Piece of Chalk! (Item Suggestion)

As a another way to communicate with other players in Don't Starve Together (without necessarily being there to chat with them) how about findable (or craftable?) piece of chalk. 

It could be used to draw symbols/ messages on the ground, as directions or warnings of danger or even to play tic tac toe with others for entertainment during the long nights??????

Why not get a rock with a piece of written papyrus attached to it and throw it at players? That seems totally perfect and no one could possibly troll anyone with that! Anyways the idea isn't the best due to waste of resources for something to be washed out by rain.

Papyrus and charcoal, we have everything we need, only need to make it work together! Could be some note, just like in the last puzzle. You use the charcoal on the papyrus and you can enter a message (limited length). The papyrus becomes a note. When you examine the note, the text appears above it. A note could or could not be used as a papyrus equivalent for crafting (to be determined).

Well... chalk is literally thousands of exoskeletons of dead sea creatures effectively "cementing" together to form sedimentary rock.

As a biologist, I'm torn between having a crafting recipe for it or actually mining it from cliffs by the sea (as that's where chalk deposits most famously are - see the white cliffs of Dover, for example). Having a recipe would be better for balance, but the scientist in me screams at the very prospect.

It's a toughie. :(

Servers will be filled with drawings of crudely-made weeniers

I'll be a proud artist if this idea comes into play.

Papyrus and charcoal, we have everything we need, only need to make it work together! Could be some note, just like in the last puzzle. You use the charcoal on the papyrus and you can enter a message (limited length). The papyrus becomes a note. When you examine the note, the text appears above it. A note could or could not be used as a papyrus equivalent for crafting (to be determined).

I want a carrier redbird!

I like the chalk idea! It'd be great if we could write on signs, but with chalk, you can mark things on the ground.

You could mark the directions to the nearest pig village, for example. And you could draw. You can't draw on a sign if you'd only be able to type text. We do need writeable signs tho.

I like the chalk idea! It'd be great if we could write on signs, but with chalk, you can mark things on the ground.

You could mark the directions to the nearest pig village, for example. And you could draw. You can't draw on a sign if you'd only be able to type text. We do need writeable signs tho.

Archived