Early Access Update 5: RED EYE - Patch Notes

why? why didn't you fix the windows 32 bit bug thing? can't you just say that you are not going to fix it at all? because you said you are going to fix it, and almost 2 months already past (i think 7 weeks).

i know you said "sometime", not "now" but it's a lot of time!

Just a suggestion: if you guys are adding in chatter from the agents, it would be nice if they reacted to certain events happening, such as saying "Agent down!" when one of the team gets shot, or "Wakey wakey!" on reviving someone with a Med Gel. It's a small thing, I know, but it does add so much towards the whole feel of the gameplay.

I just had Xu comment about electromagnetic fields in the level. He'd also hacked the display to identify him as 'Central' ;) Typical hacker-ego lol.

I like the chatter, it add so much character to the agents.

I once had Internationale ask if we could do this mission without collateral damage.

I really love the little lines from the agents. It absolutely gives them personality and makes them even more unique!

some thing about Xue: unlike other agents he doesn't stand still when be in cover, is it bug or feature("keep groovin' bro" or person that prefer more scientific than in field work)?

For me, all male agents, not just Xu, can't stand still, when in cover. This may actually be a bug.

Alternatively, the guys decided to get drunk before the mission, for some reason. :grin:

I like the chatter, it add so much character to the agents.

Agreed! My favourite line is from Banks: "This room smells like burnt toast. Although, everything does."

I'm in the safe room where you start, and I have had patrolling guards walk in on my agents exploring the room and go into overwatch. One time Dr. Xu got shot, but luckily the elevator was close and I saved him, and the other two times I managed to escape.

Is this intentional?

I've had this happen three times to me while playing today alone.

I'm in the safe room where you start, and I have had patrolling guards walk in on my agents exploring the room and go into overwatch. One time Dr. Xu got shot, but luckily the elevator was close and I saved him, and the other two times I managed to escape.

Is this intentional?

I've had this happen three times to me while playing today alone.

I've always assumed it was. While you're guaranteed safe on turn 1, you are NOT on turn 2.

I've always assumed it was. While you're guaranteed safe on turn 1, you are NOT on turn 2.

Uh I have never ever seen a guard move into your starting room on turn 2, any room beyond, sure, but never the first room.

I did have a patrolling barrier guard stroll into my starting room on turn two. Good thing i had my agents behind cover, but that was a surprise. It's in keeping with the reality though. Teaches you not to assume the first room stays safe!

Well, the thing is, it has never happened to me before, until the update.

Uh I have never ever seen a guard move into your starting room on turn 2, any room beyond, sure, but never the first room.

It's happened to me on multiple occasions since I got the  game 2 updates ago, and it's happened in every update. These are patrols I'm talking about, with guards who have patrol routes with one endpoint inside the starting room.

It seems the Captain in Detention Centers has finally gotten a working brain. He now moves back to where he comes from, and even turns back to his original facing! Rest of the stationary guards still are happy to stare at a wall after an investigation though ;)

As for guard density, being fixed in Detention Centers, not sure yet. Had a Guarded one with 3 guards in it. One patrol, and 2 stationary, including the Captain. That was one with an agent in it though, so might have been by design. Time will tell, not a big enough sample size just yet ;)

The new Torque Injectors are great, but they should not reduce the cooldown of Neural Disruptors, because they reduce the cooldown of Neural Disruptors to 2 or 1. Instead of reducing the cooldown by 1 turn Torque Injectors should reduce the cooldown by 25 %:

Cooldown: 1 > 0.75 = 1

Cooldown: 2 > 1.5 = 2

Cooldown: 3 > 2.25 = 3

Cooldown: 4 > 3 = 3

Cooldown: 5 > 3.75 = 4

Cooldown: 6 > 4.5 = 5

Cooldown: 7 > 5.25 = 6

Cooldown: 8 > 6 = 6

Cooldown: 9 > 6.75 = 7

Cooldown: 10 > 7.5 = 8

Volt Disruptors should have a power cost of 3, 4 and 5, because a power difference of 2 is too high for the effect of the Volt Disruptor II.

Bit late to the party this time, but a few things to mention if you’ll allow please.

Humbled – Going to start with a big thanks. Live stream on twitch was fun – watched the recorded version. Very taken a back when you mentioned that you had seen and are considering using the ‘Agents Augments Upgrade Slots’ idea  I’d (and probably others) suggested as something you where thinking of using.

It’s a pleasure to know you consider the feedback from the community worth your time. Cheers Klei! 

Lore – Like many mentioned this last one was a great world building on with the scenario and agents talking. Real fun! – Maybe add some unique and or specific ‘this’ character only quotes?

Cyber-Lab Augments Pop-Ups – Having what the machine now gives you is a welcome change. I’d ask however you add the tooltip for what it does (like hovering over icon in the shop). It’s a shame to have to try to remember, chance it or seek a wiki to make sure your augment is useful before such a commitment.

Cyber-lab Augment Remover – Maybe consider an additional machine in the room what actually removes augments. Similar to getting them installed, it knocks you out but takes it out of the agent. You don’t recover the cost of the device (or might be a charge to use if your mean ^^) – But offers the choice to take out a augment that’s no longer useful for an agent?

Detention Centre Gear Room – SUGGESTION – I like the fact a rescued agent doesn’t get their exact kit back after recovery. However; the chance to use the office chief’s special key in a new equipment deposit room would be interesting.

All it has inside is maybe an acme standard disrupter tazer and maybe some med gel or ammo (from another poor unsuccessful unrelated agent ^^). It would be worth a fraction compared to a vault gain, but having a agent ready to go maybe worth more than all the cash moneys in a vault…  (and more uses for the key)

Data Blast Range – BUG(?) -  May need people to help me test out with this please. Maybe my shakey hand here, but sure the blast radius on the program is bigger than it shows. Sounds good until the blast released a Deamon that shot my dog -_-  ((Well, maybe that’s an exaggeration, I have no dog … b.. but it was still bad! ^^))

Rapier V2.0 – SUGGESTION – I’ve no idea if this is in game, but a random idea. Rapier is grown on me, but still a bit weak. Idea of a version 2 program, that raises by 2 power every 2 alarm cycles only found in lovely Shop Cat Bazaar?

Phase 1/2 would be 1 power – phase 3/4 would be 3 power ETC… It’s a better program, but still pushes the move fast feel. Too easy or OP?, how about maybe 2 or 3 uses per round? That’d make the 1st  version still valid and this program carry some extra risk.

Been a pleasure as always Klei – Thanks for your time and efforts.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if this is me going mad, but anyone notice in Endless Mode the new mission generation seems to be grossly skewed towards INSOMNIAC and A FRIENDLY CONVERSATION? I'm hardly getting any normal type missions at all. I have something like  8 missions available right now and the the ratio is: 7:1, with the 7 being INSOMNIAC/AFC and the 1 being the cybernetic missions and it's been something like that for the past few days. And I've not been avoiding the special missions either.

:jaded:

ps: Are Wisp and Wrench new incognita programs? I never ran into them before. I have to say, I really like Wisp. 

I dunno about others, but I'm still have no idea why update called Red Eye

if it's not just a reference to some "Golden Eye" or reference to eyes of addicted players)

I assume it's to do with the introduction of the story elements about the plane flying around the world. A late-night flight is called a "red eye."

I'm sometimes, somehow getting .5 after my money totals, and so .5 after my score when the game ends. Is this by design? It looks weird.

Do you have an agent with Anarchy > 2?  If so, you get a bonus of 25% (or 50%) on steals.

In game it looks like this value rounds.

On end of mission summary, it looks like it does not.

Archived