(SPOILERS) A thread about "It" (Old Bell)

Hey ! A couple of questions for you guys :

Is there any way to predict the direction the foot is going to come from ? Does it always change ?

"How long" does it step for ? Is it only going to create destruction to what you see on your screen ? A couple of screen away from you ? Does it create a super long streak of mayhem ?

I've never tried it and I am afraid of destroying my base in the process...

Finally, wiki says you need to mine the gloomer statue to get the reciepie and need a gloomer flower and wings to craft it. That means you can only craft one ? I mean, if you destroy the statue, then the gloomer will not appear again and you won't be able to craft it again is that right ?

EDIT : It says on the wiki that the flower is renewable even when the statue is destroyed so I guess that you can make one bell every moon cycle if you harvest the flower and kill gloomer ?

I tried using it on the reed field set piece. There are two problems:

1) The animation for ringing the bell has to complete before the bigfoot is summoned, but tentacles will attack you if you're in range before it completes.

2) Bigfoot doesn't seem to damage tentacles, at least submerged ones.

If that's the case, then I think it's OP as hell. Just using it for sheer destruction for you to swoop in and steal the loot sounds too easy. There has to be a risk of attack from it. A big attack. Or even a massive drain to your sanity, if it doesn't already. It just sounds too easy.

Hey ! A couple of questions for you guys :

Is there any way to predict the direction the foot is going to come from ? Does it always change ?

"How long" does it step for ? Is it only going to create destruction to what you see on your screen ? A couple of screen away from you ? Does it create a super long streak of mayhem ?

I've never tried it and I am afraid of destroying my base in the process...

Finally, wiki says you need to mine the gloomer statue to get the reciepie and need a gloomer flower and wings to craft it. That means you can only craft one ? I mean, if you destroy the statue, then the gloomer will not appear again and you won't be able to craft it again is that right ?

EDIT : It says on the wiki that the flower is renewable even when the statue is destroyed so I guess that you can make one bell every moon cycle if you harvest the flower and kill gloomer ?

Having used the bell a few times, the direction seems random. I have used the bell in approximately the same spot and had different outcomes.

The steps seem to go around one screen length away in a given direction. Might be more if you chase it.

A destroyed statue still spawns flowers, so they are renewable.

I tried using it on the reed field set piece. There are two problems:

1) The animation for ringing the bell has to complete before the bigfoot is summoned, but tentacles will attack you if you're in range before it completes.

2) Bigfoot doesn't seem to damage tentacles, at least submerged ones.

Well that's unfortunate.

Well that's unfortunate.

I don't know, reed trap is probably the best and most fun way to get rid of deerclops that there is!  After the new giants come in, it'll probably be my favorite set piece of all (excluding dragonfly of course).

I can't see how fighting it would be possible. I mean, when one step can destroy anything and everything I think trying to poke it with a spear (or any other weapon) is going to be useless.

As of right now it is not meant to be fought. It's a tool of destruction.

Having used the bell a few times, the direction seems random. I have used the bell in approximately the same spot and had different outcomes.

The steps seem to go around one screen length away in a given direction. Might be more if you chase it.

A destroyed statue still spawns flowers, so they are renewable.

Well that's unfortunate.

Thanks !

It's used for getting out of difficult situations, say there's a hundred tentacles around you and you need help: Call the bigfoot for help!

Someone on the previous page tried it in the reed field trap and said it didn't work well.

HOW DO I GET THIS BELL

Find a Glommer statue, break it, read the blueprint, visit during a full moon, steal the flower, murder the fairy bug thing, and craft it.

Someone try walking a specific direction before pausing to ring the bell. Do the feet progress in that same direction that you were walking?

The video I have of it says "nope." The directions I have run seem to not affect the feet.

It's called a glommer -__- quite obvious, just not for you.

TMHH hadn't necessarily seen the Glommer ingame. Instead of just saying its name again, I described what it was.

Hey all! I am hugos10, and I just made an account to join this discussion  :joyous:

So, here's an idea for it:

Perhaps you would be able to hit it with a tooth trap to attract it's attention!

It would then pick you up and put you in it's mouth. You could fight your way back out, crawl along

it's face and stab it in the eye! That would be pretty epic!

Well, look at the feet in the Spring Teaser. They look pretty similar, so I would imagine eventually it'll lay an egg if it's Spring, and then somehow the egg will hatch the giant that you actually fight (some have suggested it needs to be struck by lightning to hatch).

That's the "Goose" (portmanteau of Moose and Goose). I think he will lay the egg somewhere near you and go to attack you if you come close to the egg or take the egg. The egg we will need to find out on what it does. It could hatch and make another Goose for you but it will act like a companion (like Chester, Gloomers, Tall Birds, Pigmen, Bunnymen and Rock Lobsters.)

Hey all! I am hugos10, and I just made an account to join this discussion  :joyous:

So, here's an idea for it:

Perhaps you would be able to hit it with a tooth trap to attract it's attention!

It would then pick you up and put you in it's mouth. You could fight your way back out, crawl along

it's face and stab it in the eye! That would be pretty epic!

Good idea WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Archived