So, I'm playing as Woodie, and it starts raining... again. It's Spring, so I figure "Well, it happens." And then... something fell from the sky. I looked at it, and it was a frog. Then another. And then another. And then they started pouring down. I flee from them, and they slaughter an entire village of pigs. Not only that, but I've gone insane. I get struck by lightning, and die, and I respawn from a touch stone. So it's the next night, and there are literally 30 frogs right outside of my base, just... sitting there. So, discuss my story, or similar ones you have experienced.

Personally, I hate frog rain. The first few times I played RoG I turned it off to get accustomed to the other new threats. I know alot of people say it's easy food and I agree. But when your base gets over-run or you decide "I'll let the beefalo handle these guys", then come back to pick up the loot and all you find is beefalo wool, meat and a few horns, you need to think of a better idea.

Traps are good, but having enough is a pain. I could do without but it's part of the game now! Funny thing I've noticed tho. In my recent playthrough. I had to deal with frog rain only one time. The last day of my first Spring. Since then, nothing, heading into day 168. I have a feeling I'm gonna get screwed with a whole Spring of nothing but frog rain!

AND YOU SURVIVED!?!?!?

Yes, every time that comes a frog rain, I go to a big pig village that  I made. I put a lighting rod there, so I can stay overnight. Those frogs don't move at night. Also in nighttime, you can get closer to them before they start chasing you.

Helps to have upwards of 5 traps just sitting around your base.

Instant frog legs.

Otherwise as SOON as you see one land at all costs run somewhere you won't mind them accumulating. It'll be a nice source of protein later.

Never just sit in one place, though. You'll end up overwhelmed.

I've never liked frog rain. It's only easy food if you have the traps to deal with them, otherwise it's just a nightmare due to their anti-stun and loot-stealing capabilities. Not to mention they all mob you if you touch one to strike back. Now that they have the option I just turn off frog rain in all my worlds~

As others said - its damn good food source. Just run from your base when it starts if you don't have enough traps or pigmen to help deal with them. Then when you'll have the means to fight them you can just collect easily - the only problem will be having enough Drying Racks...

Double or triple frog rain can cause some problems of course, but nothing completely unbeatable.

Archived