Where do you stand?

What do you think about the Dragonfly?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• It's awesome and I want it IRL!
    • Eh, meh...
    • DIE, DRAGONFLY! MAY YOU TASTE THE FIRES OF HELL LONG AFTER YOUR PAINFUL DEMISE!

Lately, I've seen a sort of divide between forum members on the subject of the Dragonfly.  Some people like him, others are indifferent, and there are those who despise him with the burning fire of a thousand infernos.  So where do you stand?

I'll be first)) Its not like I hate his guts, but I still prefer him to be dead. Maybe my opinion of him will improve if devs add some really nice recipes to use his scales for.

I mean for the most dangerous of all giants his drop are quite useless compared to others.

It's pretty awesome, but I usually just run away from it until it goes away. XD *can't kite for heck* You just have to run as far away from base as possible, wait til it falls asleep, and then go back to base. Gone. :p

Well equipped you can kill him.Maybe he is hard but with practice you can kill him. and his recipe are not useless since the armor gie you fire immune and you can keep it while you are burning a forest XD

Compared to things I get with Bearger drop it is useless. I mean - stay away from fire and you don't need scalemail at all. It can be of some use for hound control if you are far away from panic room, but low absorb rate makes it too dangerous for brittle guys like Maxwell... I wish devs buffed it up to 80% at least... That would be worthwhile - a very durable log suit with fire protection and igniting ability))

I'm between meh and hate. It can be challenging if you start on Spring, only having one season to prepare to fight/ farm Ashes and run away. As mentioned above, his drops aren't the best but the Scale Armour IMO is to be only used to fight the Dragonfly, even though the armour does have Willow's abbility. 

I stand on the ground The dragonfly is cool (heh, ironic) looking and all, but aside from that it is just, well MEH, not worth fighting at as it is hard to kill and its drops are only useful during summer or during a randon forest fire, but even then the down thermantite is far more useful than everything it drops.

I stand on the ground The dragonfly is cool (heh, ironic) looking and all, but aside from that it is just, well MEH, not worth fighting at as it is hard to kill and its drops are only useful during summer or during a randon forest fire, but even then the down thermantite is far more useful than everything it drops.

I also stand on the ground.

While I don't necessarily HATE the Dragonfly, I don't love it either. I understand why it causes such destruction, for it's just trying to eat and survive, like all the other living things of Don't Starve. However, that does NOT mean I support it. It's might and power is a thing to be feared, and should be rid of at all costs (or at least put to sleep).

Compared to things I get with Bearger drop it is useless. I mean - stay away from fire and you don't need scalemail at all. It can be of some use for hound control if you are far away from panic room, but low absorb rate makes it too dangerous for brittle guys like Maxwell... I wish devs buffed it up to 80% at least... That would be worthwhile - a very durable log suit with fire protection and igniting ability))

Yes that's right . Maxwell is not good against him.and the scalemail is good for a good reason: when you killed a dragonfly and got it,it can be used to fight another dragonfly. and what about willow? she is immuned to hi fire damage or not?

Yes that's right . Maxwell is not good against him.and the scalemail is good for a good reason: when you killed a dragonfly and got it,it can be used to fight another dragonfly. and what about willow? she is immuned to hi fire damage or not?

Yep, you certainly can use it to fight another Dragonfly, but it's low protection causes rather nasty hits to character's HP. And as far as I know it still does not protect you from overheating. So why fight another Dragonfly? To build one little scaled chest? Nah, not worth it if you ask me. Just bribe him with some ash and forget it.

Yep, you certainly can use it to fight another Dragonfly, but it's low protection causes rather nasty hits to character's HP. And as far as I know it still does not protect you from overheating. So why fight another Dragonfly? To build one little scaled chest? Nah, not worth it if you ask me. Just bribe him with some ash and forget it.

Nah,not the scaled chest.The scaled chest for me is useless since I use a fan or ice flingomatic or I take down incomming fires myself.Th scaled chest is only a decoration.Since I have a lot of things to prevent my camp from being burned into ash,I only need the scales for create a fire armor.I'm using wigfrid so the armor will be used only as a clothe or to burn some trees. and wigfrid is very powerful,she can fight the dragonfly with no problem.

Nah,not the scaled chest.The scaled chest for me is useless since I use a fan or ice flingomatic or I take down incomming fires myself.Th scaled chest is only a decoration.Since I have a lot of things to prevent my camp from being burned into ash,I only need the scales for create a fire armor.I'm using wigfrid so the armor will be used only as a clothe or to burn some trees. and wigfrid is very powerful,she can fight the dragonfly with no problem.

You have a point - with Wigfrid's abilities and damage reduction even low protection rate still makes it rather useful. I just mainly play as Wilson, so scales near useless to me =)

It is the reason why grass tufts, saplings and berry bushes should be renewable (through tumbleweeds, for example, or like irl, through wind, which brings seeds of plants to the fertile soil).

So, it needs to calm down, yeah. :joyous:

Archived