[Suggestion] Trolls

hey i want to request a new mob, trolls 

will be nice to see in the game a new monster bigger and stronger he kill animals and get their meat to cook and eat it , and if the player kill them will drop some loot like: troll skin(with that you can make better clothes) ,troll bat , troll tooth

I wish very much that will hapen and the klei team make from my ideea a better one (add new things to the troll what i never mind)

they looks like

don_t_starve___trolls_by_erinnoein-d6tqg

Good suggestion,

maybe let them become really strong,like ancient guardian, and you can get a root (meat stew, new items like "potato stew/chowder", or monster lasagna every time you hit them. However, they will quickly pick up the dropped items like what pengulls do and you will have to be really stealthy. Killing one or a pack will drop a chest containing stinger (Hobbit reference of the Elvish sword), gold, and ale (new item).

If this is implemented I hope they do some sort of hi regen troll except if they are set on fire (it could, for example, stop their regen for a certain time, allowing you to actually kill it). This would also mean that you would need some special preparation to hunt trolls besides the ol'reliable spear and give some items like the fire rod more usefullness !

Edit: If they really like trolls they could even implement some varieties, like cave trolls, swamp trolls, etc. This would however require a lot more work for the developpers to do...

I like this idea. Trolls should be like merms in behaviour: not hostile but will attack you if you get close.

I would suggest two options of they activity:

1. Trolls sleep throughout day time by campfire or emerge from troll structure like some cave, mould or tent and are active at dusk and

night.

2. Trolls are active at day nad dusk and go to sleep at night in a fasion mentioned above. 

Also trolls should have slow attack rate but do a massive area damage in front of them. They also should be able to throw boulders at player if he would try to kite them for to long.

seeing  that they are cooking meat over a fire pit. It would be cool if klei actually created a mob that would try to invade and use your base as their own. not actually being hostile towards you, when they see you. but more like you starting a fight with them first in order to take your base back.

seeing  that they are cooking meat over a fire pit. It would be cool if klei actually created a mob that would try to invade and use your base as their own. not actually being hostile towards you, when they see you. but more like you starting a fight with them first in order to take your base back.

I god-damn love this idea. Give scize a medal, someone (dibs not). 

This idea...and the art for it. Is amazing just amazing. I would suggest adding some sort of Dont starve twist the them just like most other monsters have something odd/off about them or are 2 animals combined into one.

Archived