Destructible skeletons (hammer?)

It's cool that you leave a skeleton when you die. However, it can really be a hassle when you die in or near your base. It would be awesome if skeletons could be hammered like they can in RoG -- it doesn't have to drop bone shards, since those aren't an item in vanilla, but as long as there's a gameplay way to get rid of them, that would be great. I know you could delete them with the console, but... that's not for everyone.

Just a heads up for anyone that doesn't know. The counsel command to delete the entity under your mouse is as follows:

TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()​

That should get rid of those pesky skeletons untill we can hammer them away.

Yeah, we need to get rid of those skeletons.

Spooky Scary Skeletons, send shivers down my spine....

How about we make them drop bone marrow for gelatin.

Bone marrow. Hot marrow.

(req) = required

Bone Soup -  2 bone marrow and a twig or 3 bone marrow and a meat.

One meat (Not exceeding 1.5 meats value)

marrow

marrow

filler

Jelly - Two marrow (req), One monster meat (req), One fruit (to make special jellies) OR One filler (Cannot be more than 1.5 meat value or 1.5 Veg)
monster meat
marrow
marrow
marrow

How about we make them drop bone marrow for gelatin.

Bone marrow. Hot marrow.

(req) = required

Bone Soup -  2 bone marrow and a twig or 3 bone marrow and a meat.

One meat (Not exceeding 1.5 meats value)

marrow

marrow

filler

Jelly - Two marrow (req), One monster meat (req), One fruit (to make special jellies) OR One filler (Cannot be more than 1.5 meat value or 1.5 Veg)

monster meat

marrow

marrow

marrow

That would probably be mod material for the same reason as long pig :razz:

Y U RUIN MY FUN?!

Yeah, getting in real deep there. >:c Still sour about long pig, but it is for the better good of the children.

Once mods are stable, I'd definitely use a long pig and a bone marrow mod, even if I'm just planning to play coop.

Could posses skeleton while in ghost form and, well be a skeleton for some time, after some time it will brake up and leave bone shards and you are back into ghost form.

In skeleton form no inventory, but you could hit things with fists for some dmg and lower sanity of other survivors.

Yes, please! An official (non-console) way to get rid of those skeletons would be very welcome indeed. 

There's a skeleton in front of our icebox that's blocking easy access to it, and players/beasts keep accidentally getting stuck between the skeleton and the icebox. (Although we didn't complain when a koalephant we were chasing down got caught there!) 

Perhaps when a ghost player haunts a skeleton, one of the possible haunt effects could be cremation? Leave a pile of ash behind. Same as with haunting grass, etc.

Having said that, wouldn't it be ironic if you repeatedly haunt a skeleton that's uglifying your base, only for it to finally catch on fire...and burn down your whole base!  :hopelessness:

Archived