Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

T4T3RGR3NAD3R

Carrier Gobblers!

Gobbler Postal Service! Crap. That spells GPS.  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have server wide chat, or carrier gobblers, paid in berries? Please don't consider Skype or anything like that in your answer.

• Gobblers. The server wide chat ruins immersion, and GOBBLE OBBLE OBBLE! (The Gobbler Noise)
    • Server Wide chat. It's not a big deal immersion-wise, and I only send turkey-scented letters on holidays.

T4T3RGR3NAD3R    2,749

I don't like the server wide chat. I think words should appear only above the head. To send long distance messages, you should be able to give a gobbler berries, then a note addressed to a specific player. The gobbler will then run off to the player. The receiver of the note could then get it by giving the gobbler berries, causing it to drop the note, or killing said gobbler. I'd much rather see a gobbler storming after me with a note in its beak than text at the bottom of the screen. A pig might make more sense, but a gobbler would be faster and more amusing.

the truthseeker    1,560

I so loathe gobblers. My "luck" means every 3 or 4 they pop up. I get lots of turkey dinners I have to make sure don't spoil often even with cold boxes. 

T4T3RGR3NAD3R    2,749

Skype and Team Speak.

also, it's more along the lines of "glululgulugluluglu"

I'm going to put to not consider that in the poll. This is more for people who want to be fully immersed in the game, or for servers full of random people.

Mario384    1,035

What if somebody spammed messages to their enemies?

Then I send spiders to kill them, or I turn into a werebeaver and talk it out, face to face.

T4T3RGR3NAD3R    2,749

It would just be funnier than the same thing with server-wide chat.

Also, that would be difficult because you need enough gobblers to spam them.

tetrified    166

Would it be possible to send items in the mail too?

I vote for gobblers just because of this though:

I would get a pen of gobblers and just send thousands of messages to people at once

Pyromailmann    2,991

Look, I know how you want to make new things but these seem so boring and trollish. I feel server chat, Skype, Steam Chat, and Team Speak are better than just sending messages like. "Imma report u 2 Klei bcuz u kild mi lol."

Quady14    123

I mean I'd love it but my girlfriend murders every Gobbler she sees on sight so I'm afraid I'd be contributing significantly to the extinction of their species sending her messages. She would literally shoot the messenger... Then eat it.

the truthseeker    1,560

:o ! Flare2V would be insulted!

Who do you think would be teasing them! ;)

I mean I'd love it but my girlfriend murders every Gobbler she sees on sight so I'm afraid I'd be contributing significantly to the extinction of their species sending her messages. She would literally shoot the messenger... Then eat it.

*sigh* why can't I find a girl gamer like this? 

Habberdash    207

Who do you think would be teasing them! ;)

*sigh* why can't I find a girl gamer like this? 

Are we seriously agreeing to this?Using a gobbler for any talk we want to do? That sounds annoying.IF it is put into the game,it should be a server option or something.  This just sounds like a waste of time and a pain to me.

LadyMeda    88

Are we seriously agreeing to this?Using a gobbler for any talk we want to do? That sounds annoying.IF it is put into the game,it should be a server option or something. This just sounds like a waste of time and a pain to me.

I think they are only talking about using gobblers for long-distance talk.

the truthseeker    1,560

Are we seriously agreeing to this?Using a gobbler for any talk we want to do? That sounds annoying.IF it is put into the game,it should be a server option or something.  This just sounds like a waste of time and a pain to me.

My position on all Gobblers must die

I so loathe gobblers. My "luck" means every 3 or 4 they pop up. I get lots of turkey dinners I have to make sure don't spoil often even with cold boxes. 

has not changed. If there was a "kill them all" option, I would have voted that.

I also agreed to all spammers should be changed into Wes and be mocked by Flare2V for "not being able to talk" 

(And am searching for a girl gamer who loves to murder gobblers too.) 

T4T3RGR3NAD3R    2,749

Not ANY talk, just long distance.

Habberdash    207

Not ANY talk, just long distance.

It seems that Team Gobbler is pulling ahead! Huzzah!

It's still a pain and it sounds like an annoying system.

T4T3RGR3NAD3R    2,749

She'd get the note...

LadyMeda    88

She'd get the note...

Hah! A note with a free meal. Awesome! It would be like getting a care package from your mother, only you have to kill the turkey dinner.

Pyromailmann    2,991

Team Gobbler has pulled ahead a bit! Huzzah!

Why do you point this out? Of course it rises. Then falls. Then Rises. Then Falls and I think you get the idea.

the truthseeker    1,560

Why do you point this out? Of course it rises. Then falls. Then Rises. Then Falls and I think you get the idea.

No idea. I guess I got excited.

Must...not...make...double entendre....