Hey, Forumers. You had better find something to eat before night comes...

Battal

67 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this new story type thing.

• Really cool, have my reputation!
    • It's neat.
    • Eh, meh...
    • Nah.
    • I wish it would die in a muddy ditch, alone, without friends, family, or HOPE!

Segment 16

"The Game Begins"

In a realm drowning in shadows, a thin, gaunt figure sat in a circle of light, restrained to a twisted, uncomfortable throne.  The man seemed to have no qualms against his position; indeed, his expression was that of joy.  The group had taken the bait.  They would head south, straight to where the compass pointed them.  Of course, the man thinks, giggling with glee, such long trips could always contain some...complications.

He waved his hand, and the sphere became a three-dimensional map of the Prison.  Choosing a spot the group would have to pass through, he pointed his index finger at the map, and a large, ruined group of buildings pushed up from the ground, as if they had stood there for a thousand years.  The man leaned back and thought to himself.  What should be the guardian of this ruin, this ancient, crumbling group of structures?

Lord H grinned as he made his decision.

Back in the camp...                                                                    

Battal took action as soon as the man left.  He thew away a bone from the food he had recently eaten, then grabbed the compass.  Whistling "Follow the Yellow-Brick Road", he began to leave camp.  Upon reaching the edge of the clearing, he whipped out the device only to find that it had been stolen by a conniving Tentato.  Dwer quickly brought the compass to Blewcheese, who nodded thanks before slipping it into his pocket.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"  He asked Battal, a frown upon his face.  "You're not at all yourself."

"None can make the harrowing journey to the Void and back without partially loosing their sanity."  Pecival said, climbing out of the pit.  His once-white cloth is now red and soaked to the stuffing with blood.  "I have found it surprising he is sane as he is.  What a shame."

While Blewcheese attempts to hold in his dinner, Battal swings around towards Pecival.  "Who says I'm insane?"  He says, cackling madly.  "I'm not insane!  I've never been saner!"

He falls to the ground, and the crazed look in his eyes fades.  Grunting as he stands up, he looks at the group.

"I think...I think I may have a problem."

Battal hauls himself back to his seat near the fire.

"So...should we follow this compass, or what?"  He says.

Blewcheese pulls out the device, looking at it.  "Who knows.  It could be a trap."  He puts it back in his pocket.

"Well, either way, we can't know for sure, can we?"  Willette jumps into the conversation.  "Maybe da compass is a trap, maybe it's not."

Battal sighs, running through a series of plans in his head.  Splitting up would be dangerous, but if it there was a diabolical plan behind this, fewer would be hurt.  If they went together, they would loose the camp, but have a better chance of making it alive.

As the Debul was about to make his decision, a gunshot exploded out of the woods.  A whoosh of air flew past Battal so close he could hear the bullet whirring, and a second later, it buried itself in Willette's arm.

• Like 1

Welp, I just read this. It was beautiful. Truly beautiful I must say. So beautiful I cried... Not really, but it would add emphasis and passion on this moment if I did.

Plz I must be in it plz. Even if my OC's name isn't Spinorex.

Welp, I just read this. It was beautiful. Truly beautiful I must say. So beautiful I cried... Not really, but it would add emphasis and passion on this moment if I did.

Plz I must be in it plz. Even if my OC's name isn't Spinorex.

Then what is your OC's name?

Not that you'd ever run out of OC's (copyright 2014), but throw me in there if you get the chance. I'm the tall, moderately strong dude that knows what's going on in the world of Don't Starve. Too bad he's such a pride-sustained **** that nobody listens to him. Not very lucky, either.

P.S. Sounds great so far, keep up the good work!

Edited by Flare2V