General Development

debugman18

@RCatta

inst.Transform:SetScale(scale_x, scale_y, scale_z)

But anyway, for those who've been following, the mystery format adopted by colour cubes was... *drums*... RGB.

This is the actual decompressed winter dusk colour cube:

mVBEhLo.png

Still, it doesn't give much of a clue on how to edit it.

• Like 2

@RCatta

inst.Transform:SetScale(scale_x, scale_y, scale_z)
But anyway, for those who've been following, the mystery format adopted by colour cubes was... *drums*... RGB.

This is the actual decompressed winter dusk colour cube:

mVBEhLo.png

Still, it doesn't give much of a clue on how to edit it.

That's really strange. I'm not sure what that actually does.

That's really strange. I'm not sure what that actually does.

Well, it defines a color filter of sorts. It's just hard to interpret that strip meaningfully. :razz:

It's very likely (certain, I'd say) that Klei doesn't produce those directly, but use some tool to generate them.

So, I was working on Winnie alot tonight, and I THINK it should work.  Thing is...my Don't Starve on Steam seems to be permanently ruined.  Which basically shuts me down completely as far as helping anymore on this mod goes.

I'll post my files so far, if anyone wants them.  See if they even work or not.

So, I was working on Winnie alot tonight, and I THINK it should work.  Thing is...my Don't Starve on Steam seems to be permanently ruined.  Which basically shuts me down completely as far as helping anymore on this mod goes.

I'll post my files so far, if anyone wants them.  See if they even work or not.

You might be able to fix that by going to your Steam library, right-clicking Don't Starve, choosing 'properties', going to the 'local files' tab, and clicking 'verify integrity.'

You might be able to fix that by going to your Steam library, right-clicking Don't Starve, choosing 'properties', going to the 'local files' tab, and clicking 'verify integrity.'

Thanks, but that didn't fix it.  It launches okay, but before the menu can even load it crashes.

i got it working, only to find I screwed up.  :chargrined:

Why are you always so cryptic? :razz:

I, for one, would like to know what's actually going on with Winnie. You know, just so we can keep it in our minds. And think about where she fits in, how we unlock her, etc. Especially as this is a collaberation.

Edited by ArcticFox789

Why are you always so cryptic? :razz:

I, for one, would like to know what's actually going on with Winnie. You know, just so we can keep it in our minds. And think about where she fits in, how we unlock her, etc. Especially as this is a collaberation.

Winnie was a sherpardess before she ended up on the Islands, but also had a dark past.  She made her way up to the cloud, but was stranded there.  She then decided to try and tame sheep.

To unlock her, there is a special setpiece.  I'm still thinking up the details.  Open to suggestions though!

• Like 1

Winnie was a sherpardess before she ended up on the Islands, but also had a dark past.  She made her way up to the cloud, but was stranded there.  She then decided to try and tame sheep.

To unlock her, there is a special setpiece.  I'm still thinking up the details.  Open to suggestions though!

I'm thinking of her being stuck on some roots or something and she's guarded by sheep. And there's a fence of sturdy vines forming a pen. When the static occurs the vines retreat and all the sheep inside turn into storm rams to make it difficult to free her.

• Like 5

Oh dear... an instrument?

Those don't like to play very nice with mods - it's doable, but Simplex had to write this big thing to fix the Ocarina.

Which, I mean, we could probably just hijack from the Link mod and tweak anyway - I'm just giving you a heads-up, here.

A flute's nice - I love flutes, personally - but the crook would be more... shepherd-y. In my opinion, anyway. =)

I don't know, maybe you're right.  Can we make it so that they follow her with the crook in hand?

EDIT

Also, she's a sherpardess, so maybe she should use a flute.  Couldn't we use the beefalo horn animation, but change the sound?  A flute and the horn are relatively similar.

Edited by Lord_Battal

I imagine it would be as simple as adding an "onequip" function that makes them follow, and then stop on "onunequip."

You could do that - but replacing the Pan Flute or Horn is a bit tricky - because there are only two instruments in the game before mods, it's sort of hard-coded to only check for those two possibilities.

Simplex wrote this big thing that makes it check if it was the mod item, but it's not as simple as just changing the texture, and telling it to use a different sound, unfortunately.