Are there other games you play whose content makes you wish made it into dst?

Minecraft & Lego Fortnite.

Particularly the much less peaceful worlds of Minecraft & Lego Fortnite, as well as all the amazing furniture/base building aspects too.

Heck even Palworlds has base defense features & not so peaceful mob/bandits that attack you.

DST feels like a peaceful base building game outside of weather, hunger, sanity & the occasional 7 day hound wave attack management.

Deerclops & Bearger feel like it is the only true threat to base.

And I’m slowly starting to accept that DST just isn’t that type of game, and it’s wrong of me to ask it to be changed..

But, I went back and played Minecraft yesterday (first time in many years actually) and I ended up dying on Day2.

Why? Because it’s a much less peaceful game then DST..

It even has villagers & stuff you need to actually protect from raids/ cure zombie viruses from.

Honestly I had forgotten how deeply complex the gameplay of Minecraft was since I hadnt played it in so very very long..

And I’m beginning to come to terms with the fact that the only way I’ll ever get a DS game that’s built like this- Is if Klei did a collaboration DLC with Minecraft to bring the world of DST into Minecraft.

And sure go ahead and laugh at that idea if you want… but then- go look at the Batman,Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ben10, Sonic the Hedgehog mash up packs for Minecraft…

And you’ll come to the conclusion that it’s Minecraft graphics, but with the respective franchise it’s collating withs gameplay mechanics.

So the TL:DR- I wish DST had more Minecraft/Lego Fortnite/Palworld base building/survival mechanics.

But if that can never ever EVER come to be… then I wish Klei would just do a DST add on for Minecraft so I can literally enjoy the best of both worlds.

• Like 3

I would really enjoy anything more complex similar to gestalts attacks from the Enlightened Crown. Combat wise, the game could get some inspirations from some mmorpg's (BDO, Genshin, WoW); something satisfying, doesn't have to be strong, but it could be more flashy.

An example is Wigfrid's Elder Spear dash. It is something so simple, yet so cool and satisfying to use.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Minecraft & Lego Fortnite.

Particularly the much less peaceful worlds of Minecraft & Lego Fortnite, as well as all the amazing furniture/base building aspects too.

Heck even Palworlds has base defense features & not so peaceful mob/bandits that attack you.

DST feels like a peaceful base building game outside of weather, hunger, sanity & the occasional 7 day hound wave attack management.

Deerclops & Bearger feel like it is the only true threat to base.

And I’m slowly starting to accept that DST just isn’t that type of game, and it’s wrong of me to ask it to be changed..

But, I went back and played Minecraft yesterday (first time in many years actually) and I ended up dying on Day2.

Why? Because it’s a much less peaceful game then DST..

It even has villagers & stuff you need to actually protect from raids/ cure zombie viruses from.

Honestly I had forgotten how deeply complex the gameplay of Minecraft was since I hadnt played it in so very very long..

And I’m beginning to come to terms with the fact that the only way I’ll ever get a DS game that’s built like this- Is if Klei did a collaboration DLC with Minecraft to bring the world of DST into Minecraft.

And sure go ahead and laugh at that idea if you want… but then- go look at the Batman,Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ben10, Sonic the Hedgehog mash up packs for Minecraft…

And you’ll come to the conclusion that it’s Minecraft graphics, but with the respective franchise it’s collating withs gameplay mechanics.

So the TL:DR- I wish DST had more Minecraft/Lego Fortnite/Palworld base building/survival mechanics.

But if that can never ever EVER come to be… then I wish Klei would just do a DST add on for Minecraft so I can literally enjoy the best of both worlds.

You know, you're right. I went back to Minecraft recently, too, and I noticed that it was markedly more difficult to survive, because of one simple mechanic: mobs spawn in darkness. Now, I realize that this itself isn't a good idea for Don't Starve, but I think that DST should have some kind of spawning mechanic beyond houses/dens/etc. It would make it much more uncompromising if, say, you were peacefully chopping trees, when a bunch of Merms charged you. Or maybe a Pig Raiding Party.

2 minutes ago, salty_cookie said:

I recently played this game called rotwood. Klei should totally add it to dst. 

Rotwood is a Klei game. It seems to have been based off of the Forge event that was held in 2018.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Starver said:

It would make it much more uncompromising if, say, you were peacefully chopping trees, when a bunch of Merms charged you. Or maybe a Pig Raiding Party

it would be a boring waste of time since it's easy to kill them and if bosses would've spawned randomly it would make you play the same way all the time by preparing for all possible fights or always killing all bosses by the same day by preparing the same stuff if they would've spawned in a specific order or it'd just force you to run away since most bosses can't catch up 

A second cult of the lamb crossover would be nice, that actually adds mechanics faitful to the game. (The previous one was so unfaitful and underwhelming. What we got was a resource heavy campfire that gives sainity with a cotl texture pack. This crossover felt so wasted since the games were a great match. The cotl side did good though.)

An Eets crossover that adds an eets pet which needs so much different foods to craft.

A my singing monsters crossover that would not fit at all because i like it.

33 minutes ago, The Starver said:

You know, you're right. I went back to Minecraft recently, too, and I noticed that it was markedly more difficult to survive, because of one simple mechanic: mobs spawn in darkness. Now, I realize that this itself isn't a good idea for Don't Starve, but I think that DST should have some kind of spawning mechanic beyond houses/dens/etc. It would make it much more uncompromising if, say, you were peacefully chopping trees, when a bunch of Merms charged you. Or maybe a Pig Raiding Party.

I dont get people saying minecraft is getting easier, it is overall getting harder in a good way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I dont get people saying minecraft is getting easier, it is overall getting harder in a good way

I wasn't saying that. I agree with you. I think that the update schedule from Minecraft would be interesting to see in DST.

• Like 1

Cult of the Lamb

I'm not going to list which features i'd love from that game to be in DST cause y'all will think i'm deranged.

I'll just say i want my Wurt to truly start a "Cult of the Merm"

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grm9 said:

it would be a boring waste of time since it's easy to kill them and if bosses would've spawned randomly it would make you play the same way all the time by preparing for all possible fights or always killing all bosses by the same day by preparing the same stuff if they would've spawned in a specific order or it'd just force you to run away since most bosses can't catch up 

The difference isn’t in your ability to survive, the difference is in how often you’ll burn through resources..

Deny it all you’d like to, but the only reason you guys CAN go over prepare for the games major boss fights, is because literally nothing else actually ever attempts to challenge you.

Just go play Minecraft, Lego Fortnite, Palworlds etc to get a better understanding of what I mean.

You May have built a sword & some healing supplies to go fight a certain boss, but then X, Y, Z show up & you burn through resources having to deal with that instead.

Its not always about making the game “Uncompromising” sometimes it’s about just giving it a core gameplay loop beyond “Learn to survive 4 repetitive never changing highly predictable seasons then build a pretty base & only challenge bosses when your good and ready to go face them.”

I can show you gameplay clips from both Shipwrecked & Hamlet DLCs that will have you rolling on the floor laughing, all I wanted to do was gather enough resources to build a Boat… and instead a snake/scorpion drops out, bites me- inflicts poison damage, then I have to drop everything I’m currently doing to rush to get myself cured.

DST compared to ANY of that, is mostly peaceful..

With the sole exception ironically being the games ocean, and the rare encounters you might get from surprise RockJaw attacks.

Even DSTs “Hunt Surprises” are something you have to intentionally be looking for in order to find.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Deny it all you’d like to, but the only reason you guys CAN go over prepare for the games major boss fights, is because literally nothing else actually ever attempts to challenge you

i don't overprepare because i try to do bosses quickly, you can do the same thing if you wanted to, you don't need the game to force you to do that

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You May have built a sword & some healing supplies to go fight a certain boss, but then X, Y, Z show up & you burn through resources having to deal with that instead

so you want the game to randomly force you to prepare more of the same stuff, which is the boring part? Also, that wouldn't apply in case of DST unless you'd get invaded by bosses like BQ and dfly because you can easily kill most things that aren't bosses only using ham bat and there's 90% absorption armor that regenerates on it's own

Edited by grm9

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I can show you gameplay clips from both Shipwrecked & Hamlet DLCs that will have you rolling on the floor laughing, all I wanted to do was gather enough resources to build a Boat… and instead a snake/scorpion drops out, bites me- inflicts poison damage, then I have to drop everything I’m currently doing to rush to get myself cured.

Man, I wish there was Poison in DST... It would make a lot of things interesting. You're really hesitant to chop the jungle trees or viney bushes, because they could spawn a Poison Snake. The second-guessing nature of that snake mechanic is really a great feature, and my explanation totally butchered it.

1 hour ago, SSneaky said:

more lively ecosystems like that of RW (although doesn't have to be as in depth)

YES YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES. If the ecosystems were even a ninth as complicated as Rain World, DST would go from a 99% boring and predictable survival game to being an unpredictable mess of a game. Of all the DS titles, Hamlet did this best. Hamlet gets so random that you have a Zorro Pig who steals your coins and runs off. There's an artifact that turns you into a battle machine, an armor that blocks any damage with more storage than a Backpack, and a BFB which eats you, taking you to its' lair.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Starver said:

Man, I wish there was Poison in DST... It would make a lot of things interesting. You're really hesitant to chop the jungle trees or viney bushes, because they could spawn a Poison Snake. The second-guessing nature of that snake mechanic is really a great feature, and my explanation totally butchered it

never thinking about poison snakes when chopping those, they die in 4 hits using axe so you can easily kill them and they aren't hard to dodge, even if you're bad at the game iirc you can kill them before they bite you if you use a 50+ damage weapon

5 minutes ago, grm9 said:

never thinking about poison snakes when chopping those, they die in 4 hits using axe so you can easily kill them and they aren't hard to dodge, even if you're bad at the game iirc you can kill them before they bite you if you use a 50+ damage weapon

But what if I'm stupid and facetank everything, including the weird yellow snake? (didn't know it was poison till I got bit. I died.)

1 minute ago, The Starver said:

But what if I'm stupid and facetank everything, including the weird yellow snake? (didn't know it was poison till I got bit. I died.)

then you learn to not do that next time and kill snakes without getting hit

1 minute ago, grm9 said:

kill snakes without getting hit

I'm also terrible at kiting. When I fight Tentacles, for example, I take more damage kiting than I do tanking (as Wigfrid at least, and I know everyone's opinion on her, but she's a fun character).

1 minute ago, The Starver said:

I'm also terrible at kiting

iirc you can kill them before they bite you if you're using a 50+ damage weapon, e.g. wigfrid's spear if you're playing as her

2 minutes ago, grm9 said:

iirc you can kill them before they bite you if you're using a 50+ damage weapon, e.g. wigfrid's spear if you're playing as her

I don't have Wig in DS. my latest unlock was Wolfgang. I will try that, though.

4 hours ago, salty_cookie said:

I recently played this game called rotwood. Klei should totally add it to dst. 

Funnily enough rotwood is literally called "from the forge" in the files, and the game is based on troubled seas update. Klei literally just copied and pasted DST game engine, there are leftover files from DST like release versions and DLC compatibility stuff.

They did add it to DST in a sense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

7 minutes ago, _zwb said:

rotwood is literally called "from the forge" in the files

I noticed that... I didn't know that about the game engine, though.

Edited by The Starver
I'm not good at datamining yet...

Okay so small Disclaimer here: These are the newly released (and all the ones used here are completely free..) Add-Ons to Minecraft, that adds New Content into your Existing game worlds.

And now the only questions I have after I post this is-

1- When’s that DST x Minecraft major Collaboration happening? (Major = pretty much porting everything they can from DST into Minecraft, and not a small collab like they did for CoTL)

and 2- If it’s not happening, Who is Klei suing for stealing items/inspiration ideas out of their game?

Edited by Mike23Ua