What's your favorite class(es) in Team Fortress 2

Rosten

Yeah, but the Pyro burns stuff.

And if you have the backburner and get behind Heavy he's down within 3 seconds.

Yeah but the spy stabs stuff.

And if you have any knife and get behind any class they're down within half a second ^_^

... the other classes are to simple, you play the soldier for 2 hours? you've probably mastered everything you can do with him, which is to say, rocket jumping and shooting people with rockets

What the... I really think all the other classes are more complicated than you're giving them credit for, but saying you can master soldier in 2 hours is really absurd. For starters, 'shooting people with rockets' is a lot more complicated and challenging than it sounds. Rockets are not hitscan weapons, so you've got to learn to lead your targets accurately. Of course, people don't usually walk in straight lines, especially when they have rockets fired at them, so you've got to know how people move so that you can accurately predict where they will be. You've got to learn how to aim your rockets so that even if you miss with the rocket, you'll still hit them with the splash damage. Not to mention figuring out when you can shoot pyros so that your rockets don't just come right back at you. And then there's knocking people into the air, and shooting them out of the air... you get the idea. It takes practice and it certainly isn't simple.

But, even if that wasn't the case, rocket jumping alone would take more than 2 hours to master. Have you ever watched someone who's really good at it? Getting into the air without hurting yourself significantly and learning to maneuver yourself in the air will take a little time to master, but those are just the basics! There's also jumping off walls, launching yourself up ramps, and of course chaining multiple jumps together without losing momentum and/or hurting yourself. Knowing how to do this can allow you cover large amounts of ground faster than a scout. Rocket jumping is one of the most versatile means of positioning yourself in the game, and it's gonna take time to master.

And, if you want to be able to market garden people, that's gonna take even more practice.

But, even if that wasn't the case, rocket jumping alone would take more than 2 hours to master. Have you ever watched someone who's really good at it? Getting into the air without hurting yourself significantly and learning to maneuver yourself in the air will take a little time to master, but those are just the basics! There's also jumping off walls, launching yourself up ramps, and of course chaining multiple jumps together without losing momentum and/or hurting yourself. Knowing how to do this can allow you cover large amounts of ground faster than a scout. Rocket jumping is one of the most versatile means of positioning yourself in the game, and it's gonna take time to master.

Just breaking the habit of holding the damn W key while rocket jumping alone must have taken up an entire afternoon of my time. Someday I'll be able to use my market gardener.. someday.

Just breaking the habit of holding the damn W key while rocket jumping alone must have taken up an entire afternoon of my time. Someday I'll be able to use my market gardener.. someday.

It took me forever to figure out how to steer. I eventually realized that I've been rocket jumping sideways, so I need to hold w or s and not the strafe keys. Oops. I'm afraid all my rocket jumps are still pretty basic at the moment. There've still been some times when I've managed to land right next to someone and wished I'd been using the market gardener.

You can hold down W while you're airborne and aiming your cross-hair at an enemy. That way, the person serves as an axis that you orbit around.

And, for people who generally struggle with rocket jumping, do some jump maps with friends.

You can hold down W while you're airborne and aiming your cross-hair at an enemy. That way, the person serves as an axis that you orbit around.

And, for people who generally struggle with rocket jumping, do some jump maps with friends.

The reason I broke the habit of holding down W is because it ends up giving me less air, I found that strafing nets me a longer distance and more control. Using someone as an axis seems like a great idea for barreling down on a specific target, though.

The reason I broke the habit of holding down W is because it ends up giving me less air, I found that strafing nets me a longer distance and more control. Using someone as an axis seems like a great idea for barreling down on a specific target, though.

Yeah, just to give a scenario: if you're about to jump a medic who has protection, you can rocket jump perpendicularly to them, train your cross-hair on them while holding W and allow the already gained momentum to maneuver you around them, which is good for avoiding air-shots and sustaining fire simultaneously. I used to have a habit of using the A/D strafe exclusively, then having to rapidly flick my view when within range to fire at them.

What the... I really think all the other classes are more complicated than you're giving them credit for, but saying you can master soldier in 2 hours is really absurd. For starters, 'shooting people with rockets' is a lot more complicated and challenging than it sounds. Rockets are not hitscan weapons, so you've got to learn to lead your targets accurately. Of course, people don't usually walk in straight lines, especially when they have rockets fired at them, so you've got to know how people move so that you can accurately predict where they will be. You've got to learn how to aim your rockets so that even if you miss with the rocket, you'll still hit them with the splash damage. Not to mention figuring out when you can shoot pyros so that your rockets don't just come right back at you. And then there's knocking people into the air, and shooting them out of the air... you get the idea. It takes practice and it certainly isn't simple.

And, if you want to be able to market garden people, that's gonna take even more practice.

Yea.. as soon as I made that post I felt kind of stupid, I don't use the soldier nearly enough (maybe like, 3 hours playtime?) so I know next to nothing about it, mostly because I can't figure out how to rocket jump to save my life, but what I said is the barebones version of it, (except the whole 2 hours to master thing) its akin to saying the spy is mastered by learning how to backstab and cloak/disguise properly (which is, essentially, what it is, it just, like the soldier, has a lot more depth to it then that (Wow I used a lot of commas there), I would elaborate more but im at school atm, and a tad rushed for time so i'll leave it at that for now, but I do apologize for making such an absurd assumption with next to no knowledge of the class

I do agree that Spy is the most complex class. To play Spy you need to know how to play every other class, otherwise you'll never know how to predict what they're going to try to do or where they're going to be.

I do agree that Spy is the most complex class. To play Spy you need to know how to play every other class, otherwise you'll never know how to predict what they're going to try to do or where they're going to be.

I used to be a good spy but as the main playstyles changed and evolved I got out of practice and it got increasingly tough

and thus my hatred for them has been explained.

I really think scout needs a counter, a bit of an annoyance in my opinion, superspeed, supercapping and superdamage its as if they want the game to end in a matter of seconds!

Two words: Flying Demoman. 

If you haven't seen one of those guys, consider yourself lucky, because a Demoman who can launch himself across the map using just the charge and targe is a menace to everyone. 

And yes, I watched this guy take out Scouts and well... everything else, honestly. (tip: They used an Xbox controller so they could turn on dime. No one was safe.) 

post-267501-0-39311700-1387222540_thumb.

There's a reason i don't disguise as soldiers or heavies :p

Anyways, the most enjoyment comes out of the complexity and satisfaction of the class, knowing all the tricks to the spy class is generally impossible considering how many there are out there, but it just feels that much better whenever you execute a perfect stairstab, fool a medic into wasting his ubercharge on you, etc. you know this class is hard to play, yet you managed to do good with it, and it makes you feel good about it, and makes you want to keep playing, and getting better at that class so you can feel that satisfaction once more

I played it a bit and the class i felt it was one of the best is the demoman, putting sticky bombs in strategic places is far too good.I tried a bit as a spy but he can die too easy, mostly because he's better used when he's on the opponents team.

I played it a bit and the class i felt it was one of the best is the demoman, putting sticky bombs in strategic places is far too good.I tried a bit as a spy but he can die too easy, mostly because he's better used when he's on the opponents team.

Yea, generally as a spy, expect to get around 5-10 backstabs per life, you die very easily, but all it takes is a single spy to stealthly take out an entire engi nest, basicaly what im saying is, he dies easily,but can make a huge impact in life.

Engineer, both as a character and as to play as. I used to play highlander engie for awhile and I got preeeety good if I do say so myself.

But then school came along and ruined my competitive TF2 dreams

After engie though Sniper and scout, though I'm not all that good at them.

Aaaa I really love all the classes though, I've been learning to demo pretty decent and staying alive as medic- though my girlfriends waaaay better at medic then me

We tend to go sentry nest busting from time to time ovo

and hey sometimes it works ahah

The real problem with new spies is that they think everyone suspects them, when, in reality you're just another teammate to them

... What servers do you play on? The ones I'm on people are stupidly paranoid about Spies, especially after a Spy dies because he tried to backstab a Soldier/Demoman right as they Rocket/Sticky Jumped. 

Archived