Stackability Wishlist

(Items I want to be made stackable so we can store them in super chests)

Moonrock Idol
Shadow Atrium
Blueprints
Figure Sketches
Spark Arks (Maybe specifically charged ones so you dont have conflicts with a sentrypede orb going into a stack)
Bootleg Getaway
Guardian Horn
Deer Antlers
Unwarmed Larvae Eggs
Unwarmed Tallbird Eggs
Houndius Shootius (Item form)
Walking Cane

The last four are less needed but would be nice to have regardless.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

How about all items instead? Why do we need to choose specific items?

Well for some items it probably makes sense like them having durability or being stuff like boat kits

1 minute ago, Masked Koopa said:

Well for some items it probably makes sense like them having durability or being stuff like boat kits

idk what's the issue in case of boat kits and they could just exclude stuff that has durability

Out of all of these I could see it working for

• Moonrock Idol
  • Blueprints (of the same thing)
  • Figure Sketches (of the same sculpture)
  • Guardian Horn (it's a recolored Deerclops Eyeball, it should be stackable)
  • Deer Antlers (would love that personally)
  • Houndius Shootius (even when I craft them I rarely place them, so that would save me some space)
  • Bootleg Getaway - this one is strange, because it would be good to have in a stack on boat, but then Fish traded for that don't stack... Bootlegs are still something like Desert Stones, which stack though, so idk...

Shadow Atrium would be nice to be stackable, but it's a very important item... I think it's better it doesn't stack (you also don't list Telltale Hearts which don't stack either and are much inferior counterpart to Shadow Atrium. I would rather have those being stackable).

Spark Arks are strange... I thought they wouldn't get consumed while crafting similar to Wanda's Clockmaker's Tools. See, you should always craft the Spark Ark items with boss items (Thick Fur/Deerclops Eyeball). Ice Crystalizer should be switched on/off like a flingo, with Eyeball always there. It's super strange the whole Ark is consumed while crafting... Maybe just consume the Electric thing itself and leave the Ark empty?

Unwarmed Larvae Eggs as well as unwarmed Tallbird Eggs would just pop into single items like popcorn when left near heat source?

Walking Canes shoudln't be stackable just like all other tools. Just don't craft them and Tusks are stackable, problem solved.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sapientis said:

Shadow Atrium would be nice to be stackable, but it's a very important item... I think it's better it doesn't stack

They definitely need to be stackable, because they can be mass-farmed. Do you know the pain I had while managing the loot from 200+ Lv.3 shadow knights killed at a single new moon night?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

How about all items instead? Why do we need to choose specific items?

Because he is talking about general game not the infinite chest.

I quite didnt like the suggestion as a whole, but some parts I agree.

Example, guardian horn and tallbird eggs could be made stackable. (Deerclops eyeball wasnt stackable at some point and normal eggs do stack)

The rest of the items dont really need to be stackable that much, their use is good enough to compensate that you have to carry them separate. (My opinion)

And I also would suggest an item that can hold 32 or 64 sketches/blueprints.

This would be useful for late game mostly, bc when you kill a boss once, you use all blueprints, but when you kill it twice, now you have to use 2~5 inventory slots just to carry these items.

• Big Ups 1

8 hours ago, fpx007 said:

They definitely need to be stackable, because they can be mass-farmed. Do you know the pain I had while managing the loot from 200+ Lv.3 shadow knights killed at a single new moon night?

But that is your problem for exploiting them. Imagine asking for changes to be more confortable to ignore their content

I wont be against making some items atackeable inside of chests but there is a balance design when it comes to the player inventory and some items occupying an entire slot. Isnt the biggest challenge but is something that makes us make choices

3 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Imagine asking for changes to be more confortable to ignore their content

people don't want to do the fight because it isn't fun

7 minutes ago, grm9 said:

people don't want to do the fight because it isn't fun

They need a rework. Still that doesnt justify suggesting things to make more confortable ignoring them instead of suggesting ways to improve the fight.  Fighting more than one dumb tier3 rook is way funnier but that requires some imput..

You always ready to add nothing to a conversation 

13 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Still that doesnt justify suggesting things to make more confortable ignoring them instead of suggesting ways to improve the fight

it does, because making shadow atriums stackable requires writing 1 line of code, while reworking shadow pieces requires more lines of code

Fighting more than one dumb tier3 rook is way funnier but that requires some imput..

it still doesn't require a brain since you just need to start walking away the moment you see 1 of them start teleporting 

You always ready to add nothing to a conversation 

this part of your message also didn't change anything

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, arubaro said:

But that is your problem for exploiting them. Imagine asking for changes to be more confortable to ignore their content

I wont be against making some items atackeable inside of chests but there is a balance design when it comes to the player inventory and some items occupying an entire slot. Isnt the biggest challenge but is something that makes us make choices

Instead of a balance isuue, this is a performance isuue.

First, shadow atrium can only be consumed by fighting fuelweaver, which can be done no more than once per 20 days (default setting). All the extra becomes useless, and they just cause great performance isuue if left untouched. So that’s the reason why I have to manage them. I only stocked a few, while the majority are dumped at a lureplant. (The exact loot I want is nightmare fuel)

Second, as long as game mechanics (ones not regarded as bugs) favor, all “expilots” are legal and should be regarded as strageties instead. For example, the intended way to get wood is to chop trees with axes. But answer me, haven’t you ever chopped trees with anything other than axes?(e.g. clockwork rook, bearger, reanimated skeleton, etc.) Should that be discourged?

Let’s return to my case. I crafted 1 rook statue, 1 bishop statue and 200+ knight statues. I hammered 1 statue at new moon, killed the shadow rook and bishop manually, and blew up all 200+ Lv. 3 knights with 41 pieces of gunpowder. So tell me which step is a bug? Shouldn’t I be able to craft so many statues with adequate material? Shouldn’t statues summon shadow pieces when hammered at new moon nights? Should’t a piece upgrade when a piece of same level but different type killed nearby? Or shouldn’t a piece take damage when it is within range of exploding gunpowder? If you think anything above is a bug, please submit it to bug report. Otherwise everything I’m using are game mechanics, and all the effort as well as reward should be respected.

8 minutes ago, fpx007 said:

Let’s return to my case. I crafted 1 rook statue, 1 bishop statue and 200+ knight statues. I hammered 1 statue at new moon, killed the shadow rook and bishop manually, and blew up all 200+ Lv. 3 knights with 41 pieces of gunpowder. So tell me which step is a bug? Shouldn’t I be able to craft so many statues with adequate material? Shouldn’t statues summon shadow pieces when hammered at new moon nights? Should’t a piece upgrade when a piece of same level but different type killed nearby? Or shouldn’t a piece take damage when it is within range of exploding gunpowder? If you think anything above is a bug, please submit it to bug report. Otherwise everything I’m using are game mechanics, and all the effort as well as reward should be respected.

You're leaving out the part where the 200+ knights get stuck in the water and can't reach you.

Unless you're somehow exploding all 200 knights with the tiny gunpowder AOE, twice, without using the water exploit? Please post a video if so, because it sounds like an amazing trick to fall back on if Klei ever fix the shadow knight water exploit.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dingle said:

You're leaving out the part where the 200+ knights get stuck in the water and can't reach you

So, if you think shadow knights should be able to cross land border, just report it! If it doesn’t get confirmed as a bug, then it is intended. After all, in case of shadow piece farm, klei patched the sunken boat trick, but this mechanism is KEPT!

Edited by fpx007
typo

18 minutes ago, fpx007 said:

So, if you think shadow knights should be able to cross land border, just report it! If it doesn’t get confirmed as a bug, then it is intended. After all, in case of shadow piece farm, klei patched the sunken boat trick, but this mechanism is KEPT!

Oh, I like the exploit so I won't report it. I use it all the time, I don't like how the design is having to do the fight every time I want to kill FW. I responded just because of how goofy the argument looked to me.

Klei has sometimes fixed bugs years after they were known about, even widely used ones. For example, the sunken boat trick was around for a really long time before they fixed it. Same with bee queen getting stuck on boats, etc. So before they fixed those, were they intentional game mechanics? What about things like void walking? Intended? Or just bugs they haven't fixed yet?

Do you think that it's intended that the knights get stuck on the water, but can walk on the water like it's land? I guess it's pointless to ask if you're being disingenuous or not.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dingle said:

Do you think that it's intended that the knights get stuck on the water, but can walk on the water like it's land? I guess it's pointless to ask if you're being disingenuous or not.

I don’t think so either. But I want to correct you one thing, I summon knights on LAND and fight rook & bishop on boat. The knights are always kept on LAND. They are never on water, and I’m never on land during the whole fight.

Since knights walk instead of teleoprt like rooks or float like bishops, it makes sense to make them be unable to cross land border and thus always stay on land, that’s my opinion.

Edited by fpx007
typo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, fpx007 said:

I don’t think so either. But I want to correct you one thing, I summon knights on LAND and fight rook & bishop on boat. The knights are always kept on LAND. They are never on water, and I’m never on land during the whole fight.

Since knights walk instead of teleoprt like rooks or float like bishops, it makes sense to make them be unable to cross land border and thus always stay on land, that’s my opinion.

Oh I see! I was thinking about the inverse when I posted.

3 hours ago, fpx007 said:

Instead of a balance isuue, this is a performance isuue.

First, shadow atrium can only be consumed by fighting fuelweaver, which can be done no more than once per 20 days (default setting). All the extra becomes useless, and they just cause great performance isuue if left untouched.

200 items sitting in a corner of the world aren't going to cause performance issues, if the game couldn't handle that then it'd be chugging every time you walk through a forest.

2 hours ago, finn from human said:

200 items sitting in a corner of the world aren't going to cause performance issues, if the game couldn't handle that then it'd be chugging every time you walk through a forest.

It is Ok when they have already been loaded. But since they as well as 200 swords & armors are dropped on a very tiny area, every time I walk nearby, game performance drops significantly for a short time! (Probably due to loading) So I have to dispose all the extra.

I also hope armors and swords are stackable, but I know there is techincal limitation so that is impossible. (Durability system confilcts with stackability.) But that is not the case for atriums, so i want to make them stackable so the issue will not be so severe.

Honestly I do wonder why we can't just stack tools and such in these chests. Surely it can't be that hard to make an array of floats indicating durability to go along with the stack. It makes sense in the inventory since there's at least some balance perspective, but I feel like since the chests already use special stacking logic it really wouldn't be much of a stretch to add a system as simple as this. Really the only downside I can think of is that you wouldn't be able to see the individual durabilities of the tools.

That having been said, since this is a magical compression tool, maybe it could just add up all the durabilities of the tools and smoosh anything divisible by 100 into a unique tool (i.e if you stack a 50%, 60% and 30% gold pick itll give you a full 100% pick (60+50) then transfer the remaining 10% to the 30% one giving you a 100% pick and a 30% one.

You could argue this isnt worth the effort but too many low % items is a pretty common complaint and overlaps quite a lot with storage.

I get Klei probably doesn't want to go through the effort, but I really do think the QOL would make this worthwhile, the only real downside I see is fringe cases like repairable gear, but honestly that'd be as simple as adding the tag "repairable" to every item that is, or simply keeping an array of tags that covers all methods of repair.

I really do feel like this is the prime time to put such a system in place since it has the perfect in-universe explanation, and is post CC where you have access to stuff like brightshade anyway so the balance implications are basically 0.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 4:26 AM, Masked Koopa said:

Moonrock Idol
Shadow Atrium
Blueprints
Figure Sketches
Spark Arks (Maybe specifically charged ones so you dont have conflicts with a sentrypede orb going into a stack)
Bootleg Getaway
Guardian Horn
Deer Antlers
Unwarmed Larvae Eggs
Unwarmed Tallbird Eggs
Houndius Shootius (Item form)
Walking Cane

Personally I don't see the need for things like walking cane to stack, but I would love to see basically all that other stuff stack. ESPECIALLY Bootleg Getaway. There's just not enough room on boats for more chests to hold bootlegs.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 6:45 AM, fpx007 said:

The fact that they can be farmed like that doesn't mean they were supposed to be nor does it mean that they should be. The pain you had while managing the loot from 200+ Lvl 3 Shadow Knights is joy to my heart.

If lag and nuisance of loot gathering is so painful maybe you will reconsider doing it next time... At least at such a scale.

Besides, with how easy Nightmare Fuel is to get, did you really need 200+ Shadow Knights? An honest question.