Crab King is amazing. Thank you Klei!

8 hours ago, ALCRD said:

It somehow feels like i would need about 10~ rollbacks before i would get this righ

It's a learning curve for the mechanics of any boss. Then you will spend some time training and memorizing the patterns. After that it becomes consistent for you. This works for any game.

Even in Elden Ring, players redo the fight until they manage to defeat a difficult boss, spending hours and hours in combat (if you think about it, there are automatic rollbacks in that game).

BTW why do you keep rapidly unequipping and equipping your Winter Hat for?

It's the "attack animation cancel" technique. Increases damage per second (DPS), reducing combat time and the amount of resources. It's more dynamic than just holding F.

That's not my case, but today's best content creators use this technique because they are advanced players with thousands of hours of play and capable of fighting all the giants alone.

As an example of advanced players we have Guille (Youtube), Asmelarii (Youtube), Mr. Giggio (Twitch), Jazzy's Games (Twitch), Lord Lee (Twitch). Etc.

Of course there are also other excellent content creators who don't use it, but many of them just start Wolfgang's World which, in itself, is already a 200% increase in DPS in relation to the game's standard.

I also remember a recent live where Jakeyosaurus trained this technique and I don't even need to say how advanced this content creator is.

Edited by Cruvimaster
  • GL Happy 1

3 hours ago, Antynomity said:

He's also very advanced at being a manchild

Meh. Most content creators are from what i noticed.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

10 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

it was explicitly stated to be an intended mechanic

Where? And is there any way to determine if that's just retroactive?

Kinda sounds like someone making a mistake and going "Yeah, I meant to do that."

Either way, doesn't really change my explanation.

8 hours ago, _zwb said:

Did they really state that?

yes, this was in a thread regarding a patch that nerfed animation cancelling to a maximum of 2.5 attacks per second (still faster than no anim cancelling)

image.png.627979361036cffda09fd8547c672676.png

this post unambiguously implies that animation cancelling is supposed to result in a faster attack speed, they just didn't want it to be as fast as it used to be (which is fair IMO)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

yes, this was in a thread regarding a patch that nerfed animation cancelling to a maximum of 2.5 attacks per second (still faster than no anim cancelling)

this post unambiguously implies that animation cancelling is supposed to result in a faster attack speed, they just didn't want it to be as fast as it used to be (which is fair IMO)

Perfect. Thanks!

There is an official statement from the developers who made adjustments to the system, no longer arguing that it is exploid. It's canonical.

And Crab King is down to a 1x damage character. End.

44 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

Huh, I can't find this post made by zarklord on 21st of October 2020 anywhere.

Screenshot_2024-02-19-17-16-59-638_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg.47a22df22e7c9d3850008b3572c4fedb.jpg

As you can see, there's nothing between 20th and 22nd of October

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Huh, I can't find this post made by zarklord on 21st of October 2020 anywhere.

Archived topics do not show up in user's activity, which I find unnecessary and confusing :L

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

Animation cancelling was made to allow the player to stop accidental attacks, cancel accidental crafts and constructions, and to run away before the enemy hits back. Stuff like faster attacking is a unintended exploit that the devs permit, so long as it doesn't create issues.

1 hour ago, Cruvimaster said:

Perfect. Thanks!

There is an official statement from the developers who made adjustments to the system, no longer arguing that it is exploid. It's canonical.

And Crab King is down to a 1x damage character. End.

Lets not pretend clicky hat jank is intended design that validates bad boss mechanics.

Edited by Ridley
hat clicky or clicky hat
  • Like 12

I don't care if people are for or against canceling animation. The least I expect is consistency.

The same treatment given to canceling attacks should be given to collecting resources and even when feeding beefalo.

Without coherence, it looks like hypocrisy.

6 minutes ago, Ridley said:

Lets not pretend hat clicky jank is intended design that validates

It's your opinion, but not everyone.

And at any time Klei can change it and when it does I hope it stops the use of bees, as that also the concept of "bad boss mechanics."

3 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

I don't think this is Klei saying animation cancelling is intended, zarklord said "animation cancelling can still result in a faster attack speed", that's just a description of animation cancelling after the patch, not really saying it's intended.

Doesn't matter though, not what this post is about.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

Ctrl+F "intentional"

Phrase not found.

This was never intentional. It was always an exploit. It's just an exploit they decided to not completely remove. See also: rocket jumping in Quake.

The fact that it was always and remains an exploit in no way invalidates it. And that they allowed to to still be more or less functional is a sign that they've embraced it for what it is. But to claim that it was meant to be that way from the start is absolutely false.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AscendedGlitch

Little bit of added reading for ya.

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Ctrl+F "intentional"

Phrase not found.

This was never intentional. It was always an exploit. It's just an exploit they decided to not completely remove. See also: rocket jumping in Quake.

The fact that it was always and remains an exploit in no way invalidates it. And that they allowed to to still be more or less functional is a sign that they've embraced it for what it is. But to claim that it was meant to be that way from the start is absolutely false.

I never claimed it was intended from the start, whether or not it was is completely irrelevant to the fact that it became an intended interaction once the developers chose to balance it

I have zero clue why you had to make this post with an extremely condescending tone trying to "refute" something I never even said

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I realised the post had the "no cheese" tag removed.

I put it back to serve you.

53 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Ctrl+F "intentional"

Phrase not found.

I saw a lot of your comments, but please answer me: how do you fight CK? With bees? With Weather Pain? Do you face him alone?

It's just a curiosity, as I see a lot of comments, but no gameplay from anyone.