Why not Winnie with this DLC?

With the new creatures (Cats, goats) and with the flowers in spring, this DLC could be perfect for play with Winnie, a vegetarian character animal lover is REALLY cool

Klei..

I... REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY

Want Winnie

:3

To me, Winnie seems... ahem... boring...

Please don't hit me.

I think there was probably the fear of the devs that she would be too similar to Wendy. A young girl who look similar-ish... I presume Winnie would have weaker attacks too. There's still a chance though, in the next DLC, possibly, if there is one.

To me, Winnie seems... ahem... boring...

Please don't hit me.

I think there was probably the fear of the devs that she would be too similar to Wendy. A young girl who look similar-ish... I presume Winnie would have weaker attacks too. There's still a chance though, in the next DLC, possibly, if there is one.

It would be boring if not a fighter, but rather, as seen by Winnie, could control the animals, and send to fight Beefalos, Koalefant, Goats, etc

Is like Wendy for sending Abigail .. but no .. I do want a vegetarian, I dont like killing animals, even a game

Winnie is more like an innocent girl that would put to mourn to see a spider, would have extreme fear to monsters, so it would be more of a character run instead of fight

Yes .. I think is funny only for me .-.

Also i think she cant atack passive mobs, if you intent atack a bunny she say "I can't kill an innocent animal"

It would be boring if not a fighter, but rather, as seen by Winnie, could control the animals, and send to fight Beefalos, Koalefant, Goats, etc

Is like Wendy for sending Abigail .. but no .. I do want a vegetarian, I dont like killing animals, even a game

Winnie is more like an innocent girl that would put to mourn to see a spider, would have extreme fear to monsters, so it would be more of a character run instead of fight

Yes .. I think is funny only for me .-.

I think it would be interesting to have a character where you're actively encouraged to avoid fighting, but controlling animals, which I also presume would have been an ability of hers, also seems too much like Wendy with Abigail.

Of course, there could always be something totally unexpected, like Woodie...

Judging by some of the large similarities, I think it's safe to say Winnie evolved into Wigfrid.

Wigfrid_portrait.png

Winnie_portrait.png

Willow is like wilson and not for this she is her sister..

Klei never affirm, and asked several times if Winnie would cease to exist and no one answered

I guess they want to leave it as a surprise, perhaps sister Wigfrid be another "Artist"

And maybe dont starve does not exist and is a work of theater that we are seeing

What if Wigfrid and Winnie are actually both the same person ? Wigfrid is a performance artist disguised as a Viking girl who only eats meat (because it's part of her role). Perhaps ''Winne'' is just another of her roles, where she performs this cute little innocent girl who only eats veggies ? That would also explain why they both look the same. All things considered, we just wouldn't know her real name, only the name of the characters she is impersonating! Seems to me like something the developpers would try to keep from us because they are evil I mean, because they like to keep some secrets about the background of Don't Starve and the characters =) Just a thought.

What if Wigfrid and Winnie are actually both the same character ? I mean, Wigfrid is a performance artist disguised as a Viking girl that only eats meat (because it's part of her role). Perhaps ''Winne'' is just another of her roles, where she performs this cute little innocent girl who only eats veggies ? All things considered, we just don't know the real actress' name! Seems to me like something the developpers would do =) Just a thought.

Yep that's probably the most likely way Winnie is going to be implemented if she ever does, Id personally really like to see Winnie as another role that "Wigfrid" plays.

I know a lot of people are interested in switching to another character while still in the same world, maybe this is could be the devs answer to that if they ever do it.

More "Adorable", like this:

thump_8890824winnieportrait.jpg

God that's creepy (just me?).

Personally i don't really imagine Winnie being that amazing.

We can already get animals to work for us (pigs and bunnymen, and spiders if playing as Webber) and Winnie wouldn't stand a chance during the first winter without constant preparation 

God that's creepy (just me?).

Personally i don't really imagine Winnie being that amazing.

We can already get animals to work for us (pigs and bunnymen, and spiders if playing as Webber) and Winnie wouldn't stand a chance during the first winter without constant preparation 

Toushe...

Edit: That can be her Debuff, she can't kill animals, eat meat and cant uses bunnies for make clothes, machines, etc (The magic machine was need a rework)

She can make hats and clothes with Beefalo wools

If she's going to be a vegetarian, I think she would need the ability to make a winter functioning-greenhouse in order to get through it. 

Though would she be able to eat eggs?

Of course!

You can also eat a pregnant.

(Eat an egg is kill the bird)

I think she evolved into Wigfrid. The similarities are too much to be coincidental.

As some of you mentioned, she is already in Up and Away. One of our artists even redrew her character art in HD, to match with the other characters. Klei is aware of our use of her. :p

In the mod, Winnie is a vegetarian, but she can still eat meat. It just cuts her sanity quite a bit. Attacking innocent creatures lowers her sanity too, but by less. She can grow crops and vegetables during winter. She spawns with a shepherd's staff that will encourage beefalo and sheep to follow her.

Archived