Don't Starve "Book"

So, I'm currently attempting to "refine" my ability to write. I say I'm decent when it comes to writing but I've never had someone actually skim through my book with a fine tooth comb and tell me that I suck at everything because I put a comma instead of a period. Since I've been playing don't starve for while, and this IS the don't starve forums, I'd like to start a don't starve story. There are a bunch of gaps to fill in the story line (Mainly because only two characters have stories, Maxwell and Wilson) that, while keeping a main plot could let imagination flow. I want your honest opinion on the story I'm about to create. Hate it? Let me know, and let me know why. Like it? Same thing.Prologue:You don't seem to understand who I am. I control this world, and everything in this world. Everything has been made by my hand. I gave birth to light, darkness, and the demented creatures that scurry around this demonized world. I made the trees, every pine needle and every cone. Every bird and every feather. I may have made everything, but I am not in control, not by a long shot. I am trapped by them. For what seems like millions of years, I have been strapped to this throne of thorns and that damn music has been playing non-stop. I can only leave this throne for breif periods of time, to speak with the people I have tricked to do my bidding. Hundreds of out casts, one by one, all tricked by me to come into this hell world. They bit the dust within days.I just recently realized what I have to do. I need to bring in multiple people, which I have already done. all five of them are passed out, scattered around that small forest. The scientist was the easiest one to trick. So hungry for power and knowledge. I spoke to him though a strange sound emmiting device. I traded him knowledge on one condition, make a structure. Little did he know, the structure brought him here. He's the smartest out of the five, but he's a damn fool.The next one I tricked was a pyromaniac. When she was young, she played with fire a burned her house down on accident. Killed her mother, farther, and her baby sister. She was outcasted and said to be a bringer of death. For years she was hated, until this day. I contacted her at her weakest position, about ready to end it all. All she had was the flame, and even that was about to go out. I appeared for a quick chat and told her about powers that I could grant her. It didn't take much, I just gave her the power to create flames in darkness. The fire in her blood made her skin unburnable, completely fire proof. Only one condition. After a week of trying out her powers, she had to come with me. She burned down the houses of everyone who hated her, and then told me she was ready.Then there's that brute fool. A circus strong man, quite the body builder. His circus was becoming less and less popular. People in the circus were starving, including him. I contacted him in the winter, when his body was half of what it was when people cared about his circus. I told him I'd grant his strength, and make his circus popular, if her came with me. He gladly accepted, and now his circus is the most popular in his homeland, and he's strong as before, but now he's under the wrath of the land.The next one was a small girl, no more than fourteen. Her sister passed away recently and I contacted her while she was in mourning, I'm not poud of it. She was on her way to visit her sister in the grave. I reached out to her before it happened, and told her about my powers. She didn't believe me, which is understandable. I took the small wilted flower from her hand and made gave it life. I told her I could give life to her sister as well, as long as she comes with me. Her face filled with joy when she hear that I can give life to her passed sister. I told her that I'd be back, and told her to enjoy her new gift. Her sister visited her in ghost form, not at all what she was expecting. When I came back, she called me all sorts of names that I've grown to accept, but a deal is a deal, and I made her come with me. I felt bad about all of it, so I let her sister come to this demonic world with her.And lastly was that insane mime. The idiot was horrible. His parents were murdered and he became a recluse, devoting himself to silence. He became a mime, and painted his face. He was homeless, and he relied on miming for spare change to eat. I saw him in his state and called out to him. I told him that I can make him the best mime in the world. He nodded in excitement. I made the make up on his face permanent and made him a mute, unable to speak, even if he wanted to. Then I did the same to him like everyone else, I made him come into my world of creatures and death.These five people are my last hope. I demand freedom, I can't handle this any longer. These five need to band togeather to survive, and to free me. If they do not band togeather and free me from this hell, I don't know what I'd do... I can't try this again, every time I leave to get more people, it causes intense pain. Putting all of this togeather was near impossible, and next time it will be harder and it will cause more pain. Every time I go out, it feels like I'm dying, but death does not come, it never comes unless these five outcasts free me from my eternal prison.It apears that they are awaking from their slumber. It will hurt to much to greet them each individually, I must wait for them to come togeather to reveal myself. Until them, I need to rest. This throne brings pain, but sleep numbs it away...Chapter One: DaylightWilson's eyes slowly cracked open when the sunlight his his face. Drool dripped from his mouth when he opened it. He rolled over on his stomach and pushed himself up onto his hands and knees. He slowly stood and put his hand on his lower back. "Good lord, my back hurts." He said and then rubbed the spot where his back was in pain. He put both hands on his lower back and pushed. His back popped, which made it feal slightly better.He stood there, looking around at the hundreds of pine trees and the small rocks on the ground. A small demented rabbit scurried under his feet, which made him jump back and fall, landing on his arse. When he saw the rabbit it clicked. He had no idea where he was. This sure as hell wasn't the normal world, not by a long shot, but where exactly was he?He back up and walked over to one of the small rocks on the green, lush grass. Wilson bent over and picked the small grey rock up. A jagged piece cut open his index finger, making a few drops of blood drip down his finger and fall onto the grass below. Wilson put his figer in his mouth and sucked on the cut, and then examined the rock. "It's flint." He thought to himself. He stuck the rock in his pocket and looked around. Trees. Nothing but pine trees were around him. Since there was no difference in direction, he just picked a random direction and began to walk.Something was off about the trees, nothing appearent, but something just felt, different. Wilson pulled his finger out of his mouth to see that the bleeding had stopped. As he walked deeper into the forest, he began to notice various plants. The tips of carrots poked out of the ground, roses and tulips painted the boring green ground, a few bushes grew around with ripe red berries growing all around it, saplings were scattered around the forest floor and large, lighter bundles of grass scattered the normal grass. This world looked normal, besides that crazy rabbit, but something felt off about the whole thing. Wilson pulled the lump of flint out of his pocket and examined it as he walked around the forest. The rock was sharp, pointy, and strong. The dark grey color of the rock and the bright red of his blood on a small jagged edge blended perfectly. Wilson set it back in his pockets and continued to walk. After minutes of walking around the forest, he heard something unusual. Something besides the normal bird chirps and the waving of grass. Wilson stopped dead in his tracks and listened for the sound, trying to decide what it was. It sounded like a voice, and the crackling of fire. Wilson swallowed hard and peeked through a near by berry bush. He spread the leaves apart and nearly instantly, an explosion of feathers and loud gobbling sounds came from the bush. A large turkey like bird ran away fast, creating loud noises with every step. Wilson shot back and fell on his rear again. He followed the turkey with his eyes. It clicked in his mind that he was supposed to be quiet."Well, that's not good..." Wilson said out loud and then looked back at the bush.The bush was nothing but a pile of ash and black round balls, which were the berries. Standing in the ash was a woman with a small ball of fire in her hand. She slowly walked over to Wilson and grabbed him by the coller with the hand not painted with flames, hoisting him up so she can look him in his eyes. Her pupils were non-existant, the only thing that was there was a flame. She put her hand covered in fire on Wilson's neck, slowly burning him."Who are you!?" She asked, tighting her grip."Why should I tell you?" Wilson asked."Because, I have your neck in my hand, and I can make it a lot hotter than that..." She said. The flame in her eyes grew and the heat became more intense.Wilson swallowed hard and then slowly opened his mouth."W-Wilson Percival Higgsbury; Please don't hurt me!" Wilson said, withering.The woman looked at him in the eyes, and loosened her grip. Her pupils returned to normal and the flame in her hand became nothing. She threw Wilson to the ground, not taking off her gaze."Why are you here, Percival?" She asked and stared at him in the eyes.Wilson thought for a second, and then looked back at the woman. "I honestly have no idea. I was working on an experiment that went wrong. It was a portal of some sort that a voice through a radio told me to build. He granted me the knowledge to do so..." Wilson said and continued to think about what happened that day."'Granted' you knowledge? Who?" She asked, staring Wilson in the eyes."No idea... I just heard his voice through a radio." Wilson said as he stood up and dusted his pants off."What did he sound like?" She asked again."Uh, he had a deep voice. Actually quite calming." Wilson said and picked up the flint rock that fell out of his pocked when the woman picked him up."Yeah... And he just 'Granted' you knowledge, without teaching you anything?" She asked yet again."Um... Yeah I guess so. I just felt my self become instantly smarter, he didn't really teach me anything, I just made a deal with him and POOF, I know more than I did a second ago." Wilson said and then paused. "Why?" He continued."Because, you and I are similar, too similar to be a coincidence..." She said and finally took her gaze off of Wilson."What does that mean?" Wilson asked."It means that bastard tricked us..." She said, turned around and began to walk off.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And that is where I am going to stop for now because it is 5 in the morning and all I had to eat/drink in the last couple hours was a large cup of coffee, so I am going to go to sleep. Let me know what you think so far.

Edited by Shadss

"Wait, you said our cases were similar, why are you here?" Wilson asked and followed the woman.She sighed, closed her eyes and then told Wilson why she was here. "I guess you can say I made a deal with the devil. He granted me powers, which you were in contact with just a moment ago. In return, I had to follow him into this world. He opened a split in reality with his bare hands... A portal, you can say. I walked in and then I woke up here..." She said and then continued to walk."That is strange..." Wilson said and then paused for a moment. "Who are you, anyway?" He asked and continued to follow the woman as she walked deeper into the lush, green forest.She stopped and turned around to look Wilson in the eye. "My... My name is Willow, but no one has called me that in years..." She stopped and remembered all the hatred she was given."People had not addressed me by my name since the accident. Everyone called me a 'bringer of death' for what I did..." She said. He pupils became fire, yet again. Anger filled her mind."What did you do to cause that much hatred?" Wilson asked."I burned down my house while playing in a fire when I was little. The house was made of wood and straw, it was engulfed in flames within minutes. I was the only survivor in the blaze... I can still hear the screaming pain of my family as they burned..." A tear rolled down her cheeck and then evaporated."Ever since that day I've questioned my sanity, and so did other people. They threw rocks and sticks at me for what I did, a daily routine. I couldn't take it anymore... I was so close to ending my own life; and then he came. He gave me these powers of flame...In a way he saved my life." The woman continued."What did you do with your powers?" Wilson asked, pondering her sanity as well."I burned them all. I lit them to blaze, to make them feel what I had to deal with for years. I enjoyed it, watching them burn into ash and charcoal. For the first time in what seemed like forever, I was happy. I let out a laugh as I heard there cries for help. It's all I wanted to do, to make them feel what I had to feel for years." She said, turned around and continued to walk.When she finished her story, Wilson was sure her sanity was not in mint condition, but at the same time, he somewhat understood why she did it. He followed Willow deeper into the forest in silence, examining her and his surroundings. The large pine trees swayed in the wind slowly. Butterflies and bees circled the flowers, landing for a brief second and then moving to a different flower. The demented rabbits scurried around the grass and then returned to their small holes. It was actually quite peaceful.They walked for minutes in silence, with only the chirping of birds and the sound of wind to fill the void of noise. As they walked, the forest began to change. The grass became darker and the forest trees began to spread out, slowly leading to a feild. The two began to walk slower, looking at all of the changes. There were very few flowers and animals. There were almost no rabbits to be seen; not even birds came down to pick up the random seed scattered around the forest floor. It was so quiet in this part of the forest. No birds were chirping, the sounds of the rabbits were unheard of; not even the wind made noise. The only sound was the sound of Wilson and Willow's foot steps on the grass. The silence was broken by the sounds of two voices. One voice was soft and coming from a woman, possibly a child. The other voice boomed like thunder and was coming from a man. The sounds were coming from behind Wilson and Willow. The two stopped dead in there tracks and turned around. Then didn't move or flinch, they just stood there staring in the direction where the voices were coming from. The voices became louder and louder with every step the two people took. Their footsteps began to make noise as well, but instead of two pairs of footsteps, there was three, all moving in Willow and Wilson's direction.In less than a minute the three came into veiw. A little girl with bleach blonde hair, a muscular man, at least six feet tall, and a small man with white makeup on his face. The three noticed Willow and Wilson and stopped their conversation instantly. The two groups stood there, staring at eachother, not moving. Wilson swallowed hard and then stepped forward. He opended his mouth to speak."Uh... Hi." Wilson said and faked a smile. A bead of sweat dripped from his forehead.The muscular man stepped forward."Hello, tiny man. I is Wolfgang! Who is you?" The man asked, his voice seemed like it could cause an earthquake."Well he seems friendly enough..." Wilson said to himself. "I am Wilson Percival Huggsbury. Who is with you?" Wilson shouted.The man named Wolfgang looked at the small girl and the man with make up on his face. He looked back at Wilson."I don't know names, but they good persons!" Wolfgang shouted back at Wilson with his earth shattering voice."Is that so?" Wilson said to himself. "Can we speak to these people?" Wilson asked."Yes! Let us all know eachother!" Wolfgang shouted and motioned Wilson and Willow to come over.Willow and Wilson slowly walked over to the other group. The two reached the other group and looked at the three. Wilson looked at the blonde girl. She was a little shorter than him, so he had to look down to look her in the eyes."What is your name?" Wilson asked in a soft voice.She looked up at Wilson with a dark stare. Her look was cold and soulless."I'm... I'm Wendy..." She said and then looked down at the grass.Wilson looked back up and then to the man with make up on. He was roughly his same height, so he could look him in the eye without tilting his head."And you are?" Wilson asked, his voice returning to normal.The man with make up opened his mouth and attempted to speak, but nothing came out. He closed his mouth and thought for a second. He held up his hand and drew in the air with his index finger the letters W, E, and S."Wes, is it?" Wilson asked again to confirm.The man smiled and nodded, confirming his name. Wilson backed away from the group of three."Well, in case you did not hear, I am Wilson, and this is Willow." He stated."I am glad you've all met eachother." A strange deep voice came from behind. Everyone turned around to see a tall, slender man in a tuxedo. His hair was jet back, shiny and slicked back. He had both his hands behind his back and was smiling, showing his perfect white teeth. Willow's eyes lit on fire, and her hands wer engulfed in the blaze. She was obviously angry,"YOU BASTARD, YOU TRICKED US!" She souted and then charged at the man.He looked over at the girl on fire, charging at him. He raised a single finger and pushed her back without touching her. She flew back and hit a tree, lighting it on fire."Yes, I did trick you. You five were foolish enough to fall for my tricks." He said and looked over at the group."Maybe you were tricked because of your hunger for knowledge and power..." He glared at Wilson."Or maybe you were tricked because you miss a loved one..." He looked over at Wendy."Maybe, maybe you unwillingly chose to sacrifice yourself for the benefits of others." He glanced at Wolfgang."Whatever the reason, it doesn't matter anymore. You are trapped here. If you want to escape with your lives, you must band togeather and think things out. Get a fire going, before my pet Charlie decides to have a little snack. Build a shelter to sheild yourself from rain. Get food, winter is coming, and there isn't much of that when the snow begins to fall." The man said. He then turned around and ripped open a small portal to a land full of shadows."Oh, and one more thing..." He said and then turned around again. "Don't starve..." He said while laughing. He walked into the portal and then the portal shut, but the laughing lingered for a moment after he was gone.Wilson walked over and helped Willow up. The fire was gone and all that was left was ash. Willow leaned on Wilson to stabliize herself so she didn't fall again. Wilson looked over to where the portal was."Man, I hate that guy." Wilson stated.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------That's the end of chapter 1, I thank you all for your positive comments!

Edited by Shadss

Chapter Two: Sunset.

Wilson helped Willow walk over to a near by pine tree. He leaned her against the bark, back first. She had both her hands on her ribs, where the pain was. Willow slowly slid down the bark and sat the base of the tree. Wilson turned around to face the rest of the group.

"What now?" Wolfgang asked.

"Well, I say we take that guy's advice. Not starving sounds like a good plan, if you ask me. I saw some bushes with ripe berries on them, and there are plenty of carrots around." Wilson said. He paused and then looked at Willow, then back at the group.

"I can go and try to find them if you look after Willow." Wilson continued.

"I can look after her..." The little blonde girl said in a soft, unemotional voice.

"Alright then, it looks like I'm off." Wilson said and then began to walk in the direction of the lush forest.

Wilson quickly reached the flourishing forest and the animal life quickly made itself noticeable. The birds were back to chirping and there were many rabbits jumping around. Wilson walked around the forest, food was abundant in this part of the forest. Berry bushes were growing everywhere and the tips of carrots dotted the green grass, making them easy to find. Wilson turned to the first berry bush he saw and began to walk in that direction. He reached the bush and kneeled down, the berries were a beautiful shade of red and were all over the bush.

Willson plucked one off the bush and popped it in his mouth. He crushed the berry on the top of his mouth with his tounge, letting the juices coat the inside of his mouth and slowly drip down his throat. The juice was sweet, and so was the skin of the berry. Wilson started to pluck more and more berries off of the bush, throwing each one in his mouth. Within minutes, the bush was bare. Wilson looked hard for more berries on the bush, but none were found.

"Whoops." He chuckled. "Looks like it's time to move on to the next one."

Wilson got back on to his feet and walked to another near by berry bush. He controlled his urges to eat every one of the flavorful, red berries and instead started putting each berry in one of his pockets. Wilson left this bush bare as well. He stood up, and then walked to the next bush, collecting each berry off if it and stuffing it his pocket. He repeated this multiple times until his pocket was full, popping berries into his mouth every now and then as he collected. After he was finished, he stood up and began to walk back to the group, until he noticed something on the ground. Poking out of the ground was a carrot tip.

"I wonder if those taste good..." He said to himself as he knelt down.

Wilson grabbed the top of the carrot and plucket it out of the ground with one clean pull. He wiped off some of the dirt off of the carrot, making it show more of it's color. He set the carrot in his mouth and bit down. The carrot made a beautiful cracking noise that seemed to echo out through all of the forest, proving that it was fresh. Wilson began to chew the bit of carrot in his mouth, creating a cracking noise with every bite down. He bit the rest of the carrot off, leaving only the green top of it in his hand. He threw it down on the ground and began to collect the carrots.

Wilson plucked each carrot out with ease, making his pockets easy to fill with the delicious orange vegetables. He filled two of his pockets with the bright orange carrots to the point of the pockets almost bursting open. Wilson began to walk group, satisfied with what he had in his pockets. As Wilson walked to the group, he stopped yet again. A large shiny rock was on the floor. He crouched down and picked it up. He looked into it.

"Flint..." He said to himself. "We might have a use for this, somehow." He continued. H

Wilson stuffed the flint in his pocket and began to collect it as he walked back to the group. The walk back took slightly longer than the walk to the forest, only because he was stopping along the way to pick up the large rocks of flint. When he got back to the group it was a slightly better sight than when he left. Wes was in the back juggling pine cones to entertain the rest of the group. Wolfgang looked over and saw Wilson.

"Hello tiny man! Look, tinier man is doing trick!" Wolfgang said, pointing at Wes.

"It is actually quite amusing..." Wendy said, tending to Willow who now had a crown of flowers on her head.

"Back in days of circus, good friend Luke would do same trick." Wolfgang stated, while admiring Wes' trick.

Wilson walked over to Wendy and Willow. Willow was still sitting at the base of the tree, but she was unconscious.

"What's wrong with her?" Wilson asked Wendy.

"Oh, nothing is wrong with her. She decided to sleep to help numb the pain. I looked at her wound, no cuts or anthing. She'll be fine with enough rest." Wendy said in responce to Wilson.

"And what's that thing on her head?" Wilson asked while pointing at the crown of flowers on her head.

"Oh that? That's a garland, silly. It's supposed to calm the nerves. My sister Abigal taught me how to make them..." Wendy said and then paused. "I can make one for you, if you'd like!" She continued, shaking the thoughts of her sister from her mind.

Wilson, not being rude, responded with a simple "Sure". He then got up and walked over to Wolfgang, who was sitting down on the grass still watching Wes juggle the three pinecones.

"Hey," Wilson said and tapped Wolfgang on the shoulder.

"Ahh! Tiny man, have you come to watch tinier man's trick?" Wolfgang asked.

"No, actually I need to ask you a question." Wilson stated.

"Ask question, then, comrade!" Wolfgang responded and stood up.

"Do you know how to start a fire, Wolfgang?" Wilson asked, taking out the flint rocks from his pockets.

"Yes, but fire girl is better." Wolfgang said, pointing at Willow's sleeping body.

"I assume so, but she is... Well... Asleep. Could you do it?" Wilson asked, holding out the pile of flint rocks.

"Wolfgang can do anything!" Wolfgang shouted and took the rocks.

Wolfgang set the rocks in a small pile on the grass. He walked around, plucking the large bundles of grass from the ground and throwing them in a pile over the rocks. Wolfgang then walked up to the tree that Willow was lying against. He broke off some of the branches and threw them on the pile as well. He then walked over to the pile and got on his knees, organizing the materials. Wolfgang made an X with the branches and then placed the grass over the branches in a small bowl-like shape. He picked up a flint rock in each hand and struck them togeather, creating a wave of sparks. It took multiple tries, but the sparks finally caught in the bowl.

Wolfgang lowered his face to the sparks and blew, making the sparks spread and increase in size. He waved his hands on the sparks, making them glow bright and redhot. The pile of dried grass began to catch fire, creating smoke. The fire spread and lit the braches on fire as well. When Wolfgang was finished with the fire, the sun was setting, painting the ground a golden orange.

"I make fire!" Wolfgang shouted

"Ha, good job Wolfgang." Wilson said, chuckling.

"Thank you, tiny man!" Wolfgang stated.

Wolfgang walked over to Wes and sat down in front of him.

"Tinier man, do trick!" He shouted.

Wes gladly nodded and began to juggle the three pine cones. Wilson walked over and sat next to Wolfgang to watch Wes' juggling. After minutes of the trick, the sun began to set more, making it darker.

"Tiny man, go throw more tree on fire." Wolfgang said, looking at Wilson.

Wilson nodded and then stood up. He walked over to the fire. He threw the last branch on the fire and then headed out to look for more wood. He began to walk away from the fire in the opposite direction of where he got the food, which was still in his pockets. He walked for a good five minutes without finding a single tree with a branch strong enough for him to break, and low enough for him to reach. Noticing the sun was setting fast, he started picking off the twigs from the saplings scattered around the forest. Wilson kept going farther and farther, picking up twig after twig; until he saw it.

A giant pile of spider silk, covered in eggs. Spiders wandered around the pile of silk and eggs. The spiders were at least the size of Wilson's head, and jet black, with bright red and white eyes. Wilsons heart nearly jumped out of his chest when he saw this, he always was afraid of spiders. He had to cover his mouth with his hand not holding the twigs to keep himself from screaming. He slowly backed up, and when he was a suitable distance from the nest, turned around and sprinted back to the group. He ran as fast as he could, adrenaline rushing through his veins. He ran and ran until he saw the light of the fire. When Wilson reached the group, he stopped dead in his tracks and caught his breath, inhaling and exhaling fast. He dropped the pile of sticks at his feet and sat down, fear in his eyes.

"What is wrong, tiny man?" Wolfgang asked, looking at Wilson.

"S-Spiders... The- They're everywhere back there..." Wilson stuttered...

"Spiders? Pah, I crush spider with foot!" Wolfgang said, pointing to his foot.

"No Wolfgang, you don't... These spiders were huge! As big as your head!" Wilson said, almost shouting.

"Oh... That is big spider..." Wolfgang said.

Wendy walked up to Wilson who was still sitting. She reached out her hand with the flower crown in her palm.

"Here, I finished your crown... It looks like you need it now." She said in her soft voice.

Wilson took the crown from her hand slowly and set it on his head. "Th-thank you, Wendy." He said.

"You should get some rest, the sun is almost set anyway." Wendy stated.

"I... You're right, I should get a bit of sleep..." Wilson said and slowly began to lie down. He closed his eyes and tried to drift into a slumber, but it did not come easy. After minutes of trying to shake the thoughs of the overgrown spiders from his mind, his body finally allowed him to rest.

Wolfgang stepped over Wilson's sleeping body and tossed a couple twigs on the fire. He began to talk to himself and anyone who cared to listen.

"Tiny man is baby, he scared, of bug! Big bug; yes. But still bug!" Wolfgang said.

"Actually, Wolfgang, a spider is an arachnid, not a bug." Wendy said, correcting Wolfgang.

Wolfgang turned his head to look at Wendy in a confused way. "A-rack-need? Pah, bug is easy to say." He said while throwing more sticks onto the fire.

Wendy rolled her eyes and looked at the sun's final moments of this day. The sky was like a painting, mixtures of pinks, purples, blues, and oranges, all bleeding togeather as the sun set. It was truly a sight to see. Wolfgang lied down next to the fire, muttering something about bugs and 'A-rack-needs'. Wes lied down farther away from the fire, setting his juggling pine cones next to him as he ajusted his position of sleeping for more comfort. Wendy did not sleep often, but tonight was a night when sleep did come. She lied down the farthest away from the fire. Wendy closed her eyes and sleep began to slowly come.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sorry if this chapter is of less quality than the others, I wrote this half asleep :p.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

EDIT: Changed the name of the chapter. Sunset sounded better, as there wasn't really any darkness.

Edited by Shadss
  • Like 1

*Sigh* Looks like I got some explaining to do....Okay, first of, I apologize for the delay of chapter three, but it is coming, don't worry. My computer had a few problems with it, which is one of the reasons the next chapter is late. The other reason is that I had to rewrite the chapter three times. I wrote it once, didn't like how it was so I scraped it. I then wrote another chapter differently, but I lost the work because of my computer crashing (Which leads to it being fixed.) I now have to rewrite it again, so I'm not too happy about that. It will come, it will just take a bit. I apologize. Thanks for understanding-Shadss

*Sigh* Looks like I got some explaining to do....Okay, first of, I apologize for the delay of chapter three, but it is coming, don't worry. My computer had a few problems with it, which is one of the reasons the next chapter is late. The other reason is that I had to rewrite the chapter three times. I wrote it once, didn't like how it was so I scraped it. I then wrote another chapter differently, but I lost the work because of my computer crashing (Which leads to it being fixed.) I now have to rewrite it again, so I'm not too happy about that. It will come, it will just take a bit. I apologize. Thanks for understanding-Shadss

It's worth the wait for such a good read!

Okay, I'm half way done with chapter three. I'm currently spending the 4th at my fathers house where I don't have the save file of the story, so on Saturday/Sunday (No later than Monday.) when I get back to my computer which has the file, I'll finish up the chapter and publish it. Happy 4th everyone!-Shadss

Okay, I'm half way done with chapter three. I'm currently spending the 4th at my fathers house where I don't have the save file of the story, so on Saturday/Sunday (No later than Monday.) when I get back to my computer which has the file, I'll finish up the chapter and publish it. Happy 4th everyone!-Shadss

can't wait!:D

Just kidding. Here it is, finally.

Chapter 3: First Attempt

Wilson's eyes slowly opened to the sight of the beautiful morning sky and the bright golden sun, shining rays of light to the ground below. Wilson rolled over so his stomach faced the ground and pushed himself up. He looked over at the fire, which was now just a small pile of ash and charcoal. He sighed and walked over to the ashes. Wilson picked up one of the near by twigs and poked around in the ashes, looking around for a small flame to relight the fire. Nothing but small embers were left in the ashes.

Wilson sighed and wiped the sand from his eyes. The morning air was cold, and no one else was awake, which meant he had to restard the fire by himself. He picked up two of the near by flint rocks and piled some twigs over the ashes. The twigs dried overnight, making them able to catch fire without any grass.

"Let's see... How did Wolfgang do this?" Wilson asked himself and tried to remeber yesterday.

With a large amount of force, Wilson smacked the two rocks togeather. A shower of sparks fell from the two rocks and covered the twigs. The sparks quickly went out without catching flame to any of the twigs. Wilson smacked the rocks togeather again, and again, creating a shower of red hot sparks. The rocks created a loud noise each time they smashed togeather, which seemed to wake someone every couple of hits.

The first to wake was Wes, who woke up after three hits of the rocks. He really didn't pay much attention to Wilson and the fire. He just picked up his pinecones and began to juggle for fun. The next to wake was Wendy, after five rock hits. She slowly rose and walked over to Willow, to check up on her. After seven hits of the rocks, Wolfgang woke. Wolfgang seemed happy to wake up, and instantly began to have conversations with the group; not stopping to assist Wilson.

With ten strikes of the rock, each making a massive shower of sparks, the twigs caught flame. As fire grew, Willow began to rise, slowly opening her eyes. The flame seemed to excite her. She took off the crown of flowers and gave it to Wendy. Willow then stood up, not caring about her wounds, and trotted over to the fire. When Willow reached the fire, she just sat there, at the flames. Wilson gave a stunned look at Willow.

"Aren't you supposed to be resting?" He asked.

"Nah, I'm fine. It was just a scratch anyway." She said, not taking her eyes off of the fire.

Wilson rolled his eyes and muttered a quiet "Okay". Wolfgang approached Wilson and tapped on his shoulder.

"Tiny man, Wolfgang's belly is empty. Tiny man went out for food last day. Did you bring food?" Wolfgang asked, rubbing his stomach.

Wilson was confused at first, and then remembered the berries and carrots in his pockets. He looked down at the pockets carrying the carrots and took a couple carrots out of the pocket. He gave the carrots to Wolfgang, and then took a few more out of his pocket. Wilson started passing around carrots to everyone, each person getting three of the orange vegetables. The carrots still had their crunch and taste, even after the day they spent in Wilson's pocket.

Wilson finished his share of the food quickly and then walked over to the pile of flint and twigs. Wilson picked up one of the biggest branches in the pile and a flint rock. He then held them up and began to think.

"I wonder..." He said to himself as he stared at the materials he held in his hands.

Wilson set the branch on the grass at his feet, and got on his knees near the branch. He held the flint rock in both hands and raised them over the branch. Wilson brought the rock down on the branch with force, making the sharp end of the stone penetrate the stick. The end of the flint rock stuck out of the branch loosely, and began to wobble when it was touched. Wilson picked up another flint rock and hammered the end of the stone into the branch, making it more sturdy as it drilled deeper into the stick.

Wilson stood up and picked up the crude tool. A sense of pride entered his mind, the tool he made was excellent for a first attempt. He swung the tool around for a minute, just to get the feel of it. As he was swinging the crude tool around, the group began to take notice of what Wilson created.

One by one, the group began to look at the thing Wilson had made. Wilson stopped mid swing and looked up at the group, who stared at him with puzzled looks.

"What is that?" Wendy asked, pointing at the crude tool in Wilson's grasp.

"Well... It's a... Tool, I guess... I had in mind a hatchet when I was making it so, you could call it that..." Wilson said, looking down at the 'hatchet'.

Willow walked up to Wilson, chuckling, and stole the tool from his hands. She then turned around to examine the quality of the tool, still letting out small laughs.

"This is a pretty s**t hatchet, Percival." She chuckled, looking at the poor quality of the tool.

"It's a first attempt." Wilson said in a sturn voice as he walked up and stole the hatchet back. "And it's all we got..." He continued.

"Does tool work good?" Wolfgang asked and approached Wilson.

"I don't know, I haven't tried it out yet." Wilson said, looking down at the hatchet and then to a near by tree. "I could go try it out though..." He continued and marched up to the tree.

The pine tree was old, limp and appeared to be rotted slightly. Wilson raised the hatchet so the broad part of the head was facing in a downward motion to the tree. With one heavy swing, Wilson brought the hatchet down on the tree. A cloud of splinters exploded, and it wasn't from the tree. The handle of the hatchet shattered on impact and sent inch long splinters out in all directions, one hitting Wilson in the cheek.

Wilson was shot back, shocked by the explosion. He fell on his rear and clenched his face where the slpinter struck him. The group all ran up to Wilson and crowded around his body. He was lying there with his hands on the lower portion of his face.

"Are you alright?" Willow asked and held out a hand to pull Wilson up.

Wilson removed one hand from his cheeck and grabbed Willow's out streched hand. With Willow's help, he pulled himself up, still having one hand on the wound. When he was on his feet, he took off the hand that was on his cheek and then pinched the top of the splinter. He slowly yanked out the shrapnel of wood from his flesh, causing insane amounts of pain in his face. Tears of pain flooded his eyes and dripped down his cheek.

Halfway through pulling out the small spear from his face, he stopped; it was just causing too much pain to pull it out slowly. He then pinched the end harder and yanked the splinter out of his cheek, causing a few drops of blood to trickle down his face. Wilson wiped the blood off of his cheek, smearing the thick red liquid across his face.

After the splinter was out, Wilson didn't care much about the wound. The pain nearly gone after the wooden shrapnel was removed from his cheek. He walked over to where the handle and the head of the hatchet landed. He picked the two parts up and held them up to examine them. The head was in good shape but the branch was not in usable condition.

"Well, Mr. Inventor, looks like your tool didn't work out too well. The damn thing shattered and you were hit in the face with a splinter." Willow said with a smirk. "Now what?" She asked.

Wilson sighed.

"Back to the drawing board..."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ahh, bout' time that thing was done, am I right? Sorry for the delay guys. Also, If any other chapters are late and I don't say why, it's because TF2. Sniper all the way, baby!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Edited by Shadss

Not as good but... Hey! Two slaps woke up Wilson. The voice of a girl drifted to him "Hello? Hello!" "Bleegh" Wilson shook his head. The girl helped him to his feet. "Hi! my name is Wendy! What's yours? "Wilson, Where am I? "Do I know?" The girl was holding a blooming flower. She turned to Wilson. "Here!" she handed him an axe and a rucksack. "You've got to be careful in these parts! "Thanks!" He replied. Suddenly the girl started in a song, her voice drifted and wavered. "Hush, Hush, Death will find you, no matter what, You dooo. Hush Hush Heaven will welcome you" Wendy continued singing for a while longer, Lighting a fire whilst doing so. "What's up with the flower? Wilson asked "Oh? This?" "Yeah that flower" Wendy put her hand into her rucksack and pulled out a live rabbit. She planted the flower and put the rabbit down next to it. Suddenly The petals started dropping off the flower and a crack appeared in the ground. The Rabbit dropped dead. "AHHHHHHH" Wilson cried! A GHOST! "Hello Abigail!" If you like it I'll write more!

Not as good but... Hey! Two slaps woke up Wilson. The voice of a girl drifted to him "Hello? Hello!" "Bleegh" Wilson shook his head. The girl helped him to his feet. "Hi! my name is Wendy! What's yours? "Wilson, Where am I? "Do I know?" The girl was holding a blooming flower. She turned to Wilson. "Here!" she handed him an axe and a rucksack. "You've got to be careful in these parts! "Thanks!" He replied. Suddenly the girl started in a song, her voice drifted and wavered. "Hush, Hush, Death will find you, no matter what, You dooo. Hush Hush Heaven will welcome you" Wendy continued singing for a while longer, Lighting a fire whilst doing so. "What's up with the flower? Wilson asked "Oh? This?" "Yeah that flower" Wendy put her hand into her rucksack and pulled out a live rabbit. She planted the flower and put the rabbit down next to it. Suddenly The petals started dropping off the flower and a crack appeared in the ground. The Rabbit dropped dead. "AHHHHHHH" Wilson cried! A GHOST! "Hello Abigail!" If you like it I'll write more!

No offence dude but... Could you make your own thread for your own story please? I would appreciate it, Thanks.-Shadss