Latest Klei stream details

from what i can recall there is a werepig rematch in the surface;

a new setpiece that regenerates and is a source of scrap and gears (scrap is pre-rifts now);

lunar siphonator takes only 1 restrained static now and scrap;

a woomba that picks up items and adds them to existing stacks;

a chest upgrade that increases item stacks to 999 items (doesn't work on the scaled chests);

wormwood, willow and wigfrid skillset rebalances;

more stuff and interactions to acid rain and lunar hail, slippery penguin nests and frozen ponds

and i can't remember anything else

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Sorry if I forgot smth, here’s the tldr

-tweaks to some skill trees including wormwoods and willows

-additionally, skill points will be obtained around twice as fast

-lunar mushroom hat along with a food which puts ppl to sleep when consumed

-new chest upgrade, it becomes taller and you can stack items infinitely instead of stacks capping at 40 inside the chest

-a ton of other QoL, such as fossils always crafting the right fuelweaver skeleton if you’re at the atrium, celestial orb rng being fixed, and the lunar siphonator only requiring 1 restrained static instead of 3

-new scrapyard minibiome on the surface. Has lots of wagstaff scrap, along with W.O.B.O.T, which functions like a roomba (sucks up items and puts them in chests). After you beat the nightmare werepig, he gets stuck in the scrap here and you have another boss fight against him where he uses wagstaff scrap to fight you.

-concept art was shown, some of it for the Bernie transformations but most of it was for the new scrapyard set piece

-acid rain and lunar hail will be getting more content although said content wasn’t really shown off

-sharkboi will be getting more content too

-same thing with the ocean as a whole it’ll get some qol and stuff too eventually

-new item you can craft, which effectively “waxes” bushes, trees, grass, etc; meaning they won’t ever change and can’t get attacked by bright shades

again sorry if I missed anything!

Edited by goblinball
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Maxposting said:

afaik it's infinite, however 999 is the display maximum they set

Also that scaled chests are likely to get a similar upsize treatment. Will probably look really weird which hopefully will make it funny.

For Willow skill tree touch ups:

Bernie health regen increased.  They didn't go over specifics, but said it should be worth taking now.

Shadow tendrils can now target the same mob.  In current built they cannot target the same mob, so if you're fighting a boss and it is the only mob on the screen 1 tendril will target it and only after that 1 hits will another target it.  Often because they must chain targets like this, they either wander off too far to re-target the boss or time out wasting shots.  With the new system if you only have 1 boss on the screen all 5 will go after that 1 target at once.  This makes it a more reliable, and much stronger nuke.  They also upped the damage per bolt, I hope its enough to kill a shadow monkey / hound in 1 hit.  If it is, that will help a lot.

Lunar flame now targets the mouse / right analog stick.  You can move and aim separately now, and aiming is not locked to 8x directions.  This should improve its use significantly, especially for clearing woven shadows, hitting multiple targets that don't line up easily, or kiting back as you're casting rather than needing to stagger step to keep the spray going the right way.

• Thanks 2

I heard (from a comment) that the big chest might drop one regular stack of the items that is inside of it when hammered to avoid it being a lag bomb and it might be flameproof for the same reason,

Buuuuuut… nobody said that you couldn’t put one of those chest on a boat and then destroy the boat instead!
Muahaha :wilson_evil:

Also rot now washes away in the rain! (my prayers have been answered)

Edited by Kubicska
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

For Willow skill tree touch ups:

Bernie health regen increased.  They didn't go over specifics, but said it should be worth taking now.

Shadow tendrils can now target the same mob.  In current built they cannot target the same mob, so if you're fighting a boss and it is the only mob on the screen 1 tendril will target it and only after that 1 hits will another target it.  Often because they must chain targets like this, they either wander off too far to re-target the boss or time out wasting shots.  With the new system if you only have 1 boss on the screen all 5 will go after that 1 target at once.  This makes it a more reliable, and much stronger nuke.  They also upped the damage per bolt, I hope its enough to kill a shadow monkey / hound in 1 hit.  If it is, that will help a lot.

Lunar flame now targets the mouse / right analog stick.  You can move and aim separately now, and aiming is not locked to 8x directions.  This should improve its use significantly, especially for clearing woven shadows, hitting multiple targets that don't line up easily, or kiting back as you're casting rather than needing to stagger step to keep the spray going the right way.

many thanks

btw did you also catch wormwood and wigfrid skill changes?

4 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Also that scaled chests are likely to get a similar upsize treatment. Will probably look really weird which hopefully will make it funny.

we'll definitely see some mods with an extra LOOOOOOOOONG chest in the future, and also a wide chest variant, lol

Edited by mykenception

14 hours ago, mykenception said:

many thanks

btw did you also catch wormwood and wigfrid skill changes?

Here is what I remember, I can't say its everything.

Wigfrid: Battle stingers have lower cooldowns, and startling soliloquy has longer effect duration.  Also song scroll case can be used while on beef.  I think these were the only changes to her.

Wormwood:

Lightbug buff - if you have more lightbugs they get increased light radius.  At 6x bugs you get more than a lantern radius iirc.

Saladmanders buff - if you have 2x saladmanders out they get increased health.

Lunar Guardian buff - now grants planar defense, and the spike damage proc includes planar damage type so this skill remains relevant post-planar.

Flower Power - now increases effect of bloom enhancing items like fertilizer rather than "stay in bloom longer" to enable more staying in bloom always play.

Moon Shroom Cloud - eating is quicker.  Also can craft sleep bait that is edible.  Any mob that eats it gets put to sleep.

Might not be everything for him.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Also can craft sleep bait that is edible.  Any mob that eats it gets put to sleep.

The devs later said this isn’t a wormwood exclusive craft iirc 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, goblinball said:

The devs later said this isn’t a wormwood exclusive craft iirc 

Oh yeah?  I thought that was just the green shroom cap.  Cool!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fabin said:

from what i can recall there is a werepig rematch in the surface;

a new setpiece that regenerates and is a source of scrap and gears (scrap is pre-rifts now);

lunar siphonator takes only 1 restrained static now and scrap;

a woomba that picks up items and adds them to existing stacks;

a chest upgrade that increases item stacks to 999 items (doesn't work on the scaled chests);

wormwood, willow and wigfrid skillset rebalances;

more stuff and interactions to acid rain and lunar hail, slippery penguin nests and frozen ponds

and i can't remember anything else

That's basically what I saw. What else did I miss?

32 minutes ago, goblinball said:

celestial orb rng being fixed

Fixed how?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goblinball said:

-acid rain and lunar hail will be getting more content although said content wasn’t really shown off

basically, acid rain will now affect bats more, so if you have nitre on your inventory, they will smell it and chase you. upon hitting you they make you drop nitre and eat it.

mushtrees now get infected with acid rain visually. when breaking a affected mushtree, the mushroom caps will drop in a lower freshness state.

the lunar hail will pile up in the world. dust piles will be found everywhere eventually.

acid rain will also affect more mobs too but they didn't specified which.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hi. said:

Wait, what? For real? Werepig  is my favorite boss! I can’t wait!

Yeah, from what I gather after you free him from the marble prison in the caves he gets caught on the surface in some rubble.  If you free him from the rubble he's semi-passive npc you can interact with.  You can fight him, and he is like a tech werepig.  He uses gadgets to fight you, and it was implied that the gadgets he uses can be lifted off of him for us to use - although they will have very limited uses.

My guess is first fight shadow, second fight tech, maybe third fight lunar?

Also scrap tech is getting some new stuff.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 2

image.jpeg.af9496c7796d8450db378e2140453927.jpeg

It can be seen that apart from that toilet-brush-thing and laser cannon, the werepig also has the third weapon which looks like a drill arm armour. However the next second Klei's game crashed so the details of this attack is not shown in the stream.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I hope they will return to Wilson because there is something to work on there

They said in the stream that they don't plan to touch wilson in any way

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 3
  • Sad Dupe 4

The full vod is available here. My summary I sent to my friends is here (it has some information other commenters didn't leave):

New junkyard setpiece that lets you get random crap like boards, rocks, gears, and scrap (formerly post-rift content). There is a robot in this junkyard, and you can pick him up. If there are items on the floor near the robot, and a chest containing those items, he will pick the floor items up and put them in the chest. The junkyard also has a new boss.

You can upgrade chests to have infinite stack sizes. They're still 3x3 and your inventory still has normal stack limits, but the chest's stacks can go forever.

Frozen ponds and pengull nests are now slippery, and you can fall on your ass if you're not careful LOL.

You can turn plants into decorations that don't do anything except look like the plants.

They're expanding a bit on the post-rift weather. Batilisks will now try to knock nitre out of you to eat it, they hunger for the nitre.

The awesome toadstool hats are getting a new one and it's badass. There's a lunar mushroom hat now, and it drops the exploding spores from the grotto that deal 10 damage. It can currently hurt other players, but I think they're gonna change that.

Willow's stupid spells are changed a bit to be better. You can freeaim the Biden Blast now.

Wormwood's +50% max bloom perk is replaced with +30% bloom gained from items. His lightbugs will scale in brightness with how many you have. His saladmanders will gain a health buff if you summon both. His bramble husk can get planar stats. His sleep attack is faster.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1