Sleeping Hounds

well this is wierd but one time they attack me close to the fire and out of now where, they fell asleep right infront of me and i was like awwwwwwww...and then they woke up....and im like fkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

that happened to me today LOL I was like awwww it it was all like zzzzzzzzzz then I was like AGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHHH *dies* and it was like GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If you get close enough to your fire when running from hounds and circle the fire long enough they fall asleep on their own, just be sure you are not around when they wake, or that you are aware of the quickest path to some beefalo or pigmen. Beefalo or Pigmen will kill the hounds for you, although if the pigmen kill the hounds they will immediately eat any monster meat left behind, whereas the Beefalo will ignore the monster meat.

If you get close enough to your fire when running from hounds and circle the fire long enough they fall asleep on their own, just be sure you are not around when they wake, or that you are aware of the quickest path to some beefalo or pigmen. Beefalo or Pigmen will kill the hounds for you, although if the pigmen kill the hounds they will immediately eat any monster meat left behind, whereas the Beefalo will ignore the monster meat.

i live in a beefalo herd

So I wasn't the only one that this happened to. I was on my 5th day and had already planted my gardens and all of a sudden 2 hounds appear next to my fire and started chasing me then they fall asleep and I was like "Thank You!" but sadly out of nowhere they wake up and kill me T_T