Hey, Forumers. You had better find something to eat before night comes...

Battal

67 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this new story type thing.

• Really cool, have my reputation!
    • It's neat.
    • Eh, meh...
    • Nah.
    • I wish it would die in a muddy ditch, alone, without friends, family, or HOPE!

The hideous dog-sized spider was walking all about

It found a frog and tore its insides out

It chewed on its corpse, and, then it walked away

and the hideous dog-sized spider walked about again

Best children book ever written. 

Once again, nice job on another segment! fancy Latin stuff, mhehehe. Deus Mortem could as well become your new nickname! who knows...

But I know you're joking this time because Shadowfall doesn't start with H smert blew be smert.

Lord

Hell?

Lord

Hell?

None of the above.

People, plz. What is the point of the story if we know the ending? Besides, does the name really matter? Will it tell us more than we already know? Will it bring you a cookie and some chocolate milk? I don't think so!

Segment 14

"Who's on the Throne?"

Lord Battal awoke in an extremely cramped, dark space.  He considered how this was possible for about half a second before panicking.  Had the formless shadow come back?  Had it finished what it had started?  Battal began to beat at the walls of his prison, and to his surprise, found they broke quite easily.  Sunlight streamed in through the holes as he continued smashing out.  Finally, with the sound of cracking wood, the shell collapsed, and he fell out into the clearing that held camp.

Upon stepping out of the Effigy, the Debul fell facefirst to the ground.  His legs were incapable of supporting his weight.  He had a massive headache, and the world throbbed around him like a kaleidoscope.  Pain coursed through every inch of Battal's body; death had not healed his injuries by much, apparently.  Eventually, though, these things fell into the background of Battal's senses, and he shakily stood up and walked over to the group.  He noticed that camp had changed substantially since he had been captured.  There were 6 tents for each of them, all ringing a large fire pit.  There was a cooking pot, chests at each tent, and even a half built wooden wall.

The other group members seemed to be absent, so Battal took some logs and restarted the fire.  It calmed his nerves and made the world stop spinning so much.  He then took some food out of a nearby chest and cooked it over the fire.  While he ate, he pondered over what he had seen at the warrior's encampment.  They had talked about how "Lord H" could have sent other creatures to capture him, but Battal was quite sure that Maxwell was the only one able to do such things.  Could someone else be on the throne?

Lord

Hell?

How long did that take you? o-o

Edited by ThePreChewedTree

Lord

Hell?

How can the forums load this and not my DS log?

How long did that take you? o-o

The art of Copy and Paste.

Edit: I don't think it would be possible for something that isn't human to be revived with flesh. Unless it transforms the being into a humanoid form.

Wait..

Edited by Pecival

The art of Copy and Paste.

Edit: I don't think it would be possible for something that isn't human to be revived with flesh. Unless it transforms the being into a humanoid form.

Wait..

k9Nu32l.gif

we're waiting, no worries.

• Like 3

Segment 15

"Say, Pal..."

The group slowly returned to camp, each member carrying certain tools and resources.  They all looked mildly surprised to see him, save for Pecival, who was too busy dragging a large pile of scared-looking rabbits to notice him.  He tossed these unceremoniously into a small hole, then began slowly lowering himself down with a bit of black thread.  The rest of the group settled back down around the firepit, which had become a sort of meetingplace.  They were silent for a few moments as they ate their food.  Battal was the first to speak.

"How long have I been gone."  He asked.  It was more a demand than a question.

"Click this li-" Dwerbomb began, before being interrupted by Willette.

"Five days."  She said.  "Where have you been?"

"Oh, you know."  Battal says sarcastically.  "Seeing the world, going on a grand magical adventure full of flowers and balloon unicorns..."

He lets out a somewhat unsettling laugh.

"Why?  Where do you think I've been?"  He asks, unreasonably giddy.

"Your being was condemned to the endless Void, but I caught it in a net of agony and replaced it within your physical form."  Pecival says from within the pit.  "A hundred vials, a jar of bile, the bile of the gods..."  He continues to mumble to himself as the sound of flesh being cut comes from the hole, mirrored by the death-cries of the rabbits. 

"Uhhh...okay then."  Blewcheese says, glancing nervously towards the hole.  "So, Battal.  Where were you really?"

Battal thinks for a couple of seconds, apparently back to normal.  "I remember...fighting.  A bit of pain here and there.  Something about a 'Lord H'.  I don't really remember the details."

He pauses, then gestures towards Willette.  "You were there, too."

She shakes her head.  "No, I wasn't.  I've been here working on camp with everyone else."

"Yes, you were!"  Battal insists, receding back into his more unstable state.  "You killed some massive shadow thing, and then I made a witty one-liner, and the-"

The firepit explodes in a burst of dark gray dust, which swirls in strange shapes before dissipating.  The group coughs, blinded by the dust momentarily.  When the smoke clears, a tall, thin man stands where it once was, a compass in one hand and what looks like a script in the other.  Maxwell.  He puts on a pair of spectacles and reads off the script.

"Say.  Pals."  There is a small pause in-between each word.  "You.  Better.  Head.  South.  Before.  Winter.  Comes."

He drops the compass onto the ground, then continues to read. 

"You.  Want.  The.  Truth."

He looks at the group, throwing away the script.

"Come.  Get.  It."

Just as suddenly as he came, he vanishes, leaving behind only the compass and a banged-up pair of glasses.

• Like 4