Red Gem?

It really didnt need a tweak tho. I mean they are quite rare arnt they?

No, before today's hotfix, Red Gems were a 100% drop from Fire Hounds. Now it's some random chance from Fire Hounds. Considering each Gem amounts to a 1-up in a Permadeath game, they're stupidly valuable and probably shouldn't be dropping quite so much. I think I got 4 of them in 30 in-game days before the drop rate was lowered.

No, before today's hotfix, Red Gems were a 100% drop from Fire Hounds. Now it's some random chance from Fire Hounds. Considering each Gem amounts to a 1-up in a Permadeath game, they're stupidly valuable and probably shouldn't be dropping quite so much. I think I got 4 of them in 30 in-game days before the drop rate was lowered.

I meant that since firehounds were rare, why not make it a 100% chance to be dropable.

They aren't dangerous enough to be 100% drop rate. Although in my opinion the amulet are overrated, whatever killed you is still standing over your corpse and you're going to be revived right there moments later. That plus you can't wear a logsuit with it means you either have to reflexively wear it right before death or keep it on all the time and lack the protection a logsuit would give in the first place.

They aren't dangerous enough to be 100% drop rate. Although in my opinion the amulet are overrated, whatever killed you is still standing over your corpse and you're going to be revived right there moments later. That plus you can't wear a logsuit with it means you either have to reflexively wear it right before death or keep it on all the time and lack the protection a logsuit would give in the first place.

Altho this is true, u still have the new helmet that was added this patch: the football helmet. This one works just like a logsuit and can be worn in combination with the gem. Personally i crafted 1 and keep it in a chest. Not planning on using it. Besides i always have my effigees.

Altho this is true, u still have the new helmet that was added this patch: the football helmet. This one works just like a logsuit and can be worn in combination with the gem.

I know but the logsuit + football combo works more effectively than football + amulet imo. That said I no longer use log suits at all because of the 16 grass requirement. My only point was that people seem to think the amulets are bloody fantastic when they aren't.

Well, fantastic or not, they are the equivalent of Wilson's sphinxes (more or less) and many requested a use for them... what I was wondering is how many of these things are we supposed to carry/have, is the rarity of this item correct enough? Bare in mind that every red hound dropped a red gem.... After several attacks I have around 4 gems (too much, personally thinking)

I can defeat a pack of 4 hounds in under 20 seconds with a logsuit on (that includes a fire hound in the pack) ending up with still above half health and over 50% of my logsuit left, and a red gem which is essentially a free life, so no they are not very dangerous! To me, the nerf was needed! Also, every time I am attacked by a pack of hounds, one of them seems to be a fire hound. I don't know whether this is just my luck (but I seem to be attacked by them quite frequently), which means I now have a healthy stack of 7 red gems. Feeding some meat to the pig king to gain the required gold, this essentially gives me an extra 7 free lives in a permadeath game. Yes, the nerf was needed.