Our Tavern (open discussion)

about magic schools, why does cure wounds are in the conjuration school? it should be evocation or a seventh school like restoration cause i don't see what are conjured when i heal myself...

Hah, this is actually a debate that people playing Dungeons and Dragons have had ever since 3rd edition was released. In 2nd edition DnD the healing spells were listed in the necromancy schools.

"I see the healing subschool as pulling forth positive energy from the positive energy plane, going more into the summoning/calling properties of conjuration than the creating aspects.

Evocation manipulates already existent energy or taps unseen sources. Healing calls energy from the positive energy plane, a known source. "

"I've always thought that healing spells pull energy from the Positive Energy Plane, which is why they're Conjuration. Positive energy, I figure, causes cells in the body to rapidly speed through mitosis without needing more energy (as the positive energy is supplying itself). Blood is replaced, the skin knits back together, and the wound is healed.

Negative energy is Necromancy because Necromancy deals exclusively with the Negative Energy Plane, not with any others. Why Inflict spells aren't Conjuration is beyond me.

Conjuration works with matter, and Evocation works with energy (the D&D definition, not the actual physics term)."

Edited by kraken121

so about the spells i talked about before, should i ommit them until they are reworked?

(call diety and all the spells that i have quoted)

You can, I will let you know when we update spells and give you access to the spell sheet.

well, I can give you the spell sheet, but it does have a bunch of other stuff in there, might ruin some future surprises :razz:

What an understatement! 90% of it is duplicated/undefined/unimplemented

On the other hand, reading his spell sheet will likely make you realise how easy/nice is it to read my lua mess :p

DINGGIDONG! It is the time adventurers!

It's 21h00 here and 09h00 for others people(yay, it's the morning, isn't that cool?).

Please, a cookie!

Today:

-wrote the magic page

-learned the existence of the wands page and...T.T

Feel free to add pictures or edit pages...as long as they are the same informations!

• Like 3

but..how can i know the school of the spell in the wands.lua?

Hum, the school name in books is just used for image reasons, in case of wands it is not defined like that, so I guess you would have to cross reference the classes, or check the functions (if somthing depends on a evocation cl... etc). But yeah, no obvious way based on the name alone.

This reminds me of the Lengendary Aether Mod in Minecraft...

A collab of great modders creating one amazing mod.

I've got a question about it though for my Duo-Commentary series I'm going to be doing of Don't Starve DLC+Modded.

How much does it change Don't Starve as a whole?

for now the changes that can be really saw are :

goblins village, orc camp(not a lot but 2-3), a character(if you choose him, you can play a normal chara but it will be less fun) that can level up, lots of poison spiders in specific places, magic(if you play the spellcasters)  and specials weapons/armors looted by almost everything. (and the new system of damages)

edit: and be carefull if you're surviving more than 100 days ;)

Edited by orian34

This reminds me of the Lengendary Aether Mod in Minecraft...

A collab of great modders creating one amazing mod.

I've got a question about it though for my Duo-Commentary series I'm going to be doing of Don't Starve DLC+Modded.

How much does it change Don't Starve as a whole?

Firstly, you can check here, http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36013-hero-in-the-dark-faq/

We have changed many aspects of the base game but we have not removed anything from the base game, a lot of our changes that are in the mod currently are: 

1. leveling system

2. New characters with abilities.

3. Many new items and armors. (base game armors have been adjusted also)

4. Monsters

5. Dungeons

6. The damage system is totally changed from what the base game uses. 

7. More extensive spell system. 

8. increased difficulty in the raiding (Hound waves)

Our next update will be a game wide update addressing balance and we are adding in resists to monsters. So I'm guessing the difficulty will be raised even higher but we have yet to hit testing phase of that update.

In the future, we have more dungeons planned, more monsters, we will be addressing the naughtiness mechanic and making that deeper, more spells, more places to visit, quests and much more.

• Like 2

It's 21h00 here and 09h00 for others people(yay, it's the morning, isn't that cool?).

Insert some nightmare fuel here.

Today:

-adjusted paladin page

-adjusted the wizard page

-adjusted the magic page

-adjusted the summons page

-wrote the evocation page

-wrote light page

-wrote daylight page

-wrote faerie fire page

-wrote continual flame page

-wrote lightning storm page

-wrote magic missile page

-wrote frost ray page

-wrote call lightning page

-wrote flamestrike page

-wrote gust of wind page

Feel free to add pictures or edit pages...as long as they are the same informations!

• Like 3

Insert some nightmare fuel here.

Today:

-adjusted paladin page
-adjusted the wizard page
-adjusted the magic page
-adjusted the summons page
-wrote the evocation page
-wrote light page
-wrote daylight page
-wrote faerie fire page
-wrote continual flame page
-wrote lightning storm page
-wrote magic missile page
-wrote frost ray page
-wrote call lightning page
-wrote flamestrike page
-wrote gust of wind page

I just took a quick look at the spells in the wiki and it seems you did not take into account the caster level increases for certain spells, like ray of frost for example is,

20 cold damage at lv 1, then +20 cold dmg at 5,10,15,20

math.floor(s) returns the largest integer smaller than or equal to x. Effectively, it's throwing away the fractional part, so

local damage=(1+math.floor(cl/5))*FROSTRAY_DAMAGE

=1 for 0<=cl<5

=2 for 5<=cl<10

=3 for 10<=cl<15

=4  for 15<=cl<20

=5 for cl=20 (higher dont matter for now)

multiplied by 20, which is exact same as

20 cold damage at lv 1, then +20 cold dmg at 5,10,15,20

Either way, its easy to patch in from the sheets/code, once everything else is in. It's just that cross-checking is useful because of my tendency to copy paste wrong data :razz:

Edited by DeathDisciple
  • Like 1