I have gathered too much food, what do I do?

Well, I have so much food as wilson that I've overloaded, I'm used to playing wolfgang, and now I have way to much monstermeat and meaty stews, and its going bad before I can eat it, what do you guys usually do with all of your food? I feel bad letting it rot/spoil, what do I do?

Use this mod , so your food production won't increase

Things to do with food:

Eat

Make use of the sun , craft a drying rack

Store it in the fridge
Let the others spoil, fertilize your farm
Make a pig, bunnymen and catcoon army !
Make a weapon , craft a ham bat

Well, I have so much food as wilson that I've overloaded, I'm used to playing wolfgang, and now I have way to much monstermeat and meaty stews, and its going bad before I can eat it, what do you guys usually do with all of your food? I feel bad letting it rot/spoil, what do I do?

Welcome to the world of rich people problems :D

Most meat items can be given to el pig king for some gold, though rot has it's uses, you can use it to snuff out embers during summer, fertilize wilted or transplanted resources like grass or berry bushes, it can be used to refertilize farms, not as effective as poo but if you've got a ton of it then it's just as good. You can even use it to fuel your campfire if you need.

I do that too, my food production far outweighs my consumption. I have an area right next to my base. A compost heap, I throw all my expiring food into it. It turns into rot and I use it to fertilize my plants, gardens and even for fuel for my fire. So its a win win situation. 

It's not that you can't eat it, it's that you are not willing to eat it that makes it a problem. If you eat one meaty stew after another even when you're atfull hunger, nothing bad's gonna happen, so just eat em all up even when you have full hunger! Does that solve your problem?

Archived