Is there a way to change your character after you've already picked one?

The command to return a player to the character select screen is the same as deleting an entity. Simply hover your mouse over the player you wish to reset and enter:

TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()​

Note that this deletes all the items in the player's inventory and their research progression, just like starting a fresh character would.

The command to return a player to the character select screen is the same as deleting an entity. Simply hover your mouse over the player you wish to reset and enter:

TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()​

Note that this deletes all the items in the player's inventory and their research progression, just like starting a fresh character would.

You can reset someone else than yourself? Oh damn it must be restricted only to host!

I thought if you died enough times you would be forced to choose another character? (As in, you can't be resurrected anymore by the TTH because your cap game is too strong)

No I'm pretty sure right now you get reduced to a minimum of 30 health through telltale heart revives, another heart revive after that and you are still at 30. However, if you craft a meat effigy yourself after that, you die permanently and are returned to the character select screen.

No I'm pretty sure right now you get reduced to a minimum of 30 health through telltale heart revives, another heart revive after that and you are still at 30. However, if you craft a meat effigy yourself after that, you die permanently and are returned to the character select screen.

Ah! So that's how it works. Thanks!

Ah! So that's how it works. Thanks!

Nonono. Normally, being revived with a heart while at 30 max health will leave you dead for good. 

The meat effigy thing is just a bug afaik.

EDIT: Last time I tried that was a few updates ago, so I might be wrong. Whoops.

Devs added cap. It was intended.

The thing about dying for good with meat effigy was probably intended as well.

That's how it worked for me at least (however I picked Wilson after dying as Wilson).

It's kinda good that way... or rather will be good after releasing booster shot (brings back max hp). I don't want to get another character and learn all the new recipies unless I want to do so (then I use remove command on myself).

Well that's what I say:

Dunno but... when I 'finished' the game with Wilson then started a new game with Wolfgang. Maxwell didn't even appear during the cutscenes(there weren't even cutscenes) and when I finally get to the nightmare throne again, I saw Wilson sitting there and I could free him and continue the game with him instead of Wolfgang. Then Wolfgang kept there as a new Maxwell.

I don't really think it makes it less challenging, but I agree that you shouldn't be able to change characters any time you want (except teleportato)

How about using Teleportato or completing adventure? Normaly adventure swaps your character with the one on the nightmare throne but I don't think that swap would be good for DST.

Archived