How old is Don't Starve?

Ora

Just how long has this game been around? I picked it up just a few days ago (seems like it was longer than that, but the numbers don't lie) and the only reason I even know it exists is because it was featured on steam, I saw it, watched the trailer, and thought "Wow, that looks really cool." and bought it. Been loving it ever since. But how old is this game, really?

I'm sure the answer is within this forum somewhere, but i too am curious and don't feel like searching. How long has this beta been going? I learned of this game on http://www.giantbomb.com when they did a quick look, and it looked like something new and interesting. I was in the middle of FC3 when i bought this game, and i don't know that i'll ever go back!

Well, I hope this game turns out to be extremely lucrative for Klei. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games.

Same here, this game has got a LOT of potential to be a great game, and they're only making it better every update. :D I've only been playing since the birds, bees, and hounds update but the roadmap for this game has got me very intrigued; more than I can say about a lot of games recently. Klei's interaction with the community is awesome too, they always try to make sure they can appeal to everyone as well as they can and I have to say I'm impressed and I commend they're attitude towards it all. I hope they go far in life, the lot of em. :D

Same here, this game has got a LOT of potential to be a great game, and they're only making it better every update. :D I've only been playing since the birds, bees, and hounds update but the roadmap for this game has got me very intrigued; more than I can say about a lot of games recently. Klei's interaction with the community is awesome too, they always try to make sure they can appeal to everyone as well as they can and I have to say I'm impressed and I commend they're attitude towards it all. I hope they go far in life, the lot of em. :D

Consider that my words, too. Agreed.

Well, this welcome post dates back to 05-27-2012, 10:07 PM.

Hello all,

It's still early, and we just set this up so we can get some feedback on our latest game in Beta -- Don't Starve.

We'll keep this section updated with news. In the meantime, please be nice, and give us some feedback about our games.

Best,

Jamie.

So I'm guessing development started a couple of months earlier?