Revelations of the Madman

Percival

(What's the status of my application?)

(Oh, sorry, I didn't notice it much nor gave it much attention. My apologies.

I like the edited, new character more, but I would prefer if you put more specific detailing regarding his abilities and perhaps backstory as well; I find them a little too vague.)

(WE WILL NEVER LET YOU LIVE THIS MISTAKE DOWN

It's ok Blew. You We all screw up utterly and horribly make mistakes. We'll just say we're napping a little early because we were walking all day and it's almost night.)

"Well... if you're sure..."

Shana didn't want to argue with him, so she quickly weaved a bed roll together out of some grass she had on her and laid down on it. 

"Goodnight, Dorian."

With that she looked out to the horizon and waited for sleep to take her.

(EXPOSITION TIME!)

The wind began to pick up, dragging leaves and gently pruning some flowers in it's wake. Tiny twigs were flying, and shredded grass was flying rapidly, some tufts getting stuck in the branches of trees.

. . .

What was that? There was a tiny flash of cobalt and green light flying among the wind.

(I guess I'm revoking my skipping, since a choice has been made.)

The source of the streak of cobalt was not immediate at first. Nothing can't be seen.

The sun's light hit an obscure part of a tree's branch, and a glare of blue was reflected, the light striking a spot on the ground, too small to be regarded. Careful observation would be neccesary to regard it.

(This part is left to chance if you do decide to investigate.)

(Good thing Shana has a heightened sense of vision and can see things that would normally be hard to detect.)

Shana followed behind Dorian, carefully looking about for anything out of place. As she walked past, for a brief moment she caught a blue glint of something. She stopped in her tracks and turned to the direction it came from, hoping to find something out of the ordinary.

(Welp, fate has chosen. And by fate, I mean a coin flip.)

Nothing couldn't be seen. For a few moments. Then a glare hit Shana between her eyes.

A thin sheet of blue metal has been forged into a leaf, thin enough to float on a strong breeze. Indecipherable patterns of contrasting green has been scribbled onto the metal. A gentle humming could be heard from the oddity.

Shana touches it and blows up

Shana stared at the oddity. One would see curiosity gleaming in her eyes if they weren't hidden. She thought of picking it up herself, but, not knowing what it did, decided on a safer approach. She held her hand out, concentrating for a brief moment before forming another shadowy sphere. This one elongated and shot upwards toward the blue leaf and wrapped around it with two finger like appendages. 

The leaf stopped humming when the shadow tendrils touched it.

-------

Silas was walking back towards where he thought the campfire was, holding the limp remains of what he supposed to be a rotting corpse of a bunny and a slightly more firm vegetable. Not exactly a feast, but enough to get by.

"I'll be careful."

Slowly the tendril moved the strange leaf of the branch and into the sunlight. It was just close enough for Shana to see the finer details, but only because of her hightened vision.

If Dorian was paying attention, he could see the scars on Shana's soul ripple.