To all Modders who have created custom crock pot foods.

I have been working with Coleen McCleod to improve compatibility between my Waiter 101 mod and his Camp Cuisisne mod. In doing so I uncovered another conflict with a third mod.

After contacting the author of that mod to try to come to a common ground, I was hoping that we could agree on common tags to use for foods, this would make our mods work better together.

Custom Tags I have added include

Fungus, (added to all mushrooms and lichen)

AddIngredientValues({"cutlichen"}, {veggie=1, fungus=1})
AddIngredientValues({"blue_cap"}, {mushrooms, veggie=0.5, fungus=1})
AddIngredientValues({"blue_cap_cooked"}, {mushrooms, veggie=0.5, fungus=1, precook=1})
AddIngredientValues({"green_cap"}, {mushrooms, veggie=0.5, fungus=1})
AddIngredientValues({"green_cap_cooked"}, {mushrooms, veggie=0.5, fungus=1, precook=1})
AddIngredientValues({"red_cap"}, {mushrooms, veggie=0.5, fungus=1})
AddIngredientValues({"red_cap_cooked"}, {mushrooms, veggie=0.5, fungus=1, precook=1})

Wings (batilisk wings)

AddIngredientValues({"batwing"}, {meat=0.5, wings=1, monster=0.5})
AddIngredientValues({"batwing_cooked"}, {meat=0.5, wings=1, monster=0.5, precook=1})

-- each wing counts as one-half monster meat, so you can end up with monster lasagna with these

Seafood (eels, froglegs, and fish)

AddIngredientValues({"fish", "eel"}, {meat=0.5, fish=1, seafood=1})
AddIngredientValues({"fish_cooked", "eel_cooked"}, {meat=0.5, fish=1, seafood=1, precook=1})
AddIngredientValues({"froglegs"}, {meat=0.5, seafood=0.5})
AddIngredientValues({"froglegs_cooked"}, {meat=0.5, seafood=0.5, precook=1})

Nut (Only Birchnut right now)

AddIngredientValues({"acorn_cooked"}, {seed=1, nut=1})

Cactus (for cacti)

AddIngredientValues({"cactus_meat"}, {veggie=1, cactus=1})
AddIngredientValues({"cactus_meat_cooked"}, {veggie=1, cactus=1, precook=1})

And garden seeds made edible/cookable (if desired)

AddIngredientValues({"seeds"}, {seed=0.5})

-- two seeds is the hunger equivalent of one birchnut (which RoG labels as a seed)

Other Tags from the core game

Veggie, Meat, Fruit, Fish, Dairy, Fat, Magic, Decoration, Frozen (RoG only)

Suggested additional tags

Tuber (potatoes and the like), Spices* (salt, pepper, etc), Grain (wheat, flour, etc.)

*spices tag is already used in camp cuisine, for example.

Tags should allway be in all lower case.

If we all agree to use the same tags, then we can make our recipies cross-compatible.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome, Thanks

That tag should be dairy, not 'rawmilk'.   Yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese and even butter are all dairy.

I believe this was done to distinguish the fresh 'unpasturized' milk in the mod which cannot be used in normal cooking recipes.

Once the 'raw milk' has been made into 'cooked milk' then it can be used in recipes and has the dairy tag.

At least that's the way I remember it, I've only played with the mod once to check compatibility.

I'm personally a fan of keeping the mods separate - what happens if one of us goes on hiatus?  That said, I'm totally in for standardizing our custom ingredients tags and values.

I agree - unless someone wants to hand over their mod to another person, then I don't think it could be made into a single mod.

But if we agree to a 'standard' we can make them function together.

Also this would be a nice forum for discussing problems in conflicts, etc.

And working out diplomatic and fair solutions that ensure all mods work.

The "spices" tag is in an odd place right now.

Camp cuisine assigns the tag to harvestspice (IIRC) , but uses name.harvestspice in all the custom recipes.

On Midrealm's advice, I've tweaked my copy of Tiny Alchemy Powers to assign ground salt as a spice, but I don't believe the actual tag is used in any recipes anywhere right now. So currently it's just a non-perishable filler that can be used once per recipe that allows generic fillers.

I've seen a couple of mods that simply go with "tag.dairy or tag.rawmilk" to allow unpasteurized milk to be used in cookpot recipes (example: Mr Hastings's Chocolate+)

The "spices" tag is in an odd place right now.

Camp cuisine assigns the tag to harvestspice (IIRC) , but uses name.harvestspice in all the custom recipes.

On Midrealm's advice, I've tweaked my copy of Tiny Alchemy Powers to assign ground salt as a spice, but I don't believe the actual tag is used in any recipes anywhere right now. So currently it's just a non-perishable filler that can be used once per recipe that allows generic fillers.

I've seen a couple of mods that simply go with "tag.dairy or tag.rawmilk" to allow unpasteurized milk to be used in cookpot recipes (example: Mr Hastings's Chocolate+)

I've been sticking to using the name as opposed to the tag in an effort to make my recipes very specific about what they need in an effort to avoid conflicts.  Now, since TAP *also* has a spice (I haven't used it, wasn't aware - neat!)  I'd be happy to go back and make the recipes call for the tag instead, if you'd like.

I've been sticking to using the name as opposed to the tag in an effort to make my recipes very specific about what they need in an effort to avoid conflicts.  Now, since TAP *also* has a spice (I haven't used it, wasn't aware - neat!)  I'd be happy to go back and make the recipes call for the tag instead, if you'd like.

That would be very handy, if you're willing to take the time to do that.

I believe this was done to distinguish the fresh 'unpasturized' milk in the mod which cannot be used in normal cooking recipes.

This is a problem in itself then.  Unpasturized milk can be used in any recipe that calls for milk and its utterly absurd to think it cannot. There is no processing required for milk to be drinkable and healthy in its raw state. The only thing pasteurization is good for is roughly doubling the time that refrigerated milk will last before it starts to curdle/spoil from about 3 weeks to 6 weeks. Unpasturized milk is also easier to turn into buttermilk/butter than pasturized milk.

The only in-game difference that should exist for pasturized milk is having an extended spoilage rate.

This is a problem in itself then.  Unpasturized milk can be used in any recipe that calls for milk and its utterly absurd to think it cannot. There is no processing required for milk to be drinkable and healthy in its raw state. The only thing pasteurization is good for is roughly doubling the time that refrigerated milk will last before it starts to curdle/spoil from about 3 weeks to 6 weeks. Unpasturized milk is also easier to turn into buttermilk/butter than pasturized milk.

The only in-game difference that should exist for pasturized milk is having an extended spoilage rate.

Well, I didn't write the mod so I may have my facts wrong.

If I had to guess, I would say it was done for game balance, not for any sense of realism.

But, even so, you would have to take up any disagreement about the mod with the author.

Archived