For Those Not in Beta (DST Beta Footage)

Here's about half hour of Modi Operandus and me just testing out stuff, hoping it wouldn't crash. and it didn't! (as long as he hosted) We'll be doing a series when it's more stable. To thank the first people that read this that aren't in beta, there are two beta keys that are actually hidden in the video (and by hidden I just mean annotations with the keys on them, nothing special). Post here if you get one, so people will know it's taken.

EDIT: Both keys have been taken. I hope you enjoy them, and I hope you enjoy the rest of my let's play series.

Got the one at 2:46. So happy!!! :grin:

And of course in this post's spirit I will try to find a way to pass at least one future key on, should I receive another!

Thanks for posting the video for content-hungry hypees, and thanks for sharing the love! ^_^

Edit: I love the hinting banter, quite funny to listen to as a knowledgeable player!

Hahaha and you gave him the monster meat to eat when you had carrots and butterfly wings xD

Can't wait to get home so I can actually play/debug!

Why would you want to get in? It's not much and also the thing (from what I've seen) is really buggy.

From my experience, starvation is a pressing concern like everyone hoped for.

Doesn't that make you hunger for more? Don't tell me your hype is starving.  :friendly_wink:

watched your vid, fyi carrots lose efficiency/restoration value when you cook them

so eating them raw is pretty optimal

and foraging carrots you should probably look at as a last ditch grab because carrots in the ground don't respawn

Well that's the last time I trust Beetle about anything! I think he did mention the carrots not respawning though, so I know that at least!

How do these keys work exactly? Does the person receiving it add you to friends on Steam, or does it have to be entered somewhere?

Based on the past, I'd imagine they are received from Klei via email when you are chosen (You are given 4 codes from what some have said) and then have to be entered into steam product activation to add the game to your library. If you wanted to give a key to a friend you would simply message it to them and they would put it in themselves. 

watched your vid, fyi carrots lose efficiency/restoration value when you cook them

so eating them raw is pretty optimal

and foraging carrots you should probably look at as a last ditch grab because carrots in the ground don't respawn

I think this isn't right. Carrots give 12.5hunger 1 HP if raw and 12.5 hunger 3HP if cooked. It used to be 9.5 raw hunger -> 12.5 cooked in the original, but may have changed with RoG to 12.5 = 12.5. 

Either way, cooking has always given benefits to carrots. 

Archived