Revelations of the Madman

Percival

"Let's put it this way; when you remember a multitude of memories at all once, you forget the mostly important parts. In fact, I may have forgotten the fact that this cycle has been repeating for thousands of years; perhaps I only remember the few I deem important. Most likely not, though. Most likely."

Silas opened his book and began reading whilst lying on his back.

"To actually properly answer your question, there's a reason why I write in this book."

"Charades. That is the most brilliant things I have ever heard. Shame I already tried it in the previous loops. . .I will never forget the claws that skinned me and pulled my ribs out."

Silas dropped the book in a way that the cover closed, the contents inside concealed..

"As for the book, that's a gray spot in this story; yes, reading will confirm the events, as I have learned harshly in my sixth loop, but I noticed that, unless I physically hand the book to someone, the book will never be opened by an outside hand. Sure, someone can pick it up, but the moment before someone reads it, they are distracted by something, or a creature will seek the person holding the book and pierce their eyes with blood caked hands. Mostly the latter, though."

(Hear that Mena? Reading confirm events.)

(...

Then why did you give it to me in the first place?!

GOSH DANG IT SILAS! NOW SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET HANGED!)

Shana sat by the fire, quivering as she recalled the images of someone being hung. If only she had never read that book...

(And Blew.

Don't.

Say.

A.

Word.)

(I'm already in your head saying it. You can hear my voice. I don't even need to type it out for you.)

Dorian frowned at the notion of having his eyes gouged. It certainly didn't sound comfortable. He made a mental note not to pick up the book unless it was handed to him. He looked back at Silas. "We should play charades anyway. It'll be fun! It's been awfully lonely here, alone on this island. It'll get our mind off things. Who wants to go first?" As Dorian smiled somewhat innocently, his signature aura of happiness seeped through his soul.

(I was the one who dared you to draw them so if anyone needs forgiveness it's me.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME ALL MIGHTY PLAGE DOCTOR AND CHEESE OF BLEW)

Shana crossed her arms over her stomach and looked off to the side, her cheeks the slightest shade of pink. She didn't want to be a bother to anyone.

Edited by MenaAthena

(Wrong kind of blew, Mena. I am disappoint. And don't pretend I didn't see that edit.)

Dorian frowned slightly, and looked over at Athena. "You said we weren't gonna eat tonight, though, Silas... So there's really not much we can do..."

Edited by Blewcheese

"Still plenty of edible food. You don't have to eat meat, you know. I'll be right back."

Silas stood up and began walking in a seemingly random direction, opening his leather book as he did so.

(For the next few cycles, I am going to skip. For developmental purposes and to give another choice.)

(Under your bed

In your closet

Under your stairs

In the basement

I am the thing that goes bump in the night.

In the Nation of Procrasti. A wonderful, peaceful land with a total population of... eh, I'll count it later.)

Shana watched Silas walk off into the distance. She felt a little bad not going with him to help look. She looked up at Dorian as if go ask him what he wanted to do.

Edited by MenaAthena

Shana looked down at the ground.

"To be honest... I would feel kinda silly. Besides, I'm tired from walking all day."

She looked up at him, her eyes still concealed under the shadow of her hood.

"You look like you're tired too."

(I think that's the most Shana has ever said in her whole life.)