Birdcage : seed stock

See here :

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32941-i-prefer-old-birdcage/

For the context.

For the bird, the idea is to have a way to make a little stock of seed, allowing to go away for some days without having always a dead bird at return.

http://www.jardindeco.com/img/fiches_images/170264_site.jpg

An image for better example !

Of course, it could take more seed than if you give it to the bird, because you gain comfort so it have higher cost.

Other animals could have similar structure to keep them alive and maybe obtain some little resources for the breeding. Like some poop for the rabbit breeding and some minerals for the moles (they dig for you).

See here :

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32941-i-prefer-old-birdcage/

For the context.

For the bird, the idea is to have a way to make a little stock of seed, allowing to go away for some days without having always a dead bird at return.

http://www.jardindeco.com/img/fiches_images/170264_site.jpg

An image for better example !

Of course, it could take more seed than if you give it to the bird, because you gain comfort so it have higher cost.

Other animals could have similar structure to keep them alive and maybe obtain some little resources for the breeding. Like some poop for the rabbit breeding and some minerals for the moles (they dig for you).

That would be great ! I'd love if you could make a fenced door and a special type of fence for enclosing animals in an area. You could have as you said to build some sort of structure to feed them and they would slowly but naturally breed. I'd love to have my own rabbit farm ! It would be awsome if you could do the same with the birdcage.

That would be great ! I'd love if you could make a fenced door and a special type of fence for enclosing animals in an area. You could have as you said to build some sort of structure to feed them and they would slowly but naturally breed. I'd love to have my own rabbit farm ! It would be awsome if you could do the same with the birdcage.

gates and fences would be nice XD

Great suggestion. I hope this gets implemented. If they don't implement anything like a rabbit farm or something like that then maybe they could just let you leave some carrots in the container that you've placed the rabbits in and when a rabbit is in the starving state you will lose a single carrot and that rabbit becomes refilled to full again.

If I understand correctly we are wanting the birdcage to have some sort of refillable 'feeder' so that the bird doesn't expire so quickly when one is away from camp. If that is the case, I agree.

Maybe even have a little meter or indicator on the side of the cage showing the amount of food left available to the bird.

Or, and this seems easier, just make it so that a bird in a birdcage starves much more slowly than if it was kept in a chest or in inventory.

Another idea that might make the birdcage more desireable is to have birds in cages molt feathers (particularly in summer) periodically dropping a feather. This would allow a player to gether feathers without having to constantly hunt birds and would make it more desirable to keep a bird in a cage.

Another idea that might make the birdcage more desireable is to have birds in cages molt feathers (particularly in summer) periodically dropping a feather. This would allow a player to gether feathers without having to constantly hunt birds and would make it more desirable to keep a bird in a cage.

A bird give you an egg in exchange of a cooked monster meat: this is useful enough for a birdcage.

A bird give you an egg in exchange of a cooked monster meat: this is useful enough for a birdcage.

Maybem but feathers are really annoying and hard to get, and since they are a requirement for blowdarts, blowdarts are heavily underused. So a feather-harvesting mechanic would make sense for the birdcage.

I like that idea actually.   I never used birdcages in vanilla DS anyway.  Had plenty of other food.   Naturally I'm even less inclined to them now.  But if they molted feathers I might actually use them, because bird farming is pretty tedious.   I think it would also be ok to make the bird not even need upkeep in the cage, but also make it so they'll only lay 1 or 2 eggs per day.  But I think a seed tube on the side of the cage, with a meter like the flingomatic (except seeds instead of a red line) is also a great solution.

Archived