[Game Update] - Public Testing 594211

4 hours ago, kurosolo said:

Some steorotyped behavior is observed from walker critters.

I think the most interesting part is how in the second part the critters refuse the move right on the staggered pletform on the far left and right.

They freely move between the central tile and the left tile but not to the right tile even though nothing should be stopping them from doing so. 

• Thanks 1

Meh need to wait till i can try the new Update i have a highly modded Game rn. Would like to see the Performance Upgrades how they impact my Game.

Still wonder when the new Roadmap will drop. Also come on Klei i want to throw some money for Filament at you to Support on of my most played Games that brings me much joy!

10 hours ago, Meruemu said:

Is PTS open for all players?

yes, all you need to do is select Properties of ONI in steam, go to Betas and select beta you want to play - U51 for this update

• Like 1

Is it an optimization the errands queue to not show up at all anymore? 

image.png.af349dd43f45a0c0ca00c1ddff1954e1.png image.png.936e374fbd9c21169b3976e2e931619e.png

Because it is confusing not knowing at all if the errand would be done at one point or not, by just showing that generic "Low priority" instead of a number in queue

Edit: and it even shows "Low priority" when there are no errand at all?

Auto dispenser is set to "sweep only". There are no queued up sweeps. Should it say "No errands" instead of "Low priority"? image.png.ebee7fe1c7ea19a065cd07f5d5ea7662.png

Edited by sakura_sk

On 2/16/2024 at 7:31 PM, EricKlei said:

Auto-Sweepers were optimized in this update however they should work the same. I was unable to reproduce this issue, it might need more context such as other nearby buildings. Please submit a bug report with a save file.

image.png

Same issue here. All priorities and checkboxes are ok. When I remove BBQ from storage the sweeper loads it from the ground but not from the fridge like before the patch. 

image.png.be03bb5bd11aee099c1850ff46de12a3.png

On 2/16/2024 at 12:31 PM, EricKlei said:

Auto-Sweepers were optimized in this update however they should work the same. I was unable to reproduce this issue, it might need more context such as other nearby buildings. Please submit a bug report with a save file.

image.png

Reloading the game did not catch the issue when first reported back then.

I've made sure to reload several autosaves to verifiy issue was persisting. I'm glad to report that it is no longer an issue today. Sweeper strike is over.

I had saved a recording of the behavior, but that's obsolete now...

Thank you very much for your time.

Edit: It transfers after loading then it is heisenbugging... Will monitor to find any pattern to this and report to an existing report...

Edited by JRup
Corrected status.

On 2/17/2024 at 8:03 PM, pether said:

yes, all you need to do is select Properties of ONI in steam, go to Betas and select beta you want to play - U51 for this update

Will it switch back to stable when the testing period is over?

Also, as for the deprecated Critter Drop-Off, perhaps consider re-adding it as an option, even if it incurs a penalty of requiring either 4x the metal ore, or refined metal, to build?

By the way, the artwork for the colored Gas Reservoirs hasn't yet been updated. (EDIT: Fixed)

Edited by Crashed

2 hours ago, Crashed said:

Will it switch back to stable when the testing period is over?

The testing branch will always be available, but after the testing period ends, it will be synced with the stable version. A new testing branch will be provided when the next public testing begins. If you want to stay on the stable version, you need to manually switch back.

By the way, those high capacity gas tanks definitely helped me pump out the CO2 and chlorine in one of my planetoids.

Will be useful when I colonize the tiny Marshy Asteroid where space is at a premium.

Edited by Crashed

There seems to be a piping bug exhibiting itself with petroleum generators in the testing branch.  A single liquid pump should be able to fuel 5 petroleum generators.  However, for some reason, the pipe is only moving 8 kg/s petroleum through the pipe, leading to the last petroleum generator being left without fuel.  This only appears to happen when they are all in a row like pictured below.

image.png.08c55c8ccdb35acbbe47c45f230425d7.png

image.png.f311d0b13a9f93feccc6600a6456c227.png

Introducing a t-junction seems to resolve this issue.

image.png.d9d0a81948bbb2d3d4d4e27885c1b7ed.png

image.png.bd820a9a6849c7bf793105f98c13e38c.png

EDIT: This can be done by adding a bridge to the line hopping over the first generator:

image.png.7222b1bb782feb8aecc07f6d99ab97a7.png

Edited by Zarquan
  • Like 1

Another side effect of this patch is that the rules for drowning slicksters have apparently changed.  Before, slicksters in a liquid with a mesh tile above them would be fine as long as the mesh tile does not have a liquid.  Not so anymore, and all my slicksters in that situation died.  Is this a bug?

13 hours ago, Zarquan said:

Another side effect of this patch is that the rules for drowning slicksters have apparently changed.  Before, slicksters in a liquid with a mesh tile above them would be fine as long as the mesh tile does not have a liquid.  Not so anymore, and all my slicksters in that situation died.  Is this a bug?

They fixed that bug too?

Makes it so much easier to ranch them when they obey both the normal drowning and pathing rules.

11 hours ago, Saturnus said:

They fixed that bug too?

Makes it so much easier to ranch them when they obey both the normal drowning and pathing rules.

I'm not sure what bug you are referring to.  The setup I described has been safe for critters for a very long time, if not their entire existence.

No critter drowned in this situation [EDIT: pre-patch], so the behavior was consistent [, so the slicksters were following the normal drowning rules].  Here,  I have a glossy drecko, a hatch, a pip, and couple longhair slicksters in a configuration similar to the one my slicksters were in.  The first image is pre-patch, the second set is post-patch.  Slicksters behaved exactly like every other critter in this regard, which was consistent and hardly something I would call a bug.

This patch resulted in a universal rule change.  I am not against such a rule change, but I am not sure it was intended.

Pre-patch:

Spoiler

image.png.8172fce57c349a054331989d04e9a4c6.png

Post-Patch:

Spoiler

image.png.d89d741bc3f194c121b0a8c4347a859f.png

image.png.e0e45f7bec96347a9c7e608a7557b6bb.png

Pneumatic airlocks still do not count

image.png.8fc318173df5a5cd9c966745df26e550.png

Edited by Zarquan

On 2/16/2024 at 12:43 AM, JarrettM said:

Vacuum and Void elements now show a question mark icon in UI instead of a blank square.

is that a question mark? *squint*

image.png.c872421cde640fffb4ad9219f321c6ce.png

Could it have a background or the question mark have a color? Well.. it seems like it's something missing which is.. what vacuum and void elements are :lol: But I would still prefer to have it a bit move visible

• Like 1