Are there other games you play whose content makes you wish made it into dst?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

and 2- If it’s not happening, Who is Klei suing for stealing items/inspiration ideas out of their game?

Could you share what this expansion pack is called first off, second you do know it's not illegal to take inspiration from something right?

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Just go play Minecraft, Lego Fortnite, Palworlds etc to get a better understanding of what I mean

I didn't play fornite, neither minecraft but is a non sense to bring palmworld as a better and more challenging survival experience compared to DST when in palmworld waves of enemies are as easy as watching your workers kill them, temperature is local and you only need to wear the armor set that gives you protection to that temperature and hunger is anecdotic

DST has waaaaaaay better, harder and with more presence survival mechanics than palmworld (and i bet that the other 2 games you mentioned). Not only we have global weather changes, a hunger system with more impact, insanity and the waves of enemies are harder since you dont get them only when you are in base but anywhere in the world included boss fights and you need to fight them by yourself instead of wstching from a corner how your 15 pokemons kill them....

You are tired of the game and now, everytime you play a new game, you think you found something unique and better than dst even when dst has that same mechanic but better implemented

• Like 1

V rising have a couple of interesting survival mechanics that could be adapted to dst

One is the garlic debuff. In certain areas, humans hang garlic which creates areas where we acumulate a debuff that reduces our damage output while increase the damage receive. Klei can create some kind of areas or "season effect" that work in that way, making us weaker

The other mechanic is silver. Carrying silver and silver coins damage us the more we carry. Klei can add a material that hurt us the more we carry. Imagine a biome where we need to fight enemies and/or has some weather hazzard where we found a mineral or another kind of material that hurt us if we have it in our inventory making us have to choose if we wanna be greedy or not while being more careful about the damage taken while fighting or because of weather hazzards

On 2/21/2024 at 4:22 AM, mkemal23 said:

Applied Energistics Mod From Minecraft.

Yknow I'm more of a Refined Storage man, but I'd kill for some similar storaging system in DST and I'd gladly deal with the channel system if it meant we could have something similar to it.

Though it'd be less futuristic and more magic obviously, and should honestly be gated behind one of the end game bosses imo. Fuelweaver probably, he has no blueprints drops too.

• Health 1

1 hour ago, landromat said:

You mean Maxwell's top hat?

Yes, but for everybody this time.

1 hour ago, Juanasdf said:

Yknow I'm more of a Refined Storage man, but I'd kill for some similar storaging system in DST and I'd gladly deal with the channel system if it meant we could have something similar to it.

Ahh, how could I forget that one? It's been so long since I played Tech modpacks that I only remember the big names like TE, IC2 or AE. But yeah, Refined storage was much simpler and more fun. :encouragement:

1 hour ago, Juanasdf said:

Though it'd be less futuristic and more magic obviously, and should honestly be gated behind one of the end game bosses imo. Fuelweaver probably, he has no blueprints drops too.

Yes! Maybe even make it a endgame Wagstaff blueprint with scrap and orange moonlens craft. It would be such a perfect endgame reward!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arubaro said:

anywhere in the world included boss fights and you need to fight them by yourself instead of wstching from a corner how your 15 pokemons kill them

It feels like you dont know much about the game since you can only have one pal out at one time, and the player is heavily involved in the combat. The game is praised for how much involvement the player has in the game.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

It feels like you dont know much about the game since you can only have one pal out at one time, and the player is heavily involved in the combat. The game is praised for how much involvement the player has in the game.

And it feels like you shouldnt be talking of what you dont know neither attack someone when you have 0 idea of what we are talking since raids happens only when you are at base, the base where you have up to 15-20 pals (depending of settings) and they will defend the base from the atackers without any player imput. As far as i experienced, 30h of actually playing the game instead, you dont get those raids outside of the bases

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

and the player is heavily involved in the combat. The game is praised for how much involvement the player has in the game.

The game is praised because you have a mix of mechanics that fits together while having pokemons with guns. You dont need to do anything but evade attacks and throw pokeballs if you want to catch a pal... you defeat bosses by throwing pokemons and call them back before receiving strong attacks... you as a player only need to press the evade buttom...

Did you actually played the game or just trashtalk without having anything to say?

@The Starver same for u

Edited by arubaro

lethal company has 3 moons you can rush to after the first payment: dine, rend and titan

DST has 1 ruins you can rush to

would be cool if there were 2 or more places to go to that were as potent as the ruins

• Like 1

19 hours ago, arubaro said:

And it feels like you shouldnt be talking of what you dont know neither attack someone when you have 0 idea of what we are talking since raids happens only when you are at base, the base where you have up to 15-20 pals (depending of settings) and they will defend the base from the atackers without any player imput. As far as i experienced, 30h of actually playing the game instead, you dont get those raids outside of the bases

You were talking about boss fights too so there was no telling you were specifically talking about the raids.

19 hours ago, arubaro said:

The game is praised because you have a mix of mechanics that fits together while having pokemons with guns. You dont need to do anything but evade attacks and throw pokeballs if you want to catch a pal... you defeat bosses by throwing pokemons and call them back before receiving strong attacks... you as a player only need to press the evade buttom...

Did you actually played the game or just trashtalk without having anything to say?

@The Starver same for u

The game is praised for many things. The player is involved alot in combat. You shoot with guns and stuff too from a safe distance.

And yeah i played the game.

Lets try not get on the wrong boat, what i replied with was kinda toxic.

Edited by Jakepeng99

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

You were talking about boss fights too so there was no telling you were specifically talking about the raids

I was talking about hound waves occurring during boss fights instead of just getting waves when you are in base

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

I was talking about hound waves occurring during boss fights instead of just getting waves when you are in base

Unless you’ve altered your settings, hound waves only appear every 7 days, there has never been a time when they come sooner or later than that, count the days- kill them out, start the fight.

If it takes you longer than SIX GAME DAYS to kill a Boss- That’s more of a problem with its enormous health bars meant for 6 people to be wailing on it at the same time together, then it is anything else…

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Unless you’ve altered your settings, hound waves only appear every 7 days, there has never been a time when they come sooner or later than that, count the days- kill them out, start the fight.

If it takes you longer than SIX GAME DAYS to kill a Boss- That’s more of a problem with its enormous health bars meant for 6 people to be wailing on it at the same time together, then it is anything else…

So? 

1 - getting raids outside of base is more challenging than only getting them in base

2 - you dont have to deal with the raid yourself in palmworld because your base is filled with pals

3 - there is no boss fight that last 6 days, you will know this if you stop complaining about things that dont exists instead of playing 

Your comparation with palmworld makes no sense

Edited by arubaro

31 minutes ago, arubaro said:

So? 

1 - getting raids outside of base is more challenging than only getting them in base

2 - you dont have to deal with the raid yourself in palmworld because your base is filled with pals

3 - there is no boss fight that last 6 days, you will know this if you stop complaining about things that dont exists instead of playing 

Your comparation with palmworld makes no sense

I never said you had to be in your “Base” to get hound waves, you only need to count the number of game days or see/hear their audio cue to know to put on armor, grab a weapon & be ready.

THAT is DSTs problem..

When I play something like say Ark, I don’t get a certain thing to happen on a certain day, or a character quote warning me there’s a wild Dino headed my way.

So before I turn this into some massive off topic conversation here’s the TL:DR-

DST gives you an exact day, as well as a visual and audio warning that hounds are coming, you could literally stand right outside of your boss fight your about to start, wait for them to show up, wipe them out then start the fight.

UNLIKE fighting CrabKing, where random things tend to happen, such as hilarious RockJaw Shark randomly deciding it wants to get involved in the battle.