is anyone else getting killed specifically on the 7th day by a hairy pig thing?

I'm setting up a base camp on the first island and always on the 7th day a black and brown hairy pig like creature barges in and starts chasing me endlessly around without stop, I try to kill it by the hit and run method like I do with the spiders, but it never works. I've played 4 times and every time it comes and kills me. is this happening to anyone else? because it's really getting annoying every time I get myself situated and wham, dead. I understand the game isn't supposed to be easy on you, I do, but how do you kill or get away from something like that?

Those are werepigs. The normal pigmen turn into them on full moons. You'll want to avoid making camp near pigmen villages until you're settled in and have enough weapons and supplies to defend yourself against them.

That would be a werepig I think. ^^

Along the left side of the clock, when it turns night, it shows the phases of the moon. When you see it getting close to a full moon, make sure you stay away from any pig villages.

If you ended up being very unlucky with your world generation (lots of lone pig houses, hard to make a base without going extremely far), you could try generating a new world.

Hope I helped. <3

Edit: I type so slowly, sorry for repeating what Syd said. XD

I've looked into werepigs and they look similar, but different. this creature is on all fours and will just not stop, I get away from it and a few moments later it's right back on me. also, this was during the day, not the night, so would't they transform back during the day? that's what threw me off the idea of a werepig, it doesn't make sense.

You're going to get hounds regardless, so making a new world wouldn't help when it comes to that.

You will keep your unlocks and research points, so if you still want to make a new world, there's not much to lose.

My advice is to find the pigmen villages or beefalo fields so you know where to run if hounds catch you with your pants down. Otherwise, try your best to get some weapons and defenses (log suit, spear, stuff like that) before you reach the point when hounds start spawning.

the ware pigs you can kill them very easy now put them to sleep with the flute or the sleep dart then go for the eyes lol or just put mines down now lol or get them to follow you i the mosh and there carefully lure them so that a tentacle hits one and they all gang the tentacle and they kill eatchother lol win win

I just got attacked by two hounds at night on day six, halfway through getting a fire ready for the night. What I've figured out is that when they pause to attack, you can stop running and try to attack them to get one hit in before you have to keep running, sort of like with beefalo but a bit easier.

Also when hounds are coming you get a new sound (kind of a growling/huffing) for about 15 seconds before they reach you.

If you drop some meat on the ground it will distract the hound for a few seconds allowing you to run up and attack it.

I drop 4-5 pieces on the ground nearby me to ensure that all hounds that show up should be distracted.

It only takes a few hits to kill each one.

the ware pigs you can kill them very easy now put them to sleep with the flute or the sleep dart then go for the eyes lol or just put mines down now lol or get them to follow you i the mosh and there carefully lure them so that a tentacle hits one and they all gang the tentacle and they kill eatchother lol win win

Somehow I doubt that he's going to have a Pan Flute on Day 7. Or Bee Mines. Really, early Hounds are best dealt with by spending some time to make a Log Suit (it's cheaper than ever with this update) and a Spear (also easy to craft, materials-wise). Wait for a hound to approach; when it tries to bite you, use WASD to take a couple steps away; as Soon as it's done biting, spam-click it to death with your Spear (it should only take 3 hits). Repeat until all Hounds are dead. The key is to get them to attack, then counter while they're recovering.