I think I'm too reckless for this game

Why can't I survive for more than 6 days. I have been starting this game over and over again. I've seen it all. Pigmen, buffalos, hounds, all sorts of birds, rabbits. I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see.

Just now I was a fraction of a second too late clicking on my fire pit, the darkness killed me...

This game can be really absolutely frustrating. I hate it. I wanna make a better science machine.

[Play game|Make new World|Get the f*ckin' grass again]

Oh how I feel you!! The thing is, on day 14-ish you will have a meat effigy, so just be careful until then... Have you also discovered flutes are ******* useless because monster-pigs will kill you before you can blow in it?

well for me, i stay by the beefalo make some farm and make sure to look at ur day clock.....u don't have to light ur fire at dusk but as Soon as the needle tick u can just fuel ur fire right away, it's all about ur positioning on the map.....if u know u r near spider nest..get away from it and if u are afraid of hound, then stay by the beefalo =) little thing will keep u alive, u just have to pay attention to ur surrounding

- - - Updated - - -

well for me, i stay by the beefalo make some farm and make sure to look at ur day clock.....u don't have to light ur fire at dusk but as Soon as the needle tick u can just fuel ur fire right away, it's all about ur positioning on the map.....if u know u r near spider nest..get away from it and if u are afraid of hound, then stay by the beefalo =) little thing will keep u alive, u just have to pay attention to ur surrounding

Here are some survival tips that could help you get through.

1. Always, ALWAYS carry a torch with you in your invent.

2. Make sure you have something to eat(Cooked food is preferred since you get health back too)

3. Don't f*ck with the Beefaloes or Tallbirds. Srsly, don't.

4. Make sure you set up your camp in a good spot which has handy access to all the resources you need. Also make sure you have some trees in sight in the night cause if you suddenly run low on logs, you can chop them. It is also a good idea to plant some pines in the visible area(visible refers to the area which is not dark in the night).

5. Have a logsuit of a baseball cap on you. The later is preferred to the former.

6. Make sure you have enough resources with you to build a small camp fire. Also it would not hurt to carry 2 or 3 pieces of charcoal with you in your bag.

7. Try getting your hand on an Amulet since it protects you from death.

8. Dont build too many pig shelters in your camp, let them be far away from you

9. Normal weapons are good for attacking creatures like hounds but you really would like to have a spear lying in your camp side at all times since you are prone to getting attacked by hounds.

10. Having pigmen friends is fun since they help you with trees and attacking the targets you want but you really dont want them to come sleepby your fire. Due to the warehog factor.

and then the most important rule is :

DONT STARVE oh and DONT GET GREEDY OVER ANYTHING. If you think your armor might not keep up when fighting that swamp monster, just back off when you can. This is a game where you SURVIVE not kill stuff or collect the most resources

Well I guess if you keep this in mind, you'll survive better.

Edited by Aerow

Here are some survival tips that could help you get through.

1. Always, ALWAYS carry a torch with you in your invent.

2. Make sure you have something to eat(Cooked food is preferred since you get health back too)

etc...

Thanks a lot! This will keep me more focused.... Man, seeing these screenshots full of chests, machines, farms and top hats make me really want to become better in this game.

I will deliver that screenshot one day. Giving my word right now.

I thought Magnolia was a girly name too, but then i thought what if its a guy and hes all insulted coz i think his name sounds feminine? :p

Mayb ive done a really good job advertising the game without even knowing it, sounds plausible right? Right? Yeah didnt think so either ;) I have no idea but i do know we dutch are usually a talkative bunch that for some reason LOVE meeting other dutch ppl. Ive never seen americans act that way, but then again the city of new york has as many inhabitants as our entire country. Perhaps the rarity of the occurrance makes it stand out more?

• Like 1

4. Make sure you set up your camp in a good spot which has handy access to all the resources you need. Also make sure you have some trees in sight in the night cause if you suddenly run low on logs, you can chop them. It is also a good idea to plant some pines in the visible area(visible refers to the area which is not dark in the night).

Remember pine cones can also be used as fuel at an established firepit. I use cones for all my fire pits and have +20 on me at all times. This saves wood in the long run and gives you a way to stop Pine Guardian if he comes after you. Just start planting like mad!

I thought Magnolia was a girly name too, but then i thought what if its a guy and hes all insulted coz i think his name sounds feminine? :p

LOL I'm a guy... Yeah, just recently watched Paul Thomas Anderson's masterpiece and couldn't come up with something else. And no, I'm not that easily insulted 8-)

I was already wondering... Why I got so much attention out here... Well, that's over now, nothing to be seen here, just another guy playing videogames. Please carry on.

LOL I'm a guy... Yeah, just recently watched Paul Thomas Anderson's masterpiece and couldn't come up with something else. And no, I'm not that easily insulted 8-)

I was already wondering... Why I got so much attention out here... Well, that's over now, nothing to be seen here, just another guy playing videogames. Please carry on.

Its not coz were nice ppl that have a pretty awesome community here currently ^_^, noo it was coz ur name ends with an a. LOL

Yeah, no this forum is a nice change of pace of all the forums im usually on, talking about far more competitive games. Ur called noob and baddie all the time, by ppl that are usually decisively worse at the game than u are. Ur a hacker, a cheater a no lifer, and u know the usual foulmouthed 12 year old stuff im not gonna repeat here. Thankfully this game isnt competitive, but it has an awesome atmosphere and huge entertainment value. The people on these forums are generally always willing to help, give tips, discuss stuff and give their input on suggestions. And the devs are really involved thusfar, which is awesome. Im pretty sure ur gonna have a great time here.

Its not coz were nice ppl that have a pretty awesome community here currently ^_^, noo it was coz ur name ends with an a. LOL

Yeah, no this forum is a nice change of pace of all the forums im usually on, talking about far more competitive games. Ur called noob and baddie all the time, by ppl that are usually decisively worse at the game than u are. Ur a hacker, a cheater a no lifer, and u know the usual foulmouthed 12 year old stuff im not gonna repeat here. Thankfully this game isnt competitive, but it has an awesome atmosphere and huge entertainment value. The people on these forums are generally always willing to help, give tips, discuss stuff and give their input on suggestions. And the devs are really involved thusfar, which is awesome. Im pretty sure ur gonna have a great time here.

Already having a great time...! And made it to day 14, thanks to Aerow - and I totally agree: the nature of this game, the pace, the humour, and the developers being involved are all adding to the succes of this game. I am actively telling how great this game is to all my friends. I've just read the road map and even greater things are about to happen.

I think KLEI entertainment could become a big one, Mojang style...