DST is simply boring

Game is quite boring. After 12 game days with only 2 players full base is build, replanted grass twigs and berry bushes included, there is plenty of food and really nothing to do beside eating and running around without much purpose, you can wait for winter to kill deeclops but its so boring to wait for it.

There is no real gameplay included. I suspect it will be short on gameplay even after adding caves and RoG content.

There is way to much of food and really nothing to do.

That's...why it's called a beta :/

It will be boring even with RoG and caves.

The current battle system is not good for multiplayr game.

You can't kite RoG bosses, so it will end on gunpowder fast kills. PvP sucks for the same reason.

Thre is nothing here beside being on the same map with more people. It needs total redesing of combat, and much more content to be a real game.

It will be boring even with RoG and caves.

The current battle system is not good for multiplayr game.

You can't kite RoG bosses, so it will end on gunpowder fast kills. PvP sucks for the same reason.

Thre is nothing here beside being on the same map with more people. It needs total redesing of combat, and much more content to be a real game.

Don't Starve Together is not another game.

It's just Don't Starve muliplayer.

Hehehe....really, Q? I've yet to get bored of RoG. The difficulties that would bring would create quite a lot of entertainment, I think.

Multiplayer takes away the risk factor, you can always be revived by your friends, so you can just do many more mistakes.

Beside all that, game is quite small so you have everyting in few hours, like 2 - 3 hours or so and its the end.

Multiplayer takes away the risk factor, you can always be revived by your friends, so you can just do many more mistakes.

Beside all that, game is quite small so you have everyting in few hours, like 2 - 3 hours or so and its the end.

Not always, Q. Once the Telltale Heart and Booster Shot is made more expensive for the non-beta builds, then that might actually become a problem.

Not always, Q. Once the Telltale Heart and Booster Shot is made more expensive for the non-beta builds, then that might actually become a problem.

Heats will always be easy to craf, cause ghosts suck and people quit quite fast if you don't revive them, or first burn your base and then quit:D

I haven't played DST yet, and I've played very little of the singleplayer, but I'm really excited for the multiplayer!

Good for you. Cause for me its the most boring multiplayer game ever made.

Hmm. I made it to day 211 before I temporary closed the server because it was public and most people wanted to play private. It gave me a few ideas on what would be cool to have in the game, but if I can play 211+ days without getting bored, I think that the DST claim is very subjective.

Hours and hours of playing single player has made the deerclops a easy challenge, but EVERY TIME he spawns on my server it is at night with hounds on the way. Add in the fact I do less damage to him, I am dreading the deerclops arrival once more and it is great. ROG will definitely make DST harder but more entertaining.

While I could be in agreement with you about the difficultly curve being way to easy to get over. Especially with vets like us who have played this game countless of times before multiplayer was talked about being real. The current build with standing is not set up with all the mechanics that need to be there. One of the biggest gripes some of us had with single player experience was once you got over that initial jump in difficulty, we then end up hitting that plateau of dullness. You know that time period where all you have to do is make your base look pretty after the 100th day.

Cave and RoG was suppose to fix this issue in single player. Unfortunately caves was technically never finished (lava caves & the un-kill-able harassment boss) and summer felt like it was missing something next to winter. We can't say thing will get better or worse, until these SP features are actually in game (for multiplayer). They also have yet to even touch on some of the major balance issues in game. Even to the point where more then half the character roster is still missing.

Right now the only thing we can do is mess with the preset. Including allowing us to change our game to include permanent death, instead of having the ghost option on. However the game itself is not even one tenth of the way complete. Hopefully there will be a new difficulty/reward scaling algorithm when it comes to how many people are on the server. Perhaps Klei will add new special enemy types or events. Or maybe the even add in a disease or apocalyptic mechanics. It's going to take time to even get there, so all we can do is wait. Not to mention this first release of the game to us was for us to point out the technical issues, before they add other things that might break the game (to being unplayable).

Completely agree. If the main game is boring for someone, chances are DSt will be boring as well, and PRETTY MUCH FOR THE SAME F-ING REASONS! Once you get to the late game theres barely nothing left to do/get, and with more than one player late game can be achieved even faster, and (as it currently stands) you can die 1231312412315 times and get easily ressurected(I do hope that it'll change, doe). Also simply reducing the player's damage multiplier is a very boring way of trying to solve the 'easilyness' added by multiplayer, it basicaly forces you to always cooperate with other because you can't kill a f-ing spider or kill a bird (the damage reductions makes so birds take 2 hits to kill with a boomerang, so you either have a trap or you wont get feathers at all), specialy when you consider that the lag/ping can sometimes make kiting impossible.

And the way combat works makes PvP into one of the most boring things ever, very few ways to set traps(if there even are ways), which in turn just turns PvP into a kitefest and maybe a 'spam all darts/staves' kind of gameplay.
I wish they had solved some things people always complained about(cough* very few late game challenges *cough*). And honestly, those who never NEVER even cared about DS but went all 'OMG MULTIPLAYERS BEST GAME EVER! SDADASDASDA' sound somewhat hypocritcal to me, since its pretty much the same thing as the main game, but WITH MORE THAN ONE PLAYER!(as they said, 'no multiplayer-only content') I wish they had improved the main game a liitlle bit more before going on this preoject(Oh, and if they didn't use the puzzles to announce it it'd have been a bit better too).

The very point I made in the beggining of its announce still holds as my current opinion.

We'll be posting about what is coming, what is changing, and how things will be going forward pretty soon.

The game is not really supposed to be in tip-top shape that it's entirely fair to make this kind of assessment yet. But, thanks for your feedback; we are certainly aware that we have a while to go before everything is in order.

So, keep an eye out; we'll be posting up some info soon.

I had a feeling that would be the response you guy's would give on the issue at hand. It's all you can do at the moment. Rushing development would cause so many issues. I hope it does not turn into that or that you will have to sacrifice major content in order to get anything done at a good pace.  Nevertheless I wish you guy's the best of luck on future endeavors in fleshing out DS:T.

Archived