Show us your new camp!

Don't get me wrong, i'm so building my base so slowly because i have harder world (almost everything on "less"). Also, why almost everybody not destroying science machine/prestihatitator after getting AE/SM?

post-234476-0-99657100-1397238122_thumb.

Don't get me wrong, i'm so building my base so slowly because i have harder world (almost everything on "less"). Also, why almost everybody not destroying science machine/prestihatitator after getting AE/SM?

I always destroy my tier 1 stations before placing my tier 2s.

Cus I don't prototype stuff before hands and too lazy to hammer them down. Also, I like them cus they make the base cozy. I put tier ones and tier twos in all of my cave/ruins camp just for the cosmetic purposes.

Well, for aesthetic purposes, I don't see why not hammering down tier one stations is a bad thing, so yep. I'm not judging.

The game does get a lot easier when you have mods that let you wear armor and packs and amulets all at once.

it really does. I had played plenty of hours with no mods, so I don't mind indulging myself on a playthrough or two. I have to say though, the clearly most beneficial mod I've used is the Emerald implement mod. The lighting + armor is just too strong, although it is a real pain to make, it still might not be balanced.

Also this is my third world. 

With fling-o-matics and the change to summer, i really no longer fear building a larger base in RoG. Although I did have to change a few things around because of fire hound attacks. 

post-345479-0-52575900-1397267856_thumb.

I had 2 houndius shootius but the frog rain ended that. so I remodeled a defense for the one I have now.

post-345479-0-99795300-1397267829_thumb.

it really does. I had played plenty of hours with no mods, so I don't mind indulging myself on a playthrough or two. I have to say though, the clearly most beneficial mod I've used is the Emerald implement mod. The lighting + armor is just too strong, although it is a real pain to make, it still might not be balanced.

Also this is my third world. 

With fling-o-matics and the change to summer, i really no longer fear building a larger base in RoG. Although I did have to change a few things around because of fire hound attacks. 

attachicon.gif2014-04-11_00012.jpg

I had 2 houndius shootius but the frog rain ended that. so I remodeled a defense for the one I have now.

attachicon.gif2014-04-11_00011.jpg

Just a question, what mods do you use?

Recently lost due to me accidentally hitting Capslock which made me unable to run on a character with 65 health and like 7 hounds. RIP. In Peace.

I was using my upcoming custom character and I hadn't given them a custom minimap icon yet, so that's why it's Wilson on the map.

post-286034-0-86498700-1397269167_thumb.

Lots of honey and crops, a koalefant for renewable manure without having to deal with beefalo in heat, snow chester, 3 ice flingomatics. Surprisingly I didn't get a prestihatinator because I was too busy exploring to catch rabbits.

@MatGreevil7 did I just see an "armorruins" with 104%? Sounds legit!

Yeah haha. that has been happening now and then. I built a new Thelicite armor suit and my other one went to 104%. I had gotten one crown to 125% randomly, I should probably report the bug and post the screenshot. 

Either that... or I should hire out my skills as an armor craftsmith

Wow, this character looks cool. What mod it is? :)

Nice Base.

I really like the implement of "islands" that you can wormhole too and sit at, seems like a great place to make a base. I can't believe a koalefant spawned there, that's awesome! 

Also hound attacks seem even more intense since you have limited space to work with, plus if you track a Warg on your isle. 

I really like the implement of "islands" that you can wormhole too and sit at, seems like a great place to make a base. I can't believe a koalefant spawned there, that's awesome! 

Also hound attacks seem even more intense since you have limited space to work with, plus if you track a Warg on your isle. 

The empty corner on the other side of the island is where I waited for hounds. Since my back, and most of my sides were covered, there was only one direction they could come from.

I saw it too.

I never took that screenshot of my updated base at the start of winter did i? Oh well. It's halfway through winter now. like 80 ice and almost 60 jerky. Oh my.

Yeah haha. that has been happening now and then. I built a new Thelicite armor suit and my other one went to 104%. I had gotten one crown to 125% randomly, I should probably report the bug and post the screenshot. 

Either that... or I should hire out my skills as an armor craftsmith

If that's the problem you have with 90% of these bases then i'm actually shocked. that 104% armor is actually the most legitimate thing in nearly 80% of these super modded posts. Durability on armors can increase when opening the chests in the ruins leading up to the  Ancient Guardian. It's a bit random but not in the least uncommon if you open all of the chests its nearly guaranteed.

Overall though neat bases everybody!

btw i'm not knocking on mods. they definitely increase the replayability of the game.

The game does get a lot easier when you have mods that let you wear armor and packs and amulets all at once.

I don't see how i makes the game so much easier... Exept maybe if you use a life amulet with the rest of your gear, then yeah maybe. But otherwise, it just takes away the tediousness of always switching between your backpack and your armor/shirt. I mean, the inventory management is such a pain in the regular don't starve. Don't get me wrong, I've put more than 100 hours in the game and I'm good at switching my items and tools and conserve a lot of space in my inventory but I don't see the point.

I use the neat rpg hud BB mod and it makes the game soo much more fun to play.

I like to use mods that indicate the damage and heal numbers as well as the lifebars C mod. They make the game so much more enjoyable as well, it's nice to see the health of your enemies. It doesn't help you in any way, it just makes available information that you can estimate anyways with experience. I know I'm gonna kill a spiders in two shots from the Hambat, but it's nice the see the numbers at stake.

Do you think such mods make the game too easy ? I'd like to hear your take on that !

Do you think such mods make the game too easy ? I'd like to hear your take on that !

That's a pretty old post and thread in general but ok, since you asked: 

Any mod that increases inventory space, or gives you more wear locations than vanilla most definitely makes the game easier.  You don't have to plan ahead as much.  You can just grab everything you see and bring it back and build you base up super-fast.  Being able to wear a backpack or amulet with armor is especially easier-making.  You can bring lots of spare weapons and armor and healing and STILL cart of truck loads of loot.

Naturally those things reduce the gathering and inventory management of the game.  Honestly if you find those things "tedious" then game isn't really designed for you.  I understand why you find it tedious, and that's fine.  But that does not mitigate the fact that you are making the game easier.  Maybe it allows you to gather 10 stacks of berry bushes in one run, while stockpiling a bunch of different foods, and 2 spare armor.  As opposed to vanilla where maybe it takes you 3 separate runs to do the same thing and still keep safe from hounds etc.  You can demolish all the pig huts on your map and rebuild them by your base, all in one trip.  Dig all the graves in one trip.  Those are things that take me many days to do because my inventory is limited.  And each trip must account for hound attacks, food, the seasons, rain.  These mods reduce the time it takes to do everything, including build up a base, and ultimately the overriding factor of this game is not just *inventory* management.  It is *time* management.

I don't care that people use these mods.  It's not a competition.  But it's silly for people to brag about their base on day 10 or whatever, when they're cheating.   I'm not impressed.  In general I do look down my nose at them - I admit that.  But I don't expect them to care.  I also don't know if they have physical disabilities that make the game too difficult in vanilla, or maybe they just have very little time to play and want to get farther faster.  Those are certainly valid reasons to use mods.  But I can't tell them from screencaps.

As for mods that display food values, or health/hunger/sanity, those make little difference in difficulty as far as I'm concerned.  It saves your wrist from constantly hovering, or switching to firefox to reference the wiki.  I don't use those mods personally, but I'm not going to say they make the game easier. 

Mods like where's my beefalo, kind of in between.  It saves you from possibly wasting time searching for your beefalo.  probably not that much time. 

Do you really care so much about my opinion?  In general I do try to bite my tongue unless someone seems overly full of themselves.

Archived