[WIP Collab] Charlie Character Mod

Seyph

She's in development. I'll help with some character art though, I'll try to have the kettle from the page previous by tonight. The reason I will NOT fully join is partially because I don't want credit and I do not want to go all in on this mod before I finish my Coraline Revamp mod.

Come on. Don't abandon this mod! We Need it! :grin:

Don't worry, it's a busy time of the year. This has been stated before. It is likely that the summer will bring the most heavy updates.

I may or may not apply for trying to help these guys with this project because I believe the only reason she isn't canon in the game is because her name does not start with W or M. As of yet though, I don't want ANY credit until I can prove more helpful and sign up to be an artist/coder in the mix,

Don't worry, it's a busy time of the year. This has been stated before. It is likely that the summer will bring the most heavy updates.

I may or may not apply for trying to help these guys with this project because I believe the only reason she isn't canon in the game is because her name does not start with W or M. As of yet though, I don't want ANY credit until I can prove more helpful and sign up to be an artist/coder in the mix,

......WHAT?

Okay, the whole thing about all characters having a W or an M for the first letter is a joke. Charlie is most certainly canon, as the night monster.

I am, for some reason, really tempted to make a kind of animation of her turning into the Night Monster. I could probably do it, and I'm really tempted to. But I'm busy doing other stuff... but I want to make it... but I'm busy... *starts doing that little sulk walk* but I wanna make it...

Just need a lil' particle effect to make the transformation look nice and smooth, a custom "Night Monster" build...

This is really neat.  What's the story about how she got freed from being the grue?

I think a special perk for her would be semi-invisibility in total darkness.  That is, no mob turns agro on her unless she directly attacks them.

Also, how does she react to actual shadow monsters?  Or rather, what made her different from them as a grue?  What is the nature of a grue?

......WHAT?

Okay, the whole thing about all characters having a W or an M for the first letter is a joke. Charlie is most certainly canon, as the night monster.

Canon as a playable character, sorry for the confusion. Yes, she's in the game of course, how would we even know she is the grue if not synthesizing it from the story that is presented outside of the game.

The W or M thing is beyond me... Charlie, Coraline, and the upcoming OC Mariposa (Very Hard Mode) are all characters I'd like to play. This game is a coder's paradise when it comes to mods and I intend on working with it. Be it Charlie on the weekends or working on Up and Away; I'm sure it'll all look great.

Ran a search to see if Charlie had been modded in as a character yet, found this, and read the entire thread. It looks like things have slowed - I was wondering if there was anything I could help with, though? I'm a bit green at modding, mind, but if there's anything I can throw into the ring....

I'm willing to be patient for something awesome - I would also just love to see if I can help somehow.

That's a shame. I would be more than willing to do the dialogue for her if necessary, if the project gets picked back up, though. I'm a writer and I think that's actually the one place I could actually be some use. I'm not confident enough in my art skills just yet to contribute there.

Well, at this point I gave up completely with the mod and deleted the strings I was working on. I haven't had any feedback whatsoever, so I'm throwing in the towel.

Why would you delete them instead of .. i dont know.. POSTING them ?

Archived