Revelations of the Madman

Percival

The leaf grows appendages and gouges the two's eyes out.

The leaf's texture was rippling, the tactile changing from wood grains to metallic sheen to a statuesque surface. The runes were also slowly deviating, the curves and swirls of the writing slightly moving about on the leaf. The underside of the leaf was a jet black void, lacking the glare it's neighboring side carries.

(*forces spoon into Mena's eye socket*

*proceeds to pull the eye out and quickly, and painfully, severs the eye's nerves, pinching as he did so to taper the flow of blood*

*places eyes in a jar and allows blood to flow to create an ethereal pickle of sorts*

That hurt.)

---------------

"Oh great. Walk off without me and not show me the stuff you happen to find.."

Silas laid the bunny and carrots at the place where he supposed the group was last. Sure, there were no marks, but the air had an air of melancholy, which he supposed was Shana, and a conflicting mood of unbased happiness, which he could assume was Dorian; those nonexistent emotions were enough for him.

"If I were a sardonic race of creatures that has unbased rationilizations, why would I leave?"

Edited by Percival

(Good thing I have spares!

*places a device on her head that prys her eyelids back with no apparent loss in vision*

*takes two mismatch colored eyes, one of them being bloodshot, out of a jar*

*holds them infront of the empty sockets and the nerve endings on the new eyes shoot out and start fusing into the sockets*

*lets go of the eyes and they dangle loosely on her face before slowly pulling themselves in place*

*removes the device and blinks a few times, the residual blood dripping down her face like tears as she smiled gently*

There! All better!)

With no apparent change in the leaf, Shana took a cautious step toward it. Then another step. And another, each step showing her hesitation. When finally in range, she slowly extended a finger and quickly poked the leaf and ran a few steps back.

Shana gave a nod and manipulated the shadow to pick up the leaf just as before. Holding it carefully infront of her, she turned around and started back to camp.

The scars started changing. Whether they were growing, shrinking, shortening, or elongating, Dorian couldn't tell. All that could be seen was that they were changing in some way.

Silas sat in the middle of the plains, having lost his way around as he searched for Shana and Dorian, simply holding open and reading the leather book, folding the pages back halfway.

". . .Oh! So that's what they were named! They are funny folks, albeit unorthrodox."

Shana kept a close eye on the leaf as they eventually made they way back to where they last met. She stopped and looked around, not seeing Silas anywhere. She did, however, see the dead rabbit and carrots he left on the ground.

"He must have went out looking for us."

(I already shipped the two.

Packaging love is a horrible process.)

Silas began reading through his book, though he paused on several pictures as he perused the pages.

". . .hm?"

His fingers ran over a folded corner of the book, the fold subtly tucked between the roiling mass of pages.

"Okay. So, what did the last me want me to know?"

He opened the binding where the corner was. Only inked words were written on the two pages, each taking up the page.

Turn Right At The First Hole.

"Oh good. I still have my humor, so at least this wasn't written in a hurry."

Silas closed the book and began standing up and began returning to where he left the rabbit carcass. If he was unlucky, he could always follow the smell of rot.

(I...

may have...

sorta...

kinda...

shippingthemthiswholetime

*runs away*)

Shana winces and covers her nose with her free hand. How she hated the smell of rotting flesh.

Dorian could now see what was changing about the soul scars. They were spreading, little lines like cracks coming out of their sides. They weren't very long, only about a quarter of an inch.