We need a way to keep our stuff intact while we go offline

Yeah, I mean it's not as though Don't Starve is a rogue-like game! Let's hold the player's hand all the way through, after all, why would it be fair for someone to take their stuff?

In most cases I would agree, but you have to face the facts. You got to quit the game eventually, if you leave and come back to nothing it will discourage playing. However that being said that would pretty much be the downside to a public server, just keep the important stuff on you. Other wise just play with friends.

Tomer pls.

How servers work a server stores data. Notably, not every server is like this (like TF2's servers, they don't save your stats or points). But still this took an entire summer and 2.5 months to be made, of course Klei has tested servers and made sure servers save your progress because Don't Starve is a survival, sandbox game, servers are going to save progress so people don't lose everything every time they disconnect.

Tomer pls.

How servers work a server stores data. Notably, not every server is like this (like TF2's servers, they don't save your stats or points). But still this took an entire summer and 2.5 months to be made, of course Klei has tested servers and made sure servers save your progress because Don't Starve is a survival, sandbox game, servers are going to save progress so people don't lose everything every time they disconnect.

Train please, im talking about a protection mechanic from other players..

Other players are actually most likely the least of your worries. What about spoilage?

Things like this are what concern me. For private games with friends, it's all fine, you only boot up the server when most people, if not everyone, are there. But in a public server, what if someone decides to take a break for the day, and when they come back, 100 days have passed and it's in the middle of winter?

I don't see 24/7 public servers (e.g. DayZ, Rust) working here. Perhaps dedicated servers that can launch a particular world owned by a player who can then invite / open to public so long as the owner remains connected. Hosted games (non-dedicated) shouldn't be a problem. It would be similar to games such as Left 4 Dead or Payday.

I'm actually curious,do you get paid for this?

watching streams?

I wish! If anybody knows of a position and wants to recommend me, or has one, I promise to watch MANY streams and comment on them like this.

MANY MANY streams :razz:

No,going through all the posts..no matter how stupid they are.

Moderating is a volunteer position. However, you you want to ever let Klei know what a good or bad job any of us are doing, feel free to! 

By sending feedback about something you like from us, you can let Klei know what is something we should continue to do or (if not liked) what we can improve on.  

But they won't know unless you tell them!

And I can neither confirm nor deny any users posts are ever stupid instead of misunderstood or not educated on the topic yet.

(But i've been very tempted to! :razz:

I wish! If anybody knows of a position and wants to recommend me, or has one, I promise to watch MANY streams and comment on them like this.

MANY MANY streams :razz:

Moderating is a volunteer position. However, you you want to ever let Klei know what a good or bad job any of us are doing, feel free to! 

By sending feedback about something you like from us, you can let Klei know what is something we should continue to do or (if not liked) what we can improve on.  

But they won't know unless you tell them!

And I can neither confirm nor deny any users posts are ever stupid instead of misunderstood or not educated on the topic yet.

(But i've been very tempted to! :razz:

I see. (Also,I'd be a terrible moderator,I have no neutrality,if I see something stupid in every way,I'd tell the person how stupid it is)

Archived