[SPOILERS] New craftables and recipes

So no new magic items?

Magic already got a lot of attention with gemology and ancient items. I doubt we'll be seeing any more magic items for a while, at least until the next DLC, if that happens. (HINT HINT KLEI)

Magic already got a lot of attention with gemology and ancient items. I doubt we'll be seeing any more magic items for a while, at least until the next DLC, if that happens. (HINT HINT KLEI)

Shame that. Waverlys perk could be a bonus magic tech perk.

How effective is Summer frest? I made it, thinking it'd be really good for summer, thought IDK if it's okay to wear it while wearing the Ice cube or not, and if it's okay to wear it without the Ice cube in Summer. Anybody knows?

Do volt goats currently respawn? I heard conflicting stuff, but that could be anoying for the new weapon if they don't...

According to the lua they do. They don't, however, have any baby form, so if they do respawn they appear as full grown goats. I've not heard of anybody confirming spawning though. In order to confirm, you'll have to track the numbers in an isolated herd. Baby spawning only ever happens when the herd is offscreen, so you can't stand near them and hope to see a new one pop up.

Do volt goats currently respawn? I heard conflicting stuff, but that could be anoying for the new weapon if they don't...

I had 2 isolated far away goats for over 100 days, and when I came back it was still 2, so no, I don't think they reproduce for now

How effective is Summer frest? I made it, thinking it'd be really good for summer, thought IDK if it's okay to wear it while wearing the Ice cube or not, and if it's okay to wear it without the Ice cube in Summer. Anybody knows?

It's quite effective! You can cool yourself down near an endothermal fire pit during the night and put on the vest when the morning starts (like you would do during winter) and you should be able to run around for most of the day. You can also combine it with a cooled thermal stone and kiss goodbye to ice cube forever. It's a good alternative to the icecube if you start at spring and can't find ice or gears in time for your first summer.

It's quite effective! You can cool yourself down near an endothermal fire pit during the night and put on the vest when the morning starts (like you would do during winter) and you should be able to run around for most of the day. You can also combine it with a cooled thermal stone and kiss goodbye to ice cube forever. It's a good alternative to the icecube if you start at spring and can't find ice or gears in time for your first summer.

What happens if you combine it with a ice cube?

Also, do you support the summer frest being added? (do you think it was a good idea is basically what i'm asking.)

What happens if you combine it with a ice cube?

Also, do you support the summer frest being added? (do you think it was a good idea is basically what i'm asking.)

Not much happens when you combine it. In fact I think it's useless as an icecube alone is enough to keep you cold. The way I see it, the summer frest works similarly to the winter clothes: it add ''heat'' resistance.  On the other side, the icecube acts on your body temperature directly.

Personnally, I was really happy to see this added to the DLC. It gives a nice alternative to the ''rush ice + gear strategy'' for the spring start. Also, it gives us choice for how we want to resist overheating during summer: 1) wear icecube, never worry about summer as long as we have ice to repair it but accept we are being slowed down. It also lets us carry a backpack or an armor. 2) less carrying capacity because you can't have a backpack, but are not slowed down. You can additionnaly wear a minerhat or moggles, making it a really good strategy for cave exporation during summer.

Both have advantages and disadvantages, but we now get to choose what is better suited for our needs/play style.

Indeed, the character wearing the moggles at night in complete darkness won't be attacked by Charlie.

Cool =)

Morning Star's base damage is 28.9 but since it is electrical damage it gains a 1.5x modifier bringing it to 43.35 damage. Regarding this. So Morning Star will always does 43.35 damage assuming the target is dry or wetness value is zero?

Cool =)

Morning Star's base damage is 28.9 but since it is electrical damage it gains a 1.5x modifier bringing it to 43.35 damage. Regarding this. So Morning Star will always does 43.35 damage assuming the target is dry or wetness value is zero?

Multiplied by any player damage multipliers, yes. So in Wilson's hands, it would do 43.35 to a dry target, and 86.7 to a drenched one. In Wigfrid's, it will do ~54.2-108.4.

Archived