Am I the only one treating Don't Starve like a hard-core rogue-like?

I too restart with a fresh world after each death, because it adds more consequence and weight to and being careless or making mistakes.

Also i dislike starting over on an already explored world because you know what is coming, so it takes away the fun of exploration.. therefore making it feel less like an adventure!

Nah plenty of people generate a new world. The only thing is, most ppl that have played for a little while, including myself, know how to deal with the dangers of the early game very easily. Since the mid and lategame content is not present yet, this means that after we set up a camp and can sustain ourselves, we basically live forever, which means we dont often generate a new map. Im on day 224 atm. I have 15 effigies but have not used a single one yet this playthrough. They are currently more fo show.

"What a handsome devil"

Yeah, once you master the game as it currently stands, you can be decked out with a full base and chests full of pretty much every item (and foodstuff) in the entire game somewhere between Days 35 and 50 (depending on how you split your time between farming various resources and exploring). So from that standpoint, I like to start as fresh as I can when I get bored of/gut an existing world, so I'll pick a new character (or one I haven't played recently) and start him or her in a new world.

As Prancelot said, half the fun of the game currently is exploring a new world and seeing how the various islands, continents, biomes, and resources have been distributed and/or mashed together.

i'm on Day 91, Wendy player here. Have a box full of max stacked gold, max stacked honey and veggies. I dont think i'll be dying any time Soon. Gotta watch out in the new update tho cause I planted many spider eggs around my base.

If you're looking for a hardcore roguelike, you should play one. My personal favorite is Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. It puts hair on your chest.

You can't really get the full hardcore experience in Don't Starve unless you wipe your savegame, due to research already being done. Fortunately, once the new research system kicks in, the only progression death to death is map knowledge (optional) and unlocking characters.

Honestly , It depends on if i like the map and how long i survived on it. If i like it and i die early , i'll probably play that map another time before i start a new one , if i survive long and i like the map , i might play it again depending on my mood and how I died , if i hate the map i'll probably just change maps. I've been trying to look fora map that I can play for three times , but with my luck , i get the worst possible ones.

Yup, the only one.

All joking aside, I generally restart my world after death. I don't find the "unknown" aspect of the game fun if I know where to go. However, if I'm in the mood to show my ego off a bit, I may keep the same map so I can maximize my survival chance. Not that it cannot happen, but I can see the chance of someone lasting a year plus on a first go (map wise) will being slim.