Same Or New World?

Hidden

I'm curious as to how other people play when they die. Do you guys tend to use the same world so you know where everything is? Or do you like to start a new world so everything's different?

I'm still fairly new to the game, I've unlocked Willow (granted I still play as Wilson in hopes of actually getting a meat effigy) but I've died many many times haha. I usually just create a new world to explore :)

Hidden

can't say it often enough, I like bridge worlds a lot more, because everything is a bit more complicate due to the extended traveltimes and because you sometimes are forced to take a long way to get to a specific resource, instead of just running in a straight line.

to the topic:

I always make a new world when I die, it's boring to be in a world you know where to find what, and I never cancel a world, even when it is one without bridges, though I don't like these worlds at all.

i.e., in my current world I have a piggy village sitting right infront of a bridge that leads to 70% of the rest of my map, so my basecamp gets separated every time they turn into werepigs, and I have to sit through this when I need certain resources, planning my trips, how much I need of what while always having an eye on the moonphase. a lot more fun imo, I actually MIGHT reroll this world when I die tbh.

Hidden

I like my starting map of many islands connected by bridges. Each island seems to have it's own ecosystem. One is a rocky place with tall birds, one is a forest full of graves, one is a swamp, one is a grassland full of beefalo. I see it as conquering one at a time, till I get them all. (^_^)

Hidden

I started up a new world after having both explored most of my old world and learned it doesn't totally make you start over. (Which is part of why I hadn't tried it, because i was afraid I'd lose all my research and whatnot.)

I do wish you could have more than one world running at a time though, even if it was just 3 worlds. My daughter wants to play and she is sharing my computer, and I'm afraid of getting far and then her getting me killed but I don't see the sense in having to buy a second copy for my computer just so she can play too.

Hidden
I started up a new world after having both explored most of my old world and learned it doesn't totally make you start over. (Which is part of why I hadn't tried it, because i was afraid I'd lose all my research and whatnot.)

I do wish you could have more than one world running at a time though, even if it was just 3 worlds. My daughter wants to play and she is sharing my computer, and I'm afraid of getting far and then her getting me killed but I don't see the sense in having to buy a second copy for my computer just so she can play too.

well, when you buy it on chrome, you get 4 games, when you buy it on steam, you still get 2, so if you bought it, no matter where, you should have at least one more version that your daughter could use to play.
Hidden
well, when you buy it on chrome, you get 4 games, when you buy it on steam, you still get 2, so if you bought it, no matter where, you should have at least one more version that your daughter could use to play.

I use steam, and we use the same computer. So I couldn't give her the other copy without trying to set up a second drive with a second steam account...

With minecraft she just has her own world on my account to play with. Much easier.

Hidden
I use steam, and we use the same computer. So I couldn't give her the other copy without trying to set up a second drive with a second steam account...

With minecraft she just has her own world on my account to play with. Much easier.

In the Steam version, if you are logged into separate accounts, the save games should be separate as well. Is this not the case?

Hidden

This is the best map I'd have so far.... I love the fact that it is all mixed together and different zones are perfectly situated...

Not a big fan of very separate islands (bridges), it doesn't add anything to the game, it just makes it worst. Hopefully they remove that very Soon.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542944284593491261/93A7F955AF436CBB54B6680D0681C9F0AC1F0B01/

Hidden
This is the best map I'd have so far.... I love the fact that it is all mixed together and different zones are perfectly situated...

Not a big fan of very separate islands (bridges), it doesn't add anything to the game, it just makes it worst. Hopefully they remove that very Soon.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542944284593491261/93A7F955AF436CBB54B6680D0681C9F0AC1F0B01/

I can't disagree more on that one. If you don't like bridges, it's fine, but there are people that prefer their islands seperated, because its far more challenging. Personally, I find islands without bridges dull and boring, yet I would never suggest to remove that, just because I don't like it. If anything, they should add a function so before you generate your world you can chose with or without bridges, but just removing the one or other feature would leave one side of the playerbase very unhappy.