Revelations of the Madman

Percival

(DORIAN AIN'T NO JOKE BUDDY.)

"Oh, have you seen us before, then?" Curiosity and interest lit up in the seer's eyes, wondering if he could possibly be friends with someone he had never met before... Or had he? If what Silas said was true, the newcomer could know most anything about Dorian already...

(Oh yeah, THIS is the place for joke characters. this is. insulting others and telling them off and/or lughing at other creations isn't a tread to be considred a roleplay for THE JOKE CHARACTERS NYUUUUUUH. seriously, i was heavily insulted that time.)

(No, I didn't mean yours. I like Adam Steamworth. I was only referring to Weirdo's and KBB's characters, but I was being mean in saying they were jokes, and for that I apologize.) 

(No, I didn't mean yours. I like Adam Steamworth. I was only referring to Weirdo's and KBB's characters, but I was being mean in saying they were jokes, and for that I apologize.) 

(i never said you disliked THIS character. But let's see what has bacome in the past, shall we? over one roleplay idea? lemme see here:

• "Sorry but... PFAHAHAHAHAAH" ~DwerBomb, Game changer 2014
  • "*tries not to snicker*" ~MenaAthena, Game changer 2014
  • "go away" ~DwerBomb, game changer 2014
  • "Mena do something or I'll slap him" ~DwerBomb, game chager 2014
  • "K bie" ~DwerBomb, game changer 2014
  • "try to put some more creativity in your characters" ~ThePinkishKnight, game changer 2014
  • "http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/41821-game-changer/page-1" ~The Klei entertainment forums 2014

I put down time and thought to make a character that's not your average "Ooh, look at me, i'm mister dark backstory, i made a deal or something, now im hre, Ooh" that we see fretty much F*** ing everywhere, and such is what i get as a response. yeah, i REALLY feel ******* welcome here. It's really not that fun when this happens. i know, it happensin real life for me as well. i get seen as a ******* joke. all the time. It really does not make me feel welcome. i know, this may be overeacting, but this is kinda why i snapped last time. Keep it up, guys. soon it'll just be you here. then see who wants to "Roleplay" or "suggest things" or whatver you do here. iv'e forgot. i can't see it over the stupid water in my eyes. please. i'll just go now. i'll be back whenever you need a laugh. just tell me. i'll be there.) 

(@AdamTheGamer. @MenaAthena.

Let me start off this tirade I have written below by saying this.

I may not have anything to do with this argument, and perhaps by intervening I will simply cause everyone involved to fall into more anger and emotional pain, but I am going to be damned if I don't try and understand and at least try to help the situation at hand. I don't care if this means I become the scum of the earth; I'm already there. I am going to find out what happened and find the core problem.

Now, the below is what I, a third party, view of the situation; I have tried my best to keep it objective and free of personal emotions.

So, from what I can understand, we have a situation where a person has, with time and meaningful effort, created a character for use in a roleplay. However, the concept of this character is considered unorthodox and conflicts with the setting and theme that a wide part of the forum community accepts as 'normal', despite there being no such thing. When this character is introduced to a society that is attuned to the dark, unusual theme that they believe Don't Starve represents, they react, possibly a bit negatively, to the new concept. Perhaps they were giving their opinion on it; perhaps a subjective one, but an opinion nonetheless. Some persons might've been fully honest about the idea and perhaps may be giving their criticism on it that, to someone on the outside, may appear as holding a neutral connotation. However, the person on the receiving end may have seen the criticism as jeers aimed directly at him; a lot of time was put into it and yet it receives comments that, to the person, can be seen negatively. The person would have reacted towards the perceived comments, responding in a way that can be justified based on their view of the situation. The other side, which have viewed themselves as innocent in this argument, would most likely retaliate against the person's claims, doing nothing to refute the claims. And herein after lies the argument that describes how blind and foolish humanity can be.

I encourage you two to refute me on the statements above that you believe are false and explain your reasoning behind your thinking. And keep it objective. I want to know the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. After reading this article, feel free to call me whatever you like; feel free to deprecate me on my shameless lack of compassion for the "one in the wrong".)

"Do you really want to know the answer?"

Silas stopped walking and looked at the two over his shoulder, a stern, stoic look on his face, a huge contrast from his normally lighthearted demeanor.

"Do you really want to know that I know you? Do you really want me to say 'yes'? Because that, immediately after that, if you believe that I'm telling the truth, you will be wanting me to reveal whether you live or not, and I know, from past failures, that I will eventually snap and retell tales of agony. Doesn't seem bad, does it; revealing how you die should seem to help you, right? To avoid past mistakes that caused the aforementioned deaths, right?"

Silas looked forwards and began walking again.

"No. Another thing I have found out about the loops is that, once an event I have seen has been written down in statement or has been accepted as a fact, that has a permanent welding effect. It has been locked, and cannot be changed."

Silas picked up his pace, and while the two couldn't see his face, his voice held the familiar tone of lightheartedness.

"So, where did I lose you in that conversation?"

(I think you have it pretty much on the nose there. I felt a disco ninja was not an acceptable charater for the setting and turned it down. I encouraged Adam to try again with a different character and he did, this time it was closer to what I had felt was acceptable for my rp, but the powers were unbalanced and I felt it la cked detail. I pointed out the problems and suggested solutions so that he could adjust and join. He did adjust and it was really close, but the powers were still unbalanced. I made another suggestion, and so did a lot of others. However, one person was being quite rude and that probably put what the others said in a bad light.)

"You're saying that if you tell us how we are going to die, and we accept it as fact by trying to change it, then it will happen no matter what...right?"

(Adam, I know I appreciate your effort to try to stem off the normal sad guy makes deal then goes to islands, and I'm sure Mena does too. There's nothing wrong with tweaking your character a few times. We won't think less of you. Hell, I had to change Dorian because he was op, as well. We've been pals for a while now, Adam. Don't think for a second that that's ended yet.)

Dorian watched Silas carefully. "You didn't loose me... But I think you have met us." Dorian smiled carelessly, and curiosity grew in him. How wonderful it would be if he could pry open Silas's mind and take in all his thoughts and knowledge...

(I was writing a prompt for a book, and writing down something in my writing repository.

Also, Blew just got all knowledge hungry.)

"Shana, just by saying any set of circumstances I have seen before, I am reiterating it as a fact. It becomes a prerecorded message of reality. Of course, that only applies to things I have seen before, so I can't simply scream 'We all escape and live happily after!', because, as far as the lack of effect tell me, the few that might have had a chance to escape would not be living cheerfully. And don't tell me to scream to the birds 'We all escape and mourn the friends we lost!'. I've tried. . .bastard Dracab."

Silas held his leather book in his palm and allowed it to pivot slightly between his fingers.

(Time skip once everyone in this order replies. Unless someone wants to keep talking.)

Shana walked along at a steady pace, taking in all this information, until her stomach growled; quite loudly in fact. She stopped briefly, crossed her arms over her stomach, and her cheeks flushed a bright pink. Keeping her head down, she tried to continue walking like nothing happened. 

(Silas' knowledge isn't delicious. Poisonous, actually.

TIME SKIP!)

Silas' feet was slowly becoming more sore as time went on. Soon, time caught up with the group as they traveled, and they found themselves in the light of a slowly retreating dusk, the forest that they left trailing of into the plain they now roamed.

"Anyone up for a campfire? And possibly some infected morsels of rabbit?"

Silas stopped his walking and sat down, rubbing his feet to ease the soreness.

(*eating a bowl full of knowledge*

What'd you say?)

Shana nodded and picked a spot to start a fire, setting up a small ball of kindling. She hadn't said anything about it, but her stomach felt like it was gnawing on itself. The four morsels she had she had cooked and given to the others. Adam had run off with the morsels he had. She paused and looked back in the derection they came from. Even though Adam was a little rude, she still hoped he was alright. She sighed and shook her head trying to clear her thoughts.

"Dorian, do you have any logs on you?"

"Not on me, but I have some flint... I could probably get some." He looked over at the few trees before forming a makeshift axe using his flint and some twigs. In a few moments he looked down at the axe, admiring his handiwork, before running off to collect some logs.

(Oh fu-)

"A giant lone Beefalo should be coming in about. . ."

Silas pulled out his book and peeled the pages apart, ruffling through the pages.

". . .nevermind, no food today. But hey, at least it can't become wors- no, don't say it, don't you dare **** this all up for everyone, Silas."

Shana flinched at the use of such a vulgar word. She had only heard such language on rare nights when her father came home late. Even though she was usually in bed by that time, she would awake to shouting, her father's speech slurred and riddled with such vulgarity. She dreaded hearing such language, and it showed.

Dorian looked over at Silas while smashing his makeshift axe against a tree. "Why wouldn't you say it? I thought when you say something that happens, it has to happen... I sure don't want things to get any worse." His eyes drifted over to Shana, who seemed distraught by something. "Are... You alright?"

"It seems that theoretical circumstances hold absolutely no meaning. And also the fact that I believe that it is typically bad luck to say that 'things can't get any worse'. Believe me, it can."

Silas slumped over and lay down on the ground, spreadeagled.