So why IS Daywalker immune to every status?

This has been bugging me for a while now. But Daywalker is specifically one of the only enemies to be immune to like, almost every status.
He can't burn, he can't freeze, he can't even be put to sleep, what gives!

I can sorta understand if it's so his unique fighting patterns can't be interrupted, but it's been feeling awkwardly limiting lately.

What's it about this piggy that makes him so stubborn?
image.png.e05c6bb3cb059155e163640e332dc29d.png

• Like 9
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1

I can come up with a silly lore related reason, but your not going to like it.

Get this- He’s a Guinea Pig, meaning that others.. (most namely Charlie & Wagstaff) use him for their well uhh let’s just call it “Research” purposes.

He’s caught up In the middle of a War between two sides, at first we see him consumed by Nightmare Fuel, then we see him using Wagstaff stuff.

Im going to take a shot in the dark guess and say that Klei is leading up to explaining how “Robot Bugs” (or the sleeping Robotic Sentripedes from the (not so) Sealed Archives) And the Nightmare/Shadow stuff are connected to one another.

The Lore Reason would be a simple he’s too powerful (or too consumed rather..) by whatever’s going on with his body to be effected by Status effects.

UNLIKE AFW, who is old & has had that power flowing through them for enough time to stabilize itself out.

• Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1

Fuealweaver is also immune to everything if i remember but it seems that power of dreadstone can protect werepig from everything... except dark sword xD

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

it's a pretty common characteristic with nightmare-fuel infused creatures

seems like it's just things that consist almost entirely of nightmare fuel/pure horror, AG can sleep and get frozen, ig they just didn't want to add frozen and sleeping anims and i have no idea about fire

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

The thick coat of grease in his fur keeps him safe from fire and frostbite. Also prolly cuz he stays in muddy biome just generally mud layer on top to make'im like that.

Though fire magic should really work on that dang thing, I can't BBQ him as Willow and I'm sad.