What's your favorite class(es) in Team Fortress 2

Rosten

If there are enough of them, it might be worth buying crit resistance. It's relatively cheap and can increase your ability to survive greatly. Of course, I've only really used it in Wave 666, sooo... I may have no idea what we're talking about here.

I've had full Crit and full Blast AND full Bullet resistances and still get annihilated >:c 

Stupid Advanced Bigrock. 

I am the hated. The truly scummish. I am: Gunslinger engineer. Now with new and improved short circuit to troll and nullify soldiers, non-demoknight demos, and huntsman snipers!

mini sentries are only a problem when they take you by surprise. if not, boom. They used to be ridiculous but they do not heal as they build anymore

I've had full Crit and full Blast AND full Bullet resistances and still get annihilated >:c 

Stupid Advanced Bigrock. 

at least you havent had a guy turn it to expert when its only got 2 people in the game...

mini sentries are only a problem when they take you by surprise. if not, boom. They used to be ridiculous but they do not heal as they build anymore

at least you havent had a guy turn it to expert when its only got 2 people in the game...

Unless they changed that in the last update as far as I know they still do. =o

Maybe not instantly but they still heal a little bit. 

I can't say I've had that, but I've had my share of people readying up and then leaving so we can't stop the timer. |:<

Unless they changed that in the last update as far as I know they still do. =o

Maybe not instantly but they still heal a little bit. 

I can't say I've had that, but I've had my share of people readying up and then leaving so we can't stop the timer. |:<

hmm, odd they do have more health I believe but mostly using a grenade launcher means I don't really notice, it just blows up regardless haha

unless they are underwater then they are a nightmare to hit, got bored and went on 2fort mini sentry in the pool killed me too damn much

Oh man. What is it... Well? I don't play it often so I never remember the map name but it's got the water system underneath and the annoyance when an ENgineer manages to build a level 3 sentry down there >:|

... It might be something like cp_freight, I don't play it enough to remember even though I really like it sometimes??

Cp_freight has both underwater tunnels and trains, but so does cp_well. I don't think I've seen freight in arena, but only freight has trains in front of spawn. So I'm not sure which one it is. :???:

Anyway, I actually played TF2 the other night. Went spam, slam and ham demoman on Dustbowl. I've realized that I really like the default grenade launcher and I think it's pretty underrated. I mean, I rarely see people use it for anything other than spam. It's like when people want to hit other players directly with grenades they tend to equip the loch-n-load and forget that the regular grenade launcher can be used the same way.

But I really like the default. Sure, you can just spam it into choke points and try to discourage opponents from coming through, but the weapon is actually pretty versatile. It's rather difficult to aim at first, but it can do more damage than a rocket launcher on a direct hit. You can of course hit players who are around corners or under cover. You can also use it almost like a sticky launcher and try to lob grenades on the floor where you think opponents will want to walk. Getting grenades to land where you want them to is tricky, but it can be pretty useful. Oh, and you can also grenade jump with it, but I suck at that.

The grenade launcher feels very rewarding when I actually use it well(ish), which is something I can't really say about the demoman's other weapons.

Anyway, I actually played TF2 the other night. Went spam, slam and ham demoman on Dustbowl. I've realized that I really like the default grenade launcher and I think it's pretty underrated. I mean, I rarely see people use it for anything other than spam. It's like when people want to hit other players directly with grenades they tend to equip the loch-n-load and forget that the regular grenade launcher can be used the same way.

But I really like the default. Sure, you can just spam it into choke points and try to discourage opponents from coming through, but the weapon is actually pretty versatile. It's rather difficult to aim at first, but it can do more damage than a rocket launcher on a direct hit. You can of course hit players who are around corners or under cover. You can also use it almost like a sticky launcher and try to lob grenades on the floor where you think opponents will want to walk. Getting grenades to land where you want them to is tricky, but it can be pretty useful. Oh, and you can also grenade jump with it, but I suck at that.

The grenade launcher feels very rewarding when I actually use it well(ish), which is something I can't really say about the demoman's other weapons.

yeah one of the main reasons I play demo is for the versatility of the primary weapon I pulled off a grenade jump a few times but it is really hard.

I use the regular one all the time as its perfect for choke points and good for the odd bit of open combat if used well

it does feel rewarding when you use the stickybombs and have someone walk into a trap successfully. I hate it when a demo that uses the stickybomb launcher and just spams it at peoples faces that's just... deplorable in my opinion since its not the purpose of but I digress.

Melee is just a laugh really can be rewarding but most of the time its not worth doing as they will just walk backwards and shoot you.

Is it bad that i use the disguise kit to fool sentries more then actual players? xD

not really since most players are rather disguise savvy and see right through them

it does feel rewarding when you use the stickybombs and have someone walk into a trap successfully. I hate it when a demo that uses the stickybomb launcher and just spams it at peoples faces that's just... deplorable in my opinion since its not the purpose of but I digress.

The sticky launcher can be really good for offense though, regardless of its purpose. It's devastating within a limited range. However, I don't think it's much fun to use because it often just feels too easy. Oh, look, I shot stickies in that player's general direction and now they're dead. Laaame.

Melee is just a laugh really can be rewarding but most of the time its not worth doing as they will just walk backwards and shoot you.

Using one of the shields can make melee a little bit more of a threat. But I think hitting people with a ham is its own reward. Besides that it's not especially rewarding though.

The sticky launcher can be really good for offense though, regardless of its purpose. It's devastating within a limited range. However, I don't think it's much fun to use because it often just feels too easy. Oh, look, I shot stickies in that player's general direction and now they're dead. Laaame.

yeah that's why I find it deplorable its too easy to make effective, im no person who wants a challenge all the time but that tactic is crazily easy considering its huge payoff.

Using one of the shields can make melee a little bit more of a threat. But I think hitting people with a ham is its own reward. Besides that it's not especially rewarding though.

the ham is great, kill a few people with it and then proceed to drink it! i tend to use the half-zatoichi since I got my hands on a strange killstreak one at a steal of a price and its healing gives melee that reward which encourages me to use it

the ham is great, kill a few people with it and then proceed to drink it! i tend to use the half-zatoichi since I got my hands on a strange killstreak one at a steal of a price and its healing gives melee that reward which encourages me to use it

Oo, nice. I can't seem to do well with the half-zatoichi for some reason. I think it's psychological. It encourages me to get into fights I can't win because I'm expecting the full heal. ><

Ham is my favorite drink.

Oo, nice. I can't seem to do well with the half-zatoichi for some reason. I think it's psychological. It encourages me to get into fights I can't win because I'm expecting the full heal. ><

Ham is my favorite drink.

the zatoichi is very risky, its best for ambushes or if someone else is going to melee you. I don't reccomend head on encounters unless you have allies around or if the enemy is backed into a corner and is reloading or some other form of advantage.

ham is the greatest drink a brilliant flavour

not really since most players are rather disguise savvy and see right through them

Fooling people with the disguise isn't the easiest, nor the hardest thing to do, but it seems like you could be sneaking around as a spy undisguised and you'd probably get just about the same amount of attention depending on how you sneak around, using the wanga prick is a really mixed bag for me, It's amazing for taking out huge engi nests, but you have to rely on your cloak so much until you get that first stab, which, on some maps and teams, isn't exactly the easiest thing, i might be talking complete nonsense, since im still pretty new at the game, only 86 hours, but you get the idea,

Well, unless of course they have the brain power of the black ops bots on recruit

then its to easy.

Well guys, I did something very silly. I bought a killstreak kit for the ham shank. It's not specialized or professional because I think those are too expensive/hard to get, and I play with minimal graphics settings so I'm not sure the special effects would show up for me anyway. But this should be the next best thing to having a strange ham anyway. :)

Archived