Malik's Art And Cosplay Thingies.

Okay so my first full make up test I have 1 week and 5 days till the con day I go as Maxwell.

Okay so this is a mental note to myself after first proper text of make up. I need to remember this for Maxwell.
- Nose MUST BE REDONE, using soft putty rather than nose putty original is far too large.
-Try not to spread the putty as thin so it doesn’t crack, try not to spread past the eyebrows otherwise it will crack if I express too much.
-Lips must also have putty on them to push them out more as the chin is far too big without them and odd looking.
-When attaching the chin use latex and spirit gum for extra hold. Don’t place latex over the stop area of the join, use small amount of putty.
-Use rigid collidion to make the line from my nose to my lips and wrinkles.
-Ask friend to help do the other side of my face if I can’t see because of restriction of movement due to large chin.
-Using a paintbrush works far better than a sponge, along with liquid eyeliner brush for my eyebrows.
-DON’T put any eyeliner around my eyes that isn’t for wrinkles, it looks far to feminine
-Paint the chin white with paint so I don’t have to worry about coverage.
-Get up really ******* early to do all this bullshit,
post-256346-0-70357300-1381877552_thumb.

Doing a make up test before hand works, because it gives you time to experiment and get used to what you’re using. IF I hadn’t done this then I would of been rather screwed on the day!

Okay so my first full make up test I have 1 week and 5 days till the con day I go as Maxwell.

Okay so this is a mental note to myself after first proper text of make up. I need to remember this for Maxwell.

- Nose MUST BE REDONE, using soft putty rather than nose putty original is far too large.

-Try not to spread the putty as thin so it doesn’t crack, try not to spread past the eyebrows otherwise it will crack if I express too much.

-Lips must also have putty on them to push them out more as the chin is far too big without them and odd looking.

-When attaching the chin use latex and spirit gum for extra hold. Don’t place latex over the stop area of the join, use small amount of putty.

-Use rigid collidion to make the line from my nose to my lips and wrinkles.

-Ask friend to help do the other side of my face if I can’t see because of restriction of movement due to large chin.

-Using a paintbrush works far better than a sponge, along with liquid eyeliner brush for my eyebrows.

-DON’T put any eyeliner around my eyes that isn’t for wrinkles, it looks far to feminine

-Paint the chin white with paint so I don’t have to worry about coverage.

-Get up really ******* early to do all this bullshit,

attachicon.gifIMG_0234.JPG

Doing a make up test before hand works, because it gives you time to experiment and get used to what you’re using. IF I hadn’t done this then I would of been rather screwed on the day!

Oh gosh you look terrifying.

I'm still finding more photos of my Maxwell cosplay from recent comic convention I went to in London, but here is a good one I have found so far.

Next to me is my Wilson who looked after me all day and was so good to me, as I was unable to eat or drink otherwise my chin would of cracked off. Despite a lot of suffering I am glad about the way it turned out, I know it needs improvements, but here you go! I'll post more photos when I find some!
post-256346-0-08789300-1383096984_thumb.
Then one of us being silly. Believe me it was so hard to make expressions without worry of my face cracking. All my friends found my suffering rather funny. xD
post-256346-0-05171600-1383097064_thumb.

• Like 1

This is really awesome.

Ahhh thank you I'm so happy you like it! We're still waiting some photographers to upload better quality pics

Hiya @casualsmoker, I just wanted to let you know that we've included your Maxwell + Wilson cosplay pics as well as your art thread on our Halloween Fan Art Spotlight

Oh my gosh thank you so much it's such an honour!!

Nice art and awesome work as a Maxwell cosplayer! the first makeup test also worked really nicely for a more human-looking cosplay, the lips part was really nicely done! I am also considering to make a Maxwell cosplay in the future, but I am worrying about what to do with my eyes! What color do you think would suit Maxwell?

Nice art and awesome work as a Maxwell cosplayer! the first makeup test also worked really nicely for a more human-looking cosplay, the lips part was really nicely done! I am also considering to make a Maxwell cosplay in the future, but I am worrying about what to do with my eyes! What color do you think would suit Maxwell?

I dunno to be honest. I wanted to avoid using contacts because I could barely move my face. I had to get several straws lines to back of my throat to actually drink the day. So if you're gonna be using lots of makeup and prosthetic bits (like nose and chin haha) then I would say avoid contacts.

If you aren't then I always switch between that typical demon red or just like completely jet black.

Also thanks for the complemtns on the art and costume v-v

I don't know why but the very first pokemon which came to my mind after reading this was Magnemite....^^

I've def thought about putting magnemite in it, or magneton because i've been suggested to do steel and electric, but i'm torn between Magnemite/Magneton and Klinklang because od the whole gears thing!