Teaser for Early Access Update 6: Archive Ghosts -- Arriving Nov. 10th

Holy .... That looks stunning, I think its my favorite so far. Its quite different from the previous ones. I really like the warm colors, makes it look like the whole place is on fire. I'll try to keep this image in mind when I'm playing the game.

My guess was a new guard type, but then I figured a new corporation would likely come first, so I'll go for either a new corp or @Dougalishere's guess and say it's a new mission type.

Here's my speculations:

1.Since this is no an "advertisement" poster like first four, I think it could be story related update like last one, with addition of new throwable items and type of enemy maybe) or artist just tired of poster-style and prefers to paint the beautiful views
2.Suspicious low buildings. Archives? Who knows, maybe there undeground complex beneath it? (return of hideout management layout? Nah, probably not. Anyway, there must somewhere be the new home for Incognita, so... Or could it be "classic mode" of floors infiltrations?)
3.It could be new corp, ok (and that the corporate buildings restored at background), like return of forgotten enemy from the shadow (old case from archive, cloaked ghosts included)
4.Archive... ingame encyclopedia? Dossiers?

P.S. At some point I though that distant windows is Braille alphabet's symbols, after half hour of decipher, I'll admit that probably mistaken)

Considering the map creation currently used, putting rooms adjacent to each other and connecting them with doors, I do not see how an outside map could be created, unless it's pre-made. It would be a nice change of scenery, though.

As for underground offices. I've never seen a window anywhere, besides the one in the interrogation room and guards cannot see through. As far as I know we are always underground.

I doubt a new agency will be introduced sins the current ones are not fully developed yet. There are still five missions waiting a long time to be implemented. Those missions were responsible for not being able to finish mole missions in update 4 and currently, in update 5, not being able to get new missions in mid-late game in endless mode. They are part of the Insomniac/FTM missions. The game engine does apparently not consider them to be fully completed and keeps spawning them.

On the other hand, maybe those cranes will provide a new way of entering a building, or switch from building to building, or enter/exit rooms from the outside in stead of using doors. Since we're being speculative.

New assets are indeed introduced after Update 2 and a lot more was added in Update 5. It looks like guards, or another agency if you will, will get the same abilities as your Agents have, like the use of augments, diferent tools/weapons, including throwable weapons and maybe even the ability to use a cloak (the use of cloak is unclear). This would make the Endless endgame a lot more interesting.

Though Klei has been known to throw-in something completely different and put current stuff on hold. Who's to say?

What would be cool is if we were competing against another top level agency, but the other agency is out to foil our plans. So from time to time we may see a stealthy agent KOing a guard then disappearing into a room, only to find on inspection they are no longer there but the Intel we were sent out to retrieve was TAKEN!

What would be cool is if we were competing against another top level agency, but the other agency is out to foil our plans. So from time to time we may see a stealthy agent KOing a guard then disappearing into a room, only to find on inspection they are no longer there but the Intel we were sent out to retrieve was TAKEN!

A multiplayer mode where two competing agencies fight for the sole ownership of the flag.

cooperate multiplayer mode where two players run separate missions but share their money/reputation/worldmap_missions/monst3r/item/agentpool_to_choose_from/difficulty

synchronized autoupdated savegames with ability to play anytime I mean

(and there is two disguised jets on the teaser pic of course)

or synchronized "pvp" (succesful agency takes profitable missions, shakes hornet's nests and get loot, reputation and level-ups, and another agency suddenly meet extremely guarded leftovers and other problems)

Of course, they would never add a multiplayer mode for this. It'd be too complicated and in a game like this, the winner would be the first to move.

But, I am in favour of AI-controlled-agents-trying-to-steal-my-stuff mode. It would be nigh impossible to code, but it would be fun.

Of course, they would never add a multiplayer mode for this. It'd be too complicated and in a game like this, the winner would be the first to move.

I doubt it. There would be much more impacting factors (like random generator doing its own thing) than who has the first move at start of the game.

Well, I'm 99% sure they will not add a multi-player element to this game, but if they were my bet is it would be co-op multiplayer. I think it can be fun to play this with a friend. I even enjoy watching videos of others playing when they explain what they are thinking when they do the moves, etc ...

Archived