Revelations of the Madman

Percival

"Hmph. made a deal with whoever trapped us here. killed A person. I was guilty of the slaughter of everyone in the orphanage i lived on before i escaped it five years ago."

Adam was suddenly wide awake.

"thay all called me a madhouse, a loony. they said i killed my parents. that i was responible for their death. they kept pushing me. hitting me. they drove me insane. One day, one of them tried to stab me with his little pocket knife. i managed to snatch it from him, and proceeded to slit his throat. all of them died by my hand that day. all but one. Her. she never mocked me, hot me or tried to kill me in my sleep. Nonetheless, the orphanage burnt down. we both escaped. I told her to get away from me. i was dangerous. i could have another rage, and who know what might happen."

Adam siged and stood up.

"I'm gonna go for a walk. i'll be back by daytime."

He grabbed a torch and was about to walk out into the darkness when-

bump!

He walked straight into someone else. someone he didn't know.

(Adam's got a thing for bumping into people.)

Dorian stared back at Shana evenly, sighing as he analyzed her facial expression. "I guess that's how everyone else is going to look at me if I go back. Same with Adam, I guess..." At that moment, he heard a sound as Adam ran into something. It didn't sound quite like colliding with a tree... He stood and looked to Adam. "Hey! Are you okay?"

(Klutzy, isn't he?)

As the darkness cloaked Silas, his wandering pace turned into a race against the impossible, his hurried cautious steps turning into a sprint. Hitting his head against the branches didn't matter, for the creatures of the darkness were not anything you wanted to meet, especially with so few resources and defenses. Stumbling over only the larger overgrown roots of the trees, his feet glided, hurrying towards the light. Even if that light wasn't started by someone, it is hopefully real and would provide shelter from what lied in the darkness, waiting for the prey.

Holding tightly onto the torch he had crafted, he rushed towards the light, and the forest opened into a clearing.

Unfortunately, he didn't run into the light, but instead into an object.

He bounced back a couple of steps, his judgement slightly rattled by the facts that he was about to die from the dark and the acceptance that there, indeed, are other people on this island. Of course, this may not be the first time this happened either.

"I adivse you move out of the way or I'll kill you before whatever's out there does."

"As you may or may not see, I am standing a few steps away from your torch light, although you did see me before I stumbled away so I suppose that might count."

A rod of grass protruded from the darkness and touched the flames, and Silas's torch lit up, the extra flame spilling light over him. Cloaked in light, he stared at the three people surrounding the campfires. At least he wasn't insane.

He glanced at Shana.

"You're obviously one of the manipulators he sends, not sure what you control. You are also fifteen inches shorter than the last one, although he was quite tall for his age."

He turned his gaze to Dorian.

"Seeing as how you are looking at me in interest, that would entail that you are either a seeker or a seer. Not sure which, he keeps switching the new people around."

He turned to Adam.

"Still not sure what you are, since you don't seem to have any identifiable traits that I've seen in previous victims, but perhaps that's the point; yes, you must be one of the loopy one, he really like the madmen and women. I'm Silas by the way, what are your names, aliases, or unearthly pheromone signatures?"

He spoke all of the above very quickly in a manner that can be described as "bored inspection".

As he spoke, Dorian saw the being of his soul, which was quite unusual in terms of a normal sense; the eyes were still pearl white, but the soul itself was colored completely black, like a hole was cut into the fabric of reality; the writhing patch around his heart was colored a lighter gray but still a dark tone. Oddly, the hand and feet were shining pure white beyond the wrists and ankles, and the thin outline of the soul was a shimmering ribbon of colors.

(Not my best post.)

Shana quietly hid the chain in her pocket as the stranger came into view, and took a surprised step back when he addressed her. Manipulator? Last one? It was clear that Silas knew more than what he was letting on. She remained silent and looked him over suspiciously.

"Madman?"

Adam thought back at the orphanage. the fire. the death. all that blood on his hands. and he had enough of other people for a while. especually this guy. he came in, thretened to kill him, then insulted him-

Adam didn't think. he just did. the little bit of resistance he made made sure he didn't pull up his knife. instead he threw a punch. hit this  person right on the nose, making him fall back into the dark.

"Im gonna go for a walk. i'll be back sometime."

He grabbed a torch, and left.

Dorian frowned as he observed the newcomer's soul. Apparently there was something wrong with the souls of the people that appeared in this realm... Dorian was busy contemplating whether or not this was a coincidence when Adam punched the newcomer square in the face, then left. Dorian stood quickly. "Are you okay?"

"I can't feel anything below my neck."

Silas was never the leanest, toughest person, and so the punch knocked him over quite cleanly, and he lay splayed against a tree trunk, the ache in his face magnified a little too harshly.

"No, nevermind, I can feel my legs. Ow."

He slowly stood up, rubbing the area where his neck hit the tree and dusting his coat off.

"Not the friendly type, is he?"

(I was probably the only one, but reading Percival's post in a bored, going through the motions tone of voice made me crack up.)

Shana's jaw dropped when Adam punched Silas in the face. She concluded that he was having a bad day and needed his space. Even though she had her suspicions of the man, she was still concerned about his wellbeing.

"Are you ok?"

Adam walked. and walked. and then his torch ran out. just like last time. exept this time, he was too angry. as he heard a hissing, he didn't reacy all he did was kept walking. and walking. pain? walking. near death? walking. and eventually, he lost it. he pulled up his knife and went on a rampage. anything alive that night would not survive. even whatever's out there could touch him. he was just too. damn. angry.

"A soul seer? You're a first. So, how is my brilliant soul?"

Silas lowered his outstretched hand and crossed his arms. Dorian was wise to make a second observation; there was a subtle strand of black hanging from the area where the white was separated from the darkness, strings that was compromised entirely of dark undertones. The color was hard to describe, as it didn't seem similar to any kind of color that one could recognize, but one could imagine it to be the color of a prayer spoken by a madman.

(daytime soon? Just askin'.)

After a while, andam stopped. he made a fire, and sat down by it. he was ok again.

"Well." He said to himself. "i suppose we all have bad days. oh well. i'll just sleep for the rest of the time. let the others have a sleep without me around. probably best for both."

He sat down, once again leaned towards the shovel, and fell asleep.