Any progress on the Chester/Webber/spider conundrum?

Just wondering if there will be a fix anytime soon about spiders attacking Chester when playing as Webber.  Or is this a purposely implemented mechanic?  It's tiresome to have to attack any spiders nearby in order to save him.

Yep. But you won't be able to keep Chester inside your base if you surrounded it by spider eggs, unless you are willing to constantly feed the spiders to keep them friendly.

Yeah, I have to keep him pretty far off :/ Wish they would just make the spiders friendly towards him..

Simply because Webber loves Chester, and finds him useful doesn't mean territorial spiders would. This is one small part of what makes Webber a unique character to play as. I hope this is not, "fixed"  as it was never broken in the first place.

They probably only see Chester as food. Unfortunate; since Chester is adorable!

I usually just drop the eye-bone and go get him whenever I leave my more Spidery area for the extra inventory slots. It really is not all that difficult to keep track of him with the eye bones map indicator. Though I feel your pain, I believe it's better this way.

Can anything attack Glommer since he flies? I know I would be able to but would, say, Hounds be able to reach him?

Stuff that attacks Glommer:

Catcoons. giants, tallbirds, stupid players

Stuff that attacks Chester:

Everything On Earth

Archived