Crab King is amazing. Thank you Klei!

Obviously THE BEST boss in the ENTIRE game.

After Misery Toadstool of course, he’s SO worth AND fun to fight. I simply LOVE using NAPSACKS for everything because deconstructing a Pan Flute is just TOTALLY lame I personally think it’s CHEATING so I just skip crafting stuff from crafting stations ALL TOGETHER because I think EXISTING IS OVERRATED when you can just THROW TORCHES as Wilson which is SO GOOD, like who needs a LANTERN when you can just THROW TORCHES instead? It ONLY eats through 6 stacks of grass and twigs per minute, which I can get a ton of thanks to my PUGGY BEEFALO because he’s SO FAST that I NEVER transplant grass tufts a saplings because I CAN’T AFFORD TO fertilize to them once every 3000 days. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 9
  • Sanity 1

I don't think so. It's obvious that the scariest thing about the Imperial Crab is that it's difficult to remedy any mistakes you make. You didn't switch the ice wand in time to freeze it, and the ship was about to sink. A boss that relies too heavily on the freezing mechanism and has a low fault tolerance rate cannot be considered excellent.

And not to mention that its spoils have almost no value.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, zhangsheng said:

A boss that relies too heavily on the freezing mechanism and has a low fault tolerance rate cannot be considered excellent

not forgiving too many mistakes is a good thing since otherwise it'd be too easy to ignore it's mechanics and you don't need ice staves for killing him, idk what's the point of this post considering no weather pains/ice staves/minions kills were already done, worst part about CK is definitely dealing with claws with x1 damage multiplier and being unable to place a boat because a bird spawned, not ice staves being an option but not being a necessity and the boss punishing you for not handling the fight properly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, zhangsheng said:

I don't think so. It's obvious that the scariest thing about the Imperial Crab is that it's difficult to remedy any mistakes you make. You didn't switch the ice wand in time to freeze it, and the ship was about to sink. A boss that relies too heavily on the freezing mechanism and has a low fault tolerance rate cannot be considered excellent.

And not to mention that its spoils have almost no value.

I think the post was sarcasm.

3 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I think the post was sarcasm.

No, it was not. It's a very consistent fight.

The problem is that people don't even make an effort to master the boss mechanics and think it's impossible. And I demonstrated that it is actually quite simple.

I didn't say it's easy, but just right.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 2

2 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

The problem is that people don't even make an effort to master the boss mechanics and think it's impossible. And I demonstrated that it is actually quite simple.

Firstly, your skills are really excellent.

Then, what I want to say is that most people may not be as skilled as you. After all, with good gaming skills, even Misery Toadstol is not a problem.

You presented us with an exciting boss battle, but that doesn't mean the mechanism of this boss is excellent. At least, my own experience is like this.

• Like 1

When I didn't know the mechanics, Klaus seemed pretty difficult. Today he is a boss of little difficulty for me.

And that goes for all bosses.

The purpose of the video was exactly to show that it is viable and consistent to face this boss without having to resort to bees, ice Flingomatic or gunpowder.

But everyone has the freedom to create their own game strategy, of course!

• Like 4
  • Wavey 1

47 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Oh. The gameplay looked really unfun and repetitive so i assumed it was sarcasm.

• Like 19
  • Haha 2

What a minimum standards. Defeatable = Good. What is this? Tortured by East Asian pay to win MMORPGs or anime gamble games to lose your aesthetic ability?

Don't you find yourself standing on a completely immobile ship that is carefully positioned on the X-Z axis based on data mine rather than in-game experience, using an unrelated item, only one or two of the boss's countless gem combinations really work, and any experience you have with sailing is a useless trap in this battle?

How could you make an effort to master the boss without "because the code is written this way". Well-crafted mechanics? joke.

• Like 28

Also, the crab kind with ice staffs is not a good way to measure this fight. It is not cheese but feels like it. The fight was made towards rowing your boat to avoid stuff, so that should be what the boss is judged on. 

That is fun if it was not for the dumb claws. It could also be less repetitive with more variety.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Interestingly, I showed a way to defeat the boss and the comments are predominantly negative.

Is that what the forum is all about?

If you're not able to do it, do you have to complain?

I will no longer comment on this topic.

I hope it's useful for anyone looking for an alternative way to fight Crab before having access to the Down Feather item.

A big hug to everyone.

• Haha 2
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 3

-> Character that does bonus damage

-> Exploit for faster damage output

-> Datamined/looked-up-online optimal position of the boat

-> Only purple gems cuz every other gem makes the fight bordeline unwinnable

-> "Amazing boss"

I really hope that this is some sorta 10 layers of irony-deep critique of CK

• Like 24
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 4
  • GL Happy 2

2 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

lack of rewards

No. The rewards are the problem. A friend and I want to rush CC. But, we need the Celestial Tribute, which is only dropped by CK after you befriend Pearl, which is an ordeal in and of itself. I think that it should be a tiny bit easier to get. 

• Like 3

I mean you're using an animation exploit so, shall we just say congrats on the cheese? >:3

57 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Interestingly, I showed a way to defeat the boss and the comments are predominantly negative.

Is that what the forum is all about?

If you're not able to do it, do you have to complain?

I will no longer comment on this topic.

I hope it's useful for anyone looking for an alternative way to fight Crab before having access to the Down Feather item.

A big hug to everyone.

I can show you some ways too, a useful way would be to use bee's and wormwood if you're looking for a cheapo-eaze method. Wormwood optional.

• Like 1

It's a great boss fight. I love paddling around in a circle, watching my screen saver of Killer Bees slowly picking apart his lifebar until he finally goes away. Brings me back to the 1990s.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • Big Ups 2
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 1

25 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

-> Exploit for faster damage output

didn't watch the video fully so not sure if you're talking about it, but anim cancelling is intended, the devs could've simply limited the player's attack speed to the default speed of holding F if they would've wanted to, similarly to how they've limited it to 0.4 of a second at some point, which is still less and even if it would've been a glitch, it's like 17% faster attack speed

• Like 2

Literally no one can defeat CK before datamining/watching videos about it.

Literally anyone can tank CC with plenty marble armor even for chars with no bonus damage multiplier.

CK drops nothing, and a kelp-uprootter blueprint. Helps neither battle nor surviving if the player don't search the Internet for what on earth does the Trident do.

CC drops a considerable amount of glass and the crown, the latter is still one of the most powerful equipment against planar mobs.

CK is harder than CC, forces players to look up some videos online, and drops nothing. No one would ever want to beat it the second time, or even the first time if it wasn't the lunar altar keeper.

Annnnnd Klei added for it more "loots" to force players beat it multiple times as if CK was really a enjoyable battle: Winters Feast boss trinkets.

2 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

I master PVZ, and others praise me as hardcore gamer.

I master PVZ3, and others call me "Super S**t Enjoyer".

• Like 5
  • GL Happy 1

7 minutes ago, Fufuji said:

Literally anyone can tank CC with plenty marble armor even for chars with no bonus damage multiplier.

I agree with most of what you said, but you kinda lost me at this one.

Like, I am a HUGE fan of Marble Suits. It's easily my favorite armor and I rarely mess with anything else. But against CC? i dunno about that one. Maybe the first form, but its second form's "blender" attacks will shred even Marble Suits to pieces. You're much, much, much, much, MUCH better off stacking Night Suits and kiting in that fight. Especially because the hits you DO end up taking will keep your Enlightenment nice and low.

Just now, Ryusuta said:

I agree with most of what you said, but you kinda lost me at this one.

Like, I am a HUGE fan of Marble Suits. It's easily my favorite armor and I rarely mess with anything else. But against CC? i dunno about that one. Maybe the first form, but its second form's "blender" attacks will shred even Marble Suits to pieces. You're much, much, much, much, MUCH better off stacking Night Suits and kiting in that fight. Especially because the hits you DO end up taking will keep your Enlightenment nice and low.

Night armor is hard to mass-produce if one don't farm Shadow Knights, while marble can be easily and rapidly farmed.

Stage 2 blender attack only deals around 4*133 damage before it ends. That's pretty a small amount for an armor with 95% defense. Stage 3 gestalt summoning attack in close range is the only attack that really matters. Tanking it will most probably result death if HP is less than 100.

But seriously, I haven't seen anyone removing their WASD buttons and solely pressing F just because they have like 200 marbles and 80 ropes. I had tested this long ago, it turned out that for Warly with Voltgoat jelly, simply pressing no keys other than F costs around 120 marbles to defeat CC.

4 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

When I didn't know the mechanics, Klaus seemed pretty difficult. Today he is a boss of little difficulty for me.

And that goes for all bosses.

The purpose of the video was exactly to show that it is viable and consistent to face this boss without having to resort to bees, ice Flingomatic or gunpowder.

But everyone has the freedom to create their own game strategy, of course!

Yeah see, here’s my problem with this entire topic: YOU may find it fun, YOU may find it easy to do, but YOU only count as ONE Person in a much larger sea of players trying to enjoy the game.

In fact I was playing Gotham Knights with a friend of mine last night & even though I’m an expert at it & could’ve played on maximum difficulty, I was playing the game with him on Normal but there was one particular area in the game where he absolutely kept getting his butt handed to him on a silver plater, eventually he paused the game & lowered the difficulty to Very Easy, just so he could get through it..

And that’s something DST just does not have, you can’t really raise or lower difficulty so content feels more enjoyable for you if you end up stuck trying to enjoy the content the game has to offer.

Which is ironic, considering that Crab King is the only boss in the entire game that depending upon what type of Gems you socket into him, determines how difficult the fight is going to be.

Which doesn’t really matter, cause you’ll still need to increase its difficulty a good bit by socketing pearls Pearl into it to progress the games story & content.

Now if you JUST want to fight CK without the Pearl (for whatever reason..) then you can socket lower level gems into it and sort of scale him down to “Easy Mode”

But lets all just be brutally honest here: Who in their right mind would ever want to fight CK for any reason OTHER than to progress the CC questline?