Ideas?

Well I loved Don't Starve and have that im 400+ days into but this was before DLC so I was just thinking whether I can bring over the save and make it compatible with Reign Of The Giants. If so how could I do it. I haven't bough Reign Of Giants yet so sorry if I seem to be missing something.

On a side note what do people like and dislike about Reign of the Giants?

We wouldn't want to take away from you the pleasure of forming your own opinion.

I will still create my own opinion, I am just curious as to what the opinions of other are.

I will still create my own opinion, I am just curious as to what the opinions of other are.

Somebody else will chime in... I ... I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to people's opinions. Some people on this forum... they are kinda... you know... not right... in the head. But the others are really awesome so it balances out.

The DLC feels like an update, and I mean that in a good way. I´m not one of those people who´s angry because they had to pay extra cash for once, after the tons of free updates the game has had, no one should  be complaining. I say it´s like an update in the sense that it feels like a completely natural and organic addition of game mechanics and features. 

Also, new challenges are always fun. 

My only complaints would be with Spring. I think this season should be so much more pleasant, as it stands, Spring is horrible because of the constant rains. When I think of Spring, I think should be more of a calm and peaceful season. I know that they wanted to make rains a stronger challenge, so I think a way they could implement this is by having random storms (which last around six days) and can affect any season. Winter storms would be cool.

My only complaints would be with Spring.

Some people said, there was a thread, or more, about how summer was kinda "bleh", most skippable season, because not enough exclusive summer activies/drops whatever.

It seems a good part of RoG likes/dislikes is season related.

edit : they even made a chart, so that's a thing you could search for on the forums if you really want to dive in other people's opinions

edit 2 : found it. here's some oppinions for you.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35281-theres-really-no-incentive-to-want-to-play-through-summer/?hl=summer

so I was just thinking whether I can bring over the save and make it compatible with Reign Of The Giants.

Nope.  Vanilla saves are totally incompatible with RoG.  You'll have to start a new game.  However, you can still keep your vanilla save, and play it if you want.  You can also start new vanilla saves.  But you cannot cross the streams!

The DLC feels like an update, and I mean that in a good way. I´m not one of those people who´s angry because they had to pay extra cash for once, after the tons of free updates the game has had, no one should  be complaining. I say it´s like an update in the sense that it feels like a completely natural and organic addition of game mechanics and features. 

Also, new challenges are always fun. 

My only complaints would be with Spring. I think this season should be so much more pleasant, as it stands, Spring is horrible because of the constant rains. When I think of Spring, I think should be more of a calm and peaceful season. I know that they wanted to make rains a stronger challenge, so I think a way they could implement this is by having random storms (which last around six days) and can affect any season. Winter storms would be cool.

Where I live, Spring is pretty much exactly the same as Don't Starve's Spring, except even worse. There is pollen bloody everywhere making everyone sick, and don't even get me started on the giant moosegooses that come out sometimes...

Where I live, Spring is pretty much exactly the same as Don't Starve's Spring, except even worse. There is pollen bloody everywhere making everyone sick, and don't even get me started on the giant moosegooses that come out sometimes...

5 words. beetle invasions in early summer. worse.

Klei is based on Vancouver, which 70% of the time is raining 24/7. There are also annoying Moose migrations that will surely wake you up from a good night sleep. One last thing about geese, they are really scary in real life. 

Back to the game, DLC is hard. They nerfed everything!Oh, my lovely moggles (well, actually I was the one who made the suggestion http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35049-moggles-rule-on-caves-3/?hl=moggle#entry456389)

One last thing about geese, they are really scary in real life. 

Geese are awesome and funny. Chickens roid raging. It's more scared of you than you are of it. Probably because we... eat them. Nom nom nom. And make pillows out of them. Thake that geese.

So uhh slightly off topic but I just bought the DLC and I was wondering what is best way to deal with random fire that happen during summer, I hate fire in general and don't want my base to burn down. Flingomatic seems to have obvious problems.

Also what is capable of catching fire?

Somebody else will chime in... I ... I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to people's opinions. Some people on this forum... they are kinda... you know... not right... in the head. But the others are really awesome so it balances out.

Don't answer what section I land on...  :happypigs:

So uhh slightly off topic but I just bought the DLC and I was wondering what is best way to deal with random fire that happen during summer, I hate fire in general and don't want my base to burn down. Flingomatic seems to have obvious problems.

Everything catches on fire!! Best to space your stuff out so if a fire starts, not everything will go up!

Flingomatic works great, just keep the good stuff in its range. Make sure fires are not in range and stock up on wood or whatever you decide to fuel it with.

As for what's flammable, any structure that has any flammable ingredient.  So basically the only ones that are NOT are the icebox and lightning rod and fire pits.  Not sure on bird cage or nightmare light.

Some folks, me included, like to build a 'summer base'.  Ideally it would also be near a touchstone and could function as a backup base if you get killed.  But as a summer base, it has fewer flammable items (chests mainly).  I only really keep crops and bushes and grass and such in flinger range.  I keep the few other structures within sight of campfire light, so I can extinguish any fires that happen at night.  Works well.  But definitely try to make sure no two flammable structures are within fire catching distance.  This minimizes any damage.

That a little disappointing does that mean big bases with large grass/twig farms are now impossible. Can wall catch fire? This is really discouraging. 

Farms burn too I guess, spacing everything out just seems like a temporary solution it seems like little by little your base will burn down as each summer passes.

Depends on the wall. Stone won't... Hay and wood, definitely will.

If you want a big twig, grass and bush farm make sure you have a few flingomatics covering that area. A dedicated chest full of logs nearby to fuel them with isn't a bad idea. Keep in mind tho the summer giant will be more than happy to turn all that stuff into ash and destroy the rest of your base along the way. Another reason for a dedicated summer base!

Wow why didn't I think of that, I suppose ill get just make a caving base. Are depth worms still stupidly strong? Playing as Webber I feel like with a few spider eggs I can slam them too the ground.

That a little disappointing does that mean big bases with large grass/twig farms are now impossible. Can wall catch fire? This is really discouraging. 

Farms burn too I guess, spacing everything out just seems like a temporary solution it seems like little by little your base will burn down as each summer passes.

They're entirely possible.  If you use the summer base strategy, the idea is try to not visit you main base much, or at all, during summer.  Wildfires don't start anywhere that's more than 1 screen away from you.  So your main base is fine so long as you stay away for the summer.  Think of it like a vacation, where you can do some focused work on your touchstone bases.  Maybe camp the desert and farm tubleweeds and stone.  Or go caving.

Spring is the worst season out of all the seasons, even in real life. Where I live, it rains at least once a day. When it's not raining, it's cloudy and wet. It's not much better in RoG. No rabbits, near constant rain, and it's one of the seasons you could start in. 

Spring is the worst season out of all the seasons, even in real life. Where I live, it rains at least once a day. When it's not raining, it's cloudy and wet. It's not much better in RoG. No rabbits, near constant rain, and it's one of the seasons you could start in. 

I can't agree more, life sucks in Vancouver. I get seasonal aff3ctiv3 disorder due to the sheer rainfall and shade. Also,flowers, not angry bees, try to kill me in Spring time -as I'm allergic to pollen. 

Archived